You have to run the football to win Championships!

Refried Beans

This is why KC wont make it again this year. When are Falcons organization going to quit making it so difficult to to do something so simple? William Andrews? Lynn Cain? Michael Turner? Jamal Anderson? Freeman and Coleman? We are only successful when we run. Get the o-line and run the ball, all else is irrelevant. You can have a 2nd tier defense like Atlanta has now if you run the ball. What made Seattle defense so great? Lynch pounding the rock keeping defense fresh and off the field. This chuck and duck the Falcons are doing has and never will work. Glorified Run and Shoot loserville football. 

17 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

This is why KC wont make it again this year. When are Falcons organization going to quit making it so difficult to to do something so simple? William Andrews? Lynn Cain? Michael Turner? Jamal Anderson? Freeman and Coleman? We are only successful when we run. Get the o-line and run the ball, all else is irrelevant. You can have a 2nd tier defense like Atlanta has now if you run the ball. What made Seattle defense so great? Lynch pounding the rock keeping defense fresh and off the field. This chuck and duck the Falcons are doing has and never will work. Glorified Run and Shoot loserville football. 

Running the football don’t mean **** if the other team scores at will and forces you out of the run game....

See the 2010 Falcons GreenBay 3-3-5 no defense masacre

27 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Running the football don’t mean **** if the other team scores at will and forces you out of the run game....

See the 2010 Falcons GreenBay 3-3-5 no defense masacre

•  Down 16 points with 5 minutes left in the 3rd, the Texans ran the ball 17 times to come from behind and win.

•  Similar results when the Patriots were down 28-3.

•  Edwards helps Bills overcome 26-0 deficit late in the first half. He led the charge by gaining 129 yards on the ground and scored 3 second half rushing TD’s  as the Bills posted the second best comeback ever in regular season.

•  Down 28-3, the Browns rush for 185 yards in route to the largest road comeback in NFL history behind QB Hoyer

Being down two scores should in no way alter your game plan and make you one dimensional

47 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Chuck and duck is what the Patriots have been doing a lot of lately wheather it’s short passes or screens.If anything it tells me you need a multi faceted RB as your RB1 or have a dynamic duo like we did in 16.

46 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You have to have a disciplined oline to run the football :shrug: that starts and ends with coaching 

Agree..

Bill's are perfect example of that yesterday. 

Great R.Bs , Great Coach, Great Q.B , Elite defense.

But, pathetic offensive line made boneheaded penlaties and failed to seal key blocks in last 2 mins of the game.

Trenches win Lombardis. Period! 

Go back and look at the years the Patriots won the SB, they ranked pretty well in Team rushing. I think they were 5th in the league last year at running the football. And I also think if you go back and look at their SB years they either had a top tier defense or a top tier running game or both. So yes Brady chuck and ducks but they also do a good job of running the ball as well. Falcons do not. Falcons are notorious for being pizz poor at running the rock. How many times have Falcons lost a game in the last 20 years due to their inability to gain 1 yard. Falcon need to make running the football priority number one. 

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Chuck and duck is what the Patriots have been doing a lot of lately wheather it’s short passes or screens.If anything it tells me you need a multi faceted RB as your RB1 or have a dynamic duo like we did in 16.

If you have a great scheme for your personell and can coach it up, you can win a title in any system.  

I prefer a system that plays defense and has a 58-42 pass/run ratio.  

3 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Agree..

Bill's are perfect example of that yesterday. 

Great R.Bs , Great Coach, Great Q.B , Elite defense.

But, pathetic offensive line made boneheaded penlaties and failed to seal key blocks in last 2 mins of the game.

Trenches win Lombardis. Period! 

It was awesome to see so many Titan linemen running down the field to get blocks for Henry yesterday.. Thats my kind of football, always has been.. Our olineman cant get past most DLinemen to even block down field. We have so much we can improve on to be a good team, the question is why have we not done it? 

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

It was awesome to see so many Titan linemen running down the field to get blocks for Henry yesterday.. Thats my kind of football, always has been.. Our olineman cant get past most DLinemen to even block down field. We have so much we can improve on to be a good team, the question is why have we not done it? 

There may be a conspiracy behind this....not sure. 

Seriously,  how many times everyone has addressed this elephant in the room and it's been acknowledged by the management.

And, when draft time comes...they go ape **** on us.

Totally screw us over with some dumbest offseason moves.

Should have never retained Beasley and should cut Freeman after Superbowl 51.

12 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Patriots went to back-to-back SB’s despite have the 20th & 32nd ranked run game (Yards). So you are correct

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

But you need a QB that make plays to win. If you don’t have that you aren’t winning a Super Bowl unless you have a historic defense with a great running game 

I still and always will believe your DLinemen can make your secondary look really good or really bad.. But imo it starts at the line

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

But you need a QB that make plays to win. If you don’t have that you aren’t winning a Super Bowl unless you have a historic defense with a great running game 

Yup...

People are falling in love with Titans OL today but ignore that they allowed 56 sacks and graded out as the worst in pass pro amongst all 32 teams

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Yup...

People are falling in love with Titans OL today but ignore that they allowed 56 sacks and graded out as the worst in pass pro amongst all 32 teams

But Tannehill has never been an amazing passer.. Titans are a smash mouth run team and imo its smart they exploit thier strength on other teams.. Ive always loved run first teams, I don't get caught up in the passing game hype or excitement 

18 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Can anyone say Bill Callahan? Pretty please

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. You dont need a rock star QB to win a Lombardi, you need a QB who doesnt make mistakes, a o-line with manhood that can give you push and a defensive unit that actually plays physical and hits people and brings fear. We have none of these. THIS is why we fail. We have all of our money tied up in QB and WR and have 3rd rate o-line, 2nd rate d-line, and a bunch of pansies at LB. No one in NFL fears Falcons defense are you kidding me. 

Edited by Refried Beans

16 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

But Tannehill has never been an amazing passer.. Titans are a smash mouth run team and imo its smart they exploit thier strength on other teams.. Ive always loved run first teams, I don't get caught up in the passing game hype or excitement 

For me it’s not so much being a run first team.  I certainly don’t want to see us run 55% of the time.  What I’d like to see is an offense that has a seamless marriage between the run & pass.  A team capable of winning Week 1 by running for 225 yards and winning Week 2 by passing for 400 yards.

When the threat of both is real, PA becomes lethal...you also protect your OL and ultimately play the game on your terms

53 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

•  Down 16 points with 5 minutes left in the 3rd, the Texans ran the ball 17 times to come from behind and win.

•  Similar results when the Patriots were down 28-3.

•  Edwards helps Bills overcome 26-0 deficit late in the first half. He led the charge by gaining 129 yards on the ground and scored 3 second half rushing TD’s  as the Bills posted the second best comeback ever in regular season.

•  Down 28-3, the Browns rush for 185 yards in route to the largest road comeback in NFL history behind QB Hoyer

Being down two scores should in no way alter your game plan and make you one dimensional

They ran 12 times, 5 of those being scrambles that were originally pass plays. Stop with your ********.