g-dawg

Mmmm....Good Trade

81 posts in this topic

As you already know, the Atlanta Falcons traded Mohammed Sanu the New England Patriots for their 2nd round pick.

At the time, I assumed the pick received would be in the #62-64 range but thanks to the Tennessee Titans dispatching the Patriots today, the pick we received will be #55 overall per NFL Tankathon.

That was a GREAT trade and still amazed we got that for a player we were likely to cut in 2020.

Falcon picks:

#1-016

#2-047

#2-055 (f/Patriots)

#3-078

#4-109

#5-140

#7-206

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/full_draft

Will be interesting to see what Falcons do with all this ammo.   Anyway, just doing a victory lap on this trade which costed us virtually nothing.

The pats have been uncharacteristic in their trades of late. Jimmy G for a 2nd. MS for a 2nd. No was great for us but that’s pretty desperate. 

11 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

The pats have been uncharacteristic in their trades of late. Jimmy G for a 2nd. MS for a 2nd. No was great for us but that’s pretty desperate. 

The only traded Jimmy G because Brady was scared Bill would move on with Jimmy as his QB. Kraft of course took Brady’s side. 

3 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Almost seems like was done knowing Tom Brady was one-n-done and BB/Pats hoping to get one more and didn’t mind overpaying.   Glad to see Falcons benefiting from that desperation.   

1 minute ago, WisFalcon said:

AND we can getSanu back if the Pats release him

We won’t be bringing Sanu back....We gotta go cheap for awhile on receivers and have RussellGage, Olamide Zacheus and Christian Blake to go with Julio/Calvin.

31 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

As you already know, the Atlanta Falcons trades Mohammed Sanu the New England Patriots for their 2nd round pick.

At the time, I assumed the pick received would be in the #62-64 range but thanks to the Tennessee Titans dispatching the Patriots today, the pick we received will be #55 overall per NFL Tankathon.

That was a GREAT trade and still amazed we got that for a player we were likely to cut in 2020.

Falcon picks:

#1-016

#2-047

#2-055 (f/Patriots)

#3-078

#4-109

#5-140

#7-206

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/full_draft

Will be interesting to see what Falcons do with all this ammo.   Anyway, just doing a victory lap on this trade which costed us virtually nothing.

Unless Simmons or Delpit falls to #16, I hope we attempt to move back to the early 20’s and add a third 2nd round pick.

History says the opposite will be true

38 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Unless Simmons it Delpit falls to #16, I hope we attempt to move back to the early 20’s and add a third 2nd round pick.

It’s waaaaaaay too early to be making predictions on draft slots other than maybe Joe Burrow, Chase Young and Jeff Odukah.  

I will agree that I would prefer a move down vs up - not 100% sold on either Delpit or Simmons.  More sold on Simmons than Delpit.

ratesforless likes this

Just now, g-dawg said:

It’s waaaaaaay too early to be making predictions on draft slots other than maybe Joe Burrow, Chase Young and Jeff Odukah.  

I will agree that I would prefer a move down vs up - not 100% sold on either Delpit or Simmons.

You think Okudah goes 3rd? That’d be a reach. Redskins are 3rd right? They definitely have bigger needs than CB. 

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

You think Okudah goes 3rd? That’d be a reach. Redskins are 3rd right? They definitely have bigger needs than CB. 

Never said that they would go 1,2,3 - but none of those three are likely to drop past 6-7.

Just now, g-dawg said:

Never said that they would go 1,2,3 - but none of those three are likely to drop past 6-7.

I guess I can agree with that. Okudah should go top 10, probably top 8. Young and Burrow gone within the first 2 or 3 picks for sure. 

g-dawg likes this

40 minutes ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

But....but......TD is so horrible. How did he pull off such a trade...??

(note: i'm not a TD cheerleader, but give credit where it is due)

I'm TDs biggest fan,, just like I am Brian Hill and Vic Beasley's biggest fan,,  

I hope we drop back a few spots and pick up a 2nd or a 3rd and 4th with the lack of $$$$ we can use the bodies IF TD makes the right picks. That is a BIG IF?

35 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Unless Simmons or Delpit falls to #16, I hope we attempt to move back to the early 20’s and add a third 2nd round pick.

I would love either. Simmons is about to ball out next Monday night 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

13 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

I hope we drop back a few spots and pick up a 2nd or a 3rd and 4th with the lack of $$$$ we can use the bodies IF TD makes the right picks. That is a BIG IF?

This is probably the year to do it but sometimes you gotta be flexible on the compensation if their aren’t a lot of suitors.

Love Okudah.  I really got a bad taste in my mouth for Chase Young when he failed to show up for his team when they needed him most vs  Clemson.

But watching Okudah, I was very much impressed.  

The Great American likes this