Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Goober Pyle

Another Assistant Coach Interviews

On 1/6/2020 at 5:19 PM, vel said:

Lol yall said the same about one Kyle Shanahan...

And Alex Mack and Taylor Gabriel seemed to be pretty ok...

Remember when the boards wanted Shanny out the first year? Second year he became a Deity to them same people...then the SB happened and here we go again

On 1/6/2020 at 5:51 PM, Refried Beans said:

The Atlanta Falcons are like the unemployment office for front office GMs and scouts. Out of work? Call Atlanta, they will hire anyone. 

OK, give us your real name and let us know when the Falcons hire you.  I will be waiting for your announcement.

Quick question, Do you guys think that a defensive coordinator like Morris has any say so in the interview and does he sit in during the interview process?

What about Chuck Smith for a defensive line coach?

On 1/6/2020 at 5:14 PM, Refried Beans said:

Cleveland Browns are notorious losers, I dont need to watch them, they are like the next tier down from us, there is average middle of the pack like us and then there is Cleveland. No more trash please. 

So any player or coach that's ever spent time with the Browns is trash?

Nice take.  

9 hours ago, Tylanta99 said:

Quick question, Do you guys think that a defensive coordinator like Morris has any say so in the interview and does he sit in during the interview process?

What about Chuck Smith for a defensive line coach?

The Chuck Smith thing is hilarious to me. He makes plenty doing what he does and hasn't ever been a DL coach, don't see why it'd change.

On 1/6/2020 at 5:02 PM, Refried Beans said:

Good god. We need to change our name to the Atlanta Haulers, cause all we do is take trash from other people. Cleveland Browns!?! Come on man. No one wants anybody from that team, are we trying to forward or backwards? 

Won't we just bring back the Atlanta Thrashers instead of haulers?

On 1/6/2020 at 5:22 PM, Refried Beans said:

vel- You got me there. I did say that about Shanny, because up until he worked here he had done nothing but fail. 

Hardly.

16 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Remember when the boards wanted Shanny out the first year? Second year he became a Deity to them same people...then the SB happened and here we go again

Please stop with the Shanny comparisons of first and second year success.  Shanahan had a complicated playbook with long jargon for the plays. It took Ryan late in the season before he started understanding the concepts. 

Koetter on the other hand is not going to call Shanny's playbook any better in the second year. He's using an outdated Air Coryell playbook with long developing and archaic routes.  He just needs to get with the times.  How many deep crosses, rub routes, shallow crossers, slants or wheel routes did he call this year?  Very few,  if any at all. 

Koetter was the problem this year with the offense. I don't have confidence much will change with him.  

6 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

Please stop with the Shanny comparisons of first and second year success.  Shanahan had a complicated playbook with long jargon for the plays. It took Ryan late in the season before he started understanding the concepts. 

Koetter on the other hand is not going to call Shanny's playbook any better in the second year. He's using an outdated Air Coryell playbook with long developing and archaic routes.  He just needs to get with the times.  How many deep crosses, rub routes, shallow crossers, slants or wheel routes did he call this year?  Very few,  if any at all. 

Koetter was the problem this year with the offense. I don't have confidence much will change with him.  

I definitely not a fan of Koetter, and my Shanny comment was not to be used in conjunction with the aforementioned.

37 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I definitely not a fan of Koetter, and my Shanny comment was not to be used in conjunction with the aforementioned.

I didn't particularly make that comment specifically for you, I've just seen so many here use that argument. It's really apples to oranges. 

21 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I was one of those but was quick to realise you could see what KS offense could look like.

DK on the other hand I’m no where near as confident.

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Me either. Especially after his first stint with us.

I’m praying our defense takes the next step and we have some sought of balanced attack offensively.Thats all I don’t think we can just win with one side of the ball carrying us.Its all hands on deck and DQ needs to be able marry all 3 phases consistently.

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’m praying our defense takes the next step and we have some sought of balanced attack offensively.Thats all I don’t think we can just win with one side of the ball carrying us.Its all hands on deck and DQ needs to be able marry all 3 phases consistently.

Until our offense can run the ball consistently we'll continue to be inconsistent and apply extra pressure on Ice and our defense

On 1/6/2020 at 2:20 PM, Refried Beans said:

Blank has hired a bunch of rift raft trash from Tampa and all they know is rift raft. Winners know winners and losers know losers. You are with the company you keep. Empty trophy case and empty hype. Nothing changes cause nothing changes. If we were a WINNING organization the coach pool would be stronger, not unemployed losers and greenies. 

I am fairly certain that people from Cleveland wouldn't spell "riff-raff" wrong twice in the same sentence...

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Return of the Gaucho said:

I am fairly certain that people from Cleveland wouldn't spell "riff-raff" wrong twice in the same sentence...

Times must be slow at the Bingo Hall if you got time to spell check someone on a Atlanta Falcons message board. Everyone knows Cleveland franchise is trash. Cleveland is where NFL careers go to start or die. 

Edited by Refried Beans

Posted (edited)
On 1/6/2020 at 5:14 PM, Refried Beans said:

Cleveland Browns are notorious losers, I dont need to watch them, they are like the next tier down from us, there is average middle of the pack like us and then there is Cleveland. No more trash please. 

How can you say the Browns are bellow the Falcons you do know they have beaten the Falcons almost every time they play each other. Browns lead the series 12-3 so ya may want to back up the bus a bit on the browns. 

It’s the Browns’ best win percentage (78.6) against any other franchise.

Edited by high impact

Posted (edited)

@high impact The Cleveland Browns, New York Jets, Cinn Bengals, Miami Dolphins, Washington Redskins, Detroit Lions and Arizona Cardinals are NOTORIOUS loserville franchises. They shouldnt even worry about draft pick order every year because every year this group of losers always picks in the top 10 because they have poor ownership that repeats the same processes over and over again. Then you get franchises like Atlanta, Tampa, Indy, LA Chargers that also have poor owners but not as poor as the bottom tier. Then you have New England, Pittsburg, Philly, Seattle, Baltimore, where you got owners that got their shiot together and hold people accountable. No one cares about a Win Percentage. Anyone who has watched the NFL longer than a year knows Cleveland is the worst place to get drafted to, or coach at. It is a instant dead end NFL stop. Hiring a player or a coach from Cleveland is like picking a baseball player from A ball and expecting them to hit MLB pitching. Cleveland is the closest thing to a NFL minor league team. 

Edited by Refried Beans

10 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

@high impact The Cleveland Browns, New York Jets, Cinn Bengals, Miami Dolphins, Washington Redskins, Detroit Lions and Arizona Cardinals are NOTORIOUS loserville franchises. They shouldnt even worry about draft pick order every year because every year this group of losers always picks in the top 10 because they have poor ownership that repeats the same processes over and over again. Then you get franchises like Atlanta, Tampa, Indy, LA Chargers that also have poor owners but not as poor as the bottom tier. Then you have New England, Pittsburg, Philly, Seattle, Baltimore, where you got owners that got their shiot together and hold people accountable. No one cares about a Win Percentage. Anyone who has watched the NFL longer than a year knows Cleveland is the worst place to get drafted to, or coach at. It is a instant dead end NFL stop. Hiring a player or a coach from Cleveland is like picking a baseball player from A ball and expecting them to hit MLB pitching. Cleveland is the closest thing to a NFL minor league team. 

That's quite possibly the dumbest take on why you shouldn't hire ANY coach from a bad franchise. Belicheck and Saban coached at Cleveland together. They turned out okay.

The only examples anyone can give on ANYONE good out of Cleveland is BB and Saban. The Falcons had over 8 former coaches on the Broncos SB team, the Falcons have another former OC in Shanny playing another former Falcons coach Zimmer in the play-offs. Outside of BB and Saban name me one GOOD coach out of Cleveland. Hue Jackson? Eric Mangini? Romeo Crennel? I dont even know why I am having a debate about the Cleveland Browns they are shiot franchise end of story, and all coaches, GMs, scouts, etc.. that come from there are shiot. Like I said earlier it is where you go to start or end your NFL career not where you go to win anything. Minor League. 

Source tells me Falcons plan to hire former Browns pass-game coordinator/secondary Joe Whitt Jr., who recently interviewed for a defensive position on staff. Whitt just completed 13th NFL season, was assistant DBs coach for Falcons in 2007 when team president Rich McKay was the GM, Bobby Petrino head coach, and Mike Zimmer defensive coordinator. Whitt played a big role in development of Charles Woodson with Packers. Unclear what Whitt's title will be. Not official yet. Raheem Morris the DC.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fmcclure_vaughn.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Vaughn McClure, ESPN Staff Writer1m ago

27 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

The only examples anyone can give on ANYONE good out of Cleveland is BB and Saban. The Falcons had over 8 former coaches on the Broncos SB team, the Falcons have another former OC in Shanny playing another former Falcons coach Zimmer in the play-offs. Outside of BB and Saban name me one GOOD coach out of Cleveland. Hue Jackson? Eric Mangini? Romeo Crennel? I dont even know why I am having a debate about the Cleveland Browns they are shiot franchise end of story, and all coaches, GMs, scouts, etc.. that come from there are shiot. Like I said earlier it is where you go to start or end your NFL career not where you go to win anything. Minor League. 

Marty Schottenheimer says, "Hello"!