• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
falconfanEST1989

Bye bye Aints

2 hours ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Have fun and be careful :lol:

Yep.  Not going to NOLA because it's a shytehole.  When we beat them ing NO this season I wore my Falcons jersey all over town.  Got lots of stink-eye but no trouble!

3 hours ago, stingbee said:

Aaints should never make fun of Falcons loss in SuperBowl— they have choked in 3 playoffs. 

I see this a lot and I don’t get it. The Aints won a SB and we not only lost one but made history doing it. I’m sorry but that can’t be lived down. 3 chokes in the playoffs doesn’t even come close. I mean **** at least they made it to the playoffs.

I’m all for talking trash but it has to make sense. We didn’t even make it to the playoffs.

1 hour ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

I see this a lot and I don’t get it. The Aints won a SB and we not only lost one but made history doing it. I’m sorry but that can’t be lived down. 3 chokes in the playoffs doesn’t even come close. I mean **** at least they made it to the playoffs.

I’m all for talking trash but it has to make sense. We didn’t even make it to the playoffs.

Sure did.  The loss they make fun of was in the Super Bowl.   Had to make the playoffs first.  Did they make the playoffs that year?

2 hours ago, Tandy said:

Sure did.  The loss they make fun of was in the Super Bowl.   Had to make the playoffs first.  Did they make the playoffs that year?

No but they had already won a SB. That means you can rub it in the face of any team that hasn’t. We could have remedied that in 2016 but instead we had the most epic choke of all time. In the entirety of sports history.

6 hours ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

No but they had already won a SB. That means you can rub it in the face of any team that hasn’t. We could have remedied that in 2016 but instead we had the most epic choke of all time. In the entirety of sports history.

To Falcons fans, yes it was.   But not really.   

9 hours ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

What not really? The biggest choke in sports history? Name one that was worse. Just one.

Houston Oilers were up 35-3 in the playoffs against the Bills....Bills came back and won in OT 38-35 WITHOUT their starting QB the entire game.

Saints lost to the 49ers after leading 35-7(regular season)

10 hours ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

What not really? The biggest choke in sports history? Name one that was worse. Just one.

Oilers were up 35-3 late in the 3rd quarter and lost.   That's 32 points - more than 25.

Falcons beating Dallas in Divisional round, then knocked out Staubach - and some kid named Danny White came in - and won the game.   I was at that game - it crushed!  Then we went back against him in the playoffs 2 years later - and were up 2 scores late in the 4th - and he came back and won again.   I was there too!  

Giants were up by 24 points over 9ers late in the 3rd and freakin' Jeff Garcia came in and beat them - in Regulation!

KC was up 38-10 in the 3rd quarter of the playoff game against the Colts in 2013 - and they even scored again - but lost 45-44.

The Oilers (NHL) led 5-0 into the 3rd against Edmonton - and let them score 5 times in the 3rd to tie it up - and then lost it n OT

In 2004 - Yankees and Red Sox - the ALCS series - look it up!

There are a lot more in the history of Sports - in every type of sport.    This was the worst for us for sure - but it wasn't the only and wasn't even the biggest choke.

My favorite part was New Orleans never even getting to touch the ball in overtime.  

{Of course the Saints will petition the league to make  YET ANOTHER  rule change in which both teams MUST be given a full possession in OT regardless of who wins the toss}

2 hours ago, octoslash said:

My favorite part was New Orleans never even getting to touch the ball in overtime.  

{Of course the Saints will petition the league to make  YET ANOTHER  rule change in which both teams MUST be given a full possession in OT regardless of who wins the toss}

We've lost plenty of games by losing that 1st possession opportunity in OT.   Super Bowl - we never got to touch the ball in OT.

7 hours ago, ki46dinah said:

Saints lost to the 49ers after leading 35-7(regular season)

The 1980 Saints were 0-13 when that game was played and finished the season 1-15, the team was horrible that year like many other years during that period. You grasping at straws, my dude. :lol:

4 hours ago, octoslash said:

You do know the reason they ever even changed that rule was because of us knocking the Vikings out the playoffs, right?