Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Has the Brady/Bellicheck and Brees/Payton era of dominance and success come to an end?

112 posts in this topic

There is not a doubt in my mind that Brady/Bellicheck and Brees/Peyton will be back another 1-3 years. My question is do you think the days of Brady/Bellicheck winning super bowls and making it to AFC championship games every season, and the Saints winning division titles and being super bowl contenders every season are over? Or do you think this season's early post season exit and QB struggles were a fluke?

FalconJim likes this

No fluke. Patriots have struggled offensively and to stop the run all season. The Saints run a 2 player offense and defense is suspect. They both got beat by better teams. Hopefully Brady doesn’t return to New England. I want to see what him and Bill do without each other

Drew4719, UK13, Rings and 8 others like this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

No fluke. Patriots have struggled offensively and to stop the run all season. The Saints run a 2 player offense and defense is suspect. They both got beat by better teams. Hopefully Brady doesn’t return to New England. I want to see what him and Bill do without each other

Tom gonna go retire in Florida with all the other old ppl? 

Falcons Fan MVP and FalconJim like this

7 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

There is not a doubt in my mind that Brady/Bellicheck and Brees/Peyton will be back another 1-3 years. My question is do you think the days of Brady/Bellicheck winning super bowls and making it to AFC championship games every season, and the Saints winning division titles and being super bowl contenders every season are over? Or do you think this season's early post season exit and QB struggles were a fluke?

Exactly what “dominance” have we seen from Brees/Payton? They lucked into one ring, and had to cheat to get that. 

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I hope that isn’t what you took from that

That he could end up in Miami or Jax or Tampa? Be interesting to watch where McDaniels interviews. Could be foreshadowing 

ya_boi_j likes this

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Exactly what “dominance” have we seen from Brees/Payton? They lucked into one ring, and had to cheat to get that. 

3 straight division titles. 13-3 regular season records the last 2 seasons. 

Nino11 likes this

Just now, MoFalconsFan56 said:

That he could end up in Miami or Jax or Tampa? Be interesting to watch where McDaniels interviews. Could be foreshadowing 

Thank god you aren’t as slow as others are. 

I’ve been thinking he end up in the AFC West. Jax and Miami would both be wastes of time and a bad way to finish his career. Tampa Bay would be interesting given the weapons available. There’s a team in the West who’s moving to a new stadium next season and their current QB looks to be on the outs. Tom could go finish there while his replacement grooms for a season or two

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

7 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

I woudnt classify the Brees.Payton era as an era of dominance.

Success was the word meant for them. They have been dominating the NFC South though.

SirCzah likes this

My long shot call...

MacD to NYG, Brady follows him there and Daniel Jones learns behind him for 1-2 years. Build the OL, lean on Saquon Barkley, and Brady can have a couple more respectable seasons. He is used to feasting on a weak division, this is a perfect fit!

kiwifalcon likes this

I'm one of those who thinks that Brady could actually end up in Indianapolis. Really good talent, really good coaching, indoors, a nice touch for a 45 year old quarterback.

HouseofEuphoria likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Thank god you aren’t as slow as others are. 

I’ve been thinking he end up in the AFC West. Jax and Miami would both be wastes of time and a bad way to finish his career. Tampa Bay would be interesting given the weapons available. There’s a team in the West who’s moving to a new stadium next season and their current QB looks to be on the outs. Tom could go finish there while his replacement grooms for a season or two

Yeah I don’t think he goes to MIA.They have the cash but he doesn’t have THAT much time. I was thinking the chargers too tho OR the raiders. The Chargers are the better option but idk. Could be interesting. 

Yeah I don’t think he goes to MIA.They have the cash but he doesn’t have THAT much time. I was thinking the chargers too tho OR the raiders. The Chargers are the better option but idk. Could be interesting. 

That’s exactly who I’m referring to. All indications suggest Rivers is on his way out. 

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I'm one of those who thinks that Brady could actually end up in Indianapolis. Really good talent, really good coaching, indoors, a nice touch for a 45 year old quarterback.

Crossed my mind too but I don’t know

octoslash likes this

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

That’s exactly who I’m referring to. All indications suggest Rivers is on his way out. 

He’s gotta be done he looked so bad. I’m not mad ab it I can’t stand Rivers. Isn’t Brady a California guy too? Very possible

ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, RubberDucky said:

If Brady gets out of NE, I'd put my $$$ on Denver.

Crossed my mind as well but no weapons. He has to go somewhere in win now mode

He’s gotta be done he looked so bad. I’m not mad ab it I can’t stand Rivers. Isn’t Brady a California guy too? Very possible

I also like the Indy mention but I don’t think Tom would go and step on Brissetts toes like that, plus they just paid Jacoby so I don’t think that will happen. 

4 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Crossed my mind as well but no weapons. He has to go somewhere in win now mode

What if Brees retires and he went to NO, LOL

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I also like the Indy mention but I don’t think Tom would go and step on Brissetts toes like that, plus they just paid Jacoby so I don’t think that will happen. 

Did they? Thought word was “the jury is still out”. I think Tom is the type to not care who he steps on to get what he wants. Indy will need more weapons if he goes there too tho. Pretty nice OL but not much outside of Hilton

Falcons win the South next year.  NO might pay Teddy this offseason and let Brees walk

Patriots have lots of CAP, 5 top 100 picks and a motivated Belichick & Brady.  They will add AJ Green and Austin Hooper if we are stupid and let him walk.  They have one to two more years with that defense

FalconJim and Vandy like this