Tua Declares

4 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Tua declares for draft this will help us get one of the d-linemen we are after. SD will take him. If he didnt come out they were going to take Derek Brown. 

In one of my mocks I have a run on QBs in the early first. Miami selects Tua, Chargers select Herbert. If Love has a good combine and pro day, I could see the Panthers selecting him afterward, as I don't think he would be available in the second round. This could be the "Daniel Jones" type of selection for them.

News flash,  Herbert from Oregon will not go in round 1, Burrows, Love, and Tua will but not Herbert. NFL scared of Orgeon QBs. Million dollar question, if teams ahead of us get scared by the injury and he falls in your lap, you taking Tua or Gross-Matos?  I think Tua has Russell Wilson upside. 

Edited by Refried Beans

3 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

News flash,  Herbert from Oregon will not go in round 1, Burrows, Love, and Tua will but not Herbert. NFL scared of Orgeon QBs. Million dollar question, if teams ahead of us get scared by the injury and he falls in your lap, you taking Tua or Gross-Matos?  I think Tua has Russell Wilson upside. 

How is the NFL scared of Oregon QBs? Herbert is nothing like Mariota.

I had a feeling that you were going to eventually direct the discussion to the Falcons possibly taking Tua lol.

I obviously think the Falcons need to take Gross-Matos but it would present a big decison if Tua fell in our laps because other teams got scared of the injury. Like I posted up above, No QB coming out is more like Russell Wilson than Tua. Justin Herbert, to me, is another Blake Bortles, good but not great. I am taking Gross-Matos, trading back into late 1st and getting Biadasz as my Center of the future and then drafting Najee Harris or AJ Dillion late 2nd for my RB of the future. Then in later rounds I am taking Miam LB Shaq Quatterman and looking for a Safety or CB late. 

Edited by Refried Beans

57 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Back in the day there were some pretty good QB's from Oregon.  (Dan Fouts, Chris Miller, etc.)

I'm not sold on Tua right now.  I think he needs to proved he is healthy, but he is coming out.  I could be wrong, he could go high, but if I had to place a bet, I would say low part of round 1 or below 15.  The injury is not "usual."  It went from being career threatening to now being "no big deal" like he just broke a finger or something.  Ask Jake Butt how a routine ACL injury during his bowl game against FSU has turned out.  I would be very skeptical, especially with a first round pick.

IsProab- I agree, let someone else take the chance but I also like what Genaut was saying about taking offers from other folks for the pick if he falls in our lap. I think "MOST" NFL teams are going to be scared by the injury. But San Diego makes the most sense. Sign Rivers for a couple of more years and slowly bring Tua into the role.