Is there a coaching position on this team for Kris Richard?

I am always for having experience on the staff as long as they figure out a way to work together as a team. You can run into issues when you have too many strong personalities and different philosophies working together. I have no idea what went on behind the scenes but wouldn't be surprised if some of our issues came from this. It is ok to have different backgrounds and philosophies as long as they all have a clear vision of how we want to play as an offense and defense. It took half the season for the defensive staff to figure things out, but our offense still looks like a mess. Offensive and defensive coordinators only have so much time during a week and are very dependent on the rest of their staff. Hopefully, they spend the off-season ironing things out and doing some self scouting to better understand how we should be attacking opponents.

49 minutes ago, vel said:

DB coach but doubt he's taking that job now. He's a DC. That's a demotion. With enough jobs coming up, he'll have opportunities to take over a DC post somewhere. If he doesn't, then Richards could look at a DB coach role. 

He was a DB coach with the Cowboys. He occasionally helped with playcalling. So it would be a lateral move, not a demotion.

24 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

He was a DB coach with the Cowboys. He occasionally helped with playcalling. So it would be a lateral move, not a demotion.

20 minutes ago, vel said:

He was the de facto DC, he just didn't have the title. 

Yeah he was the play caller the last few seasons. Not occasionally. Marinelli step aside with the quickness.

I always liked Richard. Still wondering what went wrong in Seattle that made Pete move on, but I’d be hesitant to bring him on at this point. He’s got a VERY strong personality and you get to the point of too many chefs in the kitchen. If we didn’t have Morris I’d be all for it.

11 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Yeah he was the play caller the last few seasons. Not occasionally. Marinelli step aside with the quickness.

I always liked Richard. Still wondering what went wrong in Seattle that made Pete move on, but I’d be hesitant to bring him on at this point. He’s got a VERY strong personality and you get to the point of too many chefs in the kitchen. If we didn’t have Morris I’d be all for it.

How do you feel about Joe Whitt Jr.

15 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I think it might have had to do with his tenure as the DC also being when the Legion of Boom started declining.

One may have had nothing to do with the other but they had to blame someone.

12 minutes ago, Cole World said:

How do you feel about Joe Whitt Jr.

I’m not overly familiar with him to be honest. I’ve heard his name before going back when he was with Green Bay, but I don’t know his work too well.

4 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I think it might have had to do with his tenure as the DC also being when the Legion of Boom started declining.

One may have had nothing to do with the other but they had to blame someone.

I thought that too but that defense was still balling right up until the injuries piled up. They were in the top 10 in everything right up to the last few weeks when they just couldn’t get the run stopped and guys were dropping left and right.

I’d think a guy would get some kind of mulligan considering where they were the year before, because they sure haven’t gotten better under Norton.