Jump to content

I want Derrick Henry on this team!!!


E. T.
 Share

Recommended Posts

Or somebody comparable to him! Nothing helps your offense more than a BIG bruiser with some speed might I add. We've been missing that element for sometime. 

Some will say Ollison is our bruiser..... NO, not even in the same ballpark. We need to get back to old school smashmouth running that wears down defenses and controls the clock!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, caponine said:

Played om the exact same team too. I remember watching him at Bama when he was playing and just running over everybody. I was kinda hoping for him before 

All I know is that if Quinn wants this run game fixed, this is the way to go. And keep building up that oline.

I'm so tired of the Falcons not fixing the obvious!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, caponine said:

Played om the exact same team too. I remember watching him at Bama when he was playing and just running over everybody. I was kinda hoping for him before 

All I know is that if Quinn wants this run game fixed, this is the way to go. And keep building up that oline.

I'm so tired of the Falcons not fixing the obvious!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, caponine said:

Scarborough would have been perfect , he could have developed then become our starter. 

Scarborough doesn't have quite the vision and speed that Henry has (Henry is faster than you think), but he is the best RB on the Lions right now. They spent a 2nd round pick on Kerryon Johnson only to get a better back through FA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scarbrough was drafted by Dallas in the 7th round in 2018, they eventually released him in Oct. 2018 and Jacksonville signed him and released him two months later where then he ended up in Seattle where he got released again at the end of the preseason.  Detroit signed him in November after Kerryon Johnson went down for the season in October. He's played in six games rushing for a total of 377 yards on 89 carries (4.2 Yards/Carry) and one TD. He has caught only one pass on four targets for 5 yards. He is still with Detroit. 

Some could say he's a clone of Derrick Henry but he's actually two inches shorter, weighs about the same but is not nearly as quick and explosive as Henry,  and his stride is longer and he lacks the vision that Henry has.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Scarborough doesn't have quite the vision and speed that Henry has (Henry is faster than you think), but he is the best RB on the Lions right now. They spent a 2nd round pick on Kerryon Johnson only to get a better back through FA

If he can continue working on that aspect , the vision part , he will be a good player. And agreed Kerryon never really impressed me with the Lions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Najee Harris

We'll find out if he's going into the NFL by Jan. 20th. I think Saban has told him that he'll likely drop since the draft is riddled with RB's like JK Dobbins, Jonathan Taylor and Travis Etienne and has encouraged him to play his senior season to 'move up the ladder' as a potential first round RB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, VTCrunkler said:

We need a bruising o line to open up some holes and a coach to scheme it up. 

Any online can be good if the scheme is right. Not sure what they were running this year but the line looked confused more often than not. It isn't like the Titans have 5 all pros starting on their line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

We need a bruising o line to open up some holes and a coach to scheme it up. 

We need a defense too that will get three and outs so that bruising o-line and bruiser RB will possess the ball about 45-50 minutes/game. 

Edited by falconfansince66
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Any online can be good if the scheme is right. Not sure what they were running this year but the line looked confused more often than not. It isn't like the Titans have 5 all pros starting on their line.

So you’re saying it’s more a function of Henry?  People just can’t or won’t get him down. We had successes with the ZBS. Would love to go back to that. Takes pressure off line. We def need a good o line coach. I think that will solve some of the confusion. But to be fair there were 3 new memebers to the line. They need time to gel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...