9 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

Would love to have had that 7th from the Pats in the Saubert trade to turn those two 7s into a 6th.

Didn't Atlanta get an additional 7th-round pick from the Eagles when they traded Duke Riley for Cyprien?

Falcons trade Duke Riley for Eagles safety 

Unknown
Kelsey Conway

AtlantaFalcons.com reporter

The Falcons announced Monday they have traded Duke Riley and a sixth-round pick to the Philadelphia Eagles for safety Johnathan Cyprien and a seventh-round pick.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-trade-duke-riley-for-eagles-safety

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you already know, the Atlanta Falcons traded Mohammed Sanu the New England Patriots for their 2nd round pick. At the time, I assumed the pick received would be in the #62-64 range but thanks t

Fives picks in the first 109 is very nice. Just keep TD from trading up. 

But....but......TD is so horrible. How did he pull off such a trade...?? (note: i'm not a TD cheerleader, but give credit where it is due)

9 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

The pats have been uncharacteristic in their trades of late. Jimmy G for a 2nd. MS for a 2nd. No was great for us but that’s pretty desperate. 

The talk was already out there. After they released AB, Brady was pissed. Brady was mainly pissed, because he knows Kraft made a friendly decision for Goddell. Especially for a player being accused, instead of one that's actually done it. They were ready to trade a portion of their picks to us for Sanu and Hooper. If we don't re-sign Hooper, we will lose on that deal. 

58 minutes ago, theProf said:

Didn't Atlanta get an additional 7th-round pick from the Eagles when they traded Duke Riley for Cyprien?

Falcons trade Duke Riley for Eagles safety 

Unknown
Kelsey Conway

AtlantaFalcons.com reporter

The Falcons announced Monday they have traded Duke Riley and a sixth-round pick to the Philadelphia Eagles for safety Johnathan Cyprien and a seventh-round pick.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-trade-duke-riley-for-eagles-safety

They did yes, but we also lose our original 7th as part of the Jordan Richards trade. In all, we have a 1,2,2,3,4,5,7

11 hours ago, g-dawg said:

As you already know, the Atlanta Falcons traded Mohammed Sanu the New England Patriots for their 2nd round pick.

At the time, I assumed the pick received would be in the #62-64 range but thanks to the Tennessee Titans dispatching the Patriots today, the pick we received will be #55 overall per NFL Tankathon.

That was a GREAT trade and still amazed we got that for a player we were likely to cut in 2020.

Falcon picks:

#1-016

#2-047

#2-055 (f/Patriots)

#3-078

#4-109

#5-140

#7-206

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/full_draft

Will be interesting to see what Falcons do with all this ammo.   Anyway, just doing a victory lap on this trade which costed us virtually nothing.

--Will be interesting to see what Falcons do with all this ammo. - - 

Blow it on pedestrian picks like TD does every year... Please refer to Matthews, Takk, McGary, Beasley, Trufant, Neal, et al... 

11 hours ago, g-dawg said:

We won’t be bringing Sanu back....We gotta go cheap for awhile on receivers and have RussellGage, Olamide Zacheus and Christian Blake to go with Julio/Calvin.

Gage has impressed me I was fine with the trade -that second will come in handy building the DL/OL Zacheus is the one to watch.

2 minutes ago, Diggable Birds said:

Gage has impressed me I was fine with the trade -that second will come in handy building the DL/OL Zacheus is the one to watch.

Everytime we throw the ball toward him, I almost have to close my eyes. Gage is going to get himself seriously injured the way he sacrifices his body trying to get the ball or hurdle defenders.

8 minutes ago, nuccah said:

Everytime we throw the ball toward him, I almost have to close my eyes. Gage is going to get himself seriously injured the way he sacrifices his body trying to get the ball or hurdle defenders.

Yeah he really gets off the ground going after Balls :mmmhmm:...........  I mean footballs. Hes young he'll learn but he really could be a solid #3 receiver. I hope we don't draft a wr we seem to be doing pretty good developing UDFA's. I feel like we should spend most if no all our picks on Defense - if Etienne is there when we pick at #55 GET HIM hes special.

Man where can we find a return guy like #11 on the Saints hes a problem in the return game

Edited by Diggable Birds
1 hour ago, Vandy said:

That’s been the bigger problem...

It’s really not been that much of a problem.   In 12 years,  TD has given up more than one pick for a player exactly ONE time and it was for the best player in franchise history.

TD does tend to trade the 3rd round pick a little too much - I don’t really mind it if you hit on the pick like Trufant - not looking good for Takk - and jury is out on McGary.

I really believe the strategy will be much different this year by necessity.

Falcons are in a cap crunch and are basically at or near salary cap for 2020 already with only about 43 players under contract.  YES, Falcons are moving money around on the large contracts and other potential cuts but lots and lots of moves just to be able to field a 53 man squad for Sunday’s.

Right now Falcons have 5 picks in the first 109. I would be willing to bet $20 that we finish with at least that many if not one more.

Falcons need all these picks and more.

4 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

The talk was already out there. After they released AB, Brady was pissed. Brady was mainly pissed, because he knows Kraft made a friendly decision for Goddell. Especially for a player being accused, instead of one that's actually done it. They were ready to trade a portion of their picks to us for Sanu and Hooper. If we don't re-sign Hooper, we will lose on that deal. 

i forgot about them wanting hooper.  yeah hes a one you have to resign.