Nino11

If Jordan Love falls to 16.....

262 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Tua is a better question....but I suspect it will be a resounding no by the board

Call me crazy but I don’t know if I like Tua long-term better. That durability is a big question mark 

AUTiger7222 and slick0ne like this

9 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

Do we take him? Let Matt groom him for a couple years and he takes over ala Aaron Rodgers?

If we really bombed this season and fired our coaches... *maybe*.

But since we're not rebuilding - No. 

We need a defensive playmaker and to restock our OL badly. If we fix our trenches we will definitely be back in the playoffs. 

12 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Tua is a better question....but I suspect it will be a resounding no by the board

Of course its a resounding no by the board, how does taking a QB with our first round pick make any sense? Unless the season is a throwaway in which case Blank needs to get his head checked as he shouldnt have brought DQ back if the season is already over.

There are top tier defensive playmakers to be had with our pick that could make a difference next year (which is obviously a competing year). If next season is a dud and changes happen, then yes, look for a QB replacement. Can't give up on next year when the bulk of the team and coaches are brought back to compete.

How do you not take this guy? He's NFL ready. Today's mobile NFL QB type ready. And don't sit him for two years, get him in games and get him involved like the Saints use Taysom Hill.

Nino11 and 4dabirds like this

7 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

If Jordan Love goes in the first round I’ll be extremely surprised.  He’s barely in the top 100

Dude...you can't be serious.

36 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

Do we take him? Let Matt groom him for a couple years and he takes over ala Aaron Rodgers?

He's a terrific player, but we have far more pressing needs that he wouldn't do a thing to solve. It's be an investment for 2022, and that just doesn't make sense right now.

34 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

How do you not take this guy? He's NFL ready. Today's mobile NFL QB type ready. And don't sit him for two years, get him in games and get him involved like the Saints use Taysom Hill.

F*** Taysom Hill/saints/swampers/rat-faced-boy

Actually you make a valid point, but my above comment will always stand.

12 minutes ago, Beef said:

We have legit holes and desperate needs on this team and some of you are really talking about taking a freaking 2nd round QB at 16??

WTF?

This is TATF man, some of the greatest football minds east of the MISSISSIPPI...:lol:

Seriously though, once again the Falcons first two picks need to be in the trenches in whichever order, OL/DL.

vitaman and MoFalconsFan56 like this

45 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Dead money hits for Ryan next 3 years:

68 mil, 44 mil, 28 mil. He's not going anywhere.

If a stud QB falls to 16, then the thing to do is get a bunch of picks for him.

Dallas: Tua fell to 16, we are moving on from Dak and can’t take a chance someone else moves in front of us. We will give you 4th to move up one slot.

Dimitroff: I can’t take the chance you are just trading up to take my secret weapon that will single handedly win the super bowl this year.

1 hour ago, Beef said:

We have legit holes and desperate needs on this team and some of you are really talking about taking a freaking 2nd round QB at 16??

WTF?

QB is definitely a hole though 

The Rock likes this

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

A hole what do you mean by that?

#2 ?

He ain't what he used to be, and he is not what the nfl is today. Brady and Brees are out of the playoffs. That era of QB is over with 

Just now, caponine said:

He ain't what he used to be, and he is not what the nfl is today. Brady and Brees are out of the playoffs. That era of QB is over with 

You think that really.

So because very few of those college QBs coming out of college can’t start under centre the time for those sought of QBs are over you reckon lol.

Man that’s just hilarious.

I’ll mark it down you saying that.

Cousins Wilson & Garoppolo all start under C are still in this the day of a start under C QBs are a long way from being done a long way.

FalconJim, athell, rugger8 and 1 other like this

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

You think that really.

So because very few of those college QBs coming out of college can’t start under centre the time for those sought of QBs are over you reckon lol.

Cousins Wilson & Garoppolo all start under C are still in this the day of a start under C QBs are a long way from being done a long way.

I don't have the patience kiwi, God bless you bro lol

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

You think that really.

I mean RPO and mobile though lol and it is,  how many pure pocket passes are still left in the game today?? Ryan gets sacked too much because he cant move. He is the reason for some of the sacks he takes. If you dont think a mobile QB is what the nfl is today then idk what to tell you. You can say Ryan had no run game and no OL and blame it on that but ultimately you cant. There have been guys that have done less than what Ryan has had. 

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

Dead money hits for Ryan next 3 years:

68 mil, 44 mil, 28 mil. He's not going anywhere.

If a stud QB falls to 16, then the thing to do is get a bunch of picks for him.

Bro where you been?

Anyway crazy talk about Love. If Tua falls to 16 some conversations need to be had though. Put the Aaron Rogers plan in action. Would be great depth if Ryan ever has a major injury, starts to decline or decides to retire early. He won't drop to 16 though.