Pre-Senior Bowl Offseason

Cuts:

*Post June 1st cuts are not available on OTC.com right now, due to the CBA expiring. These savings are Pre-June 1st numbers. 

- OL Ty Sambrailo (3.75 million in cap savings)

- DL Allen Bailey (4.5 million in cap savings)

- RB Devonta Freeman (3.5 million in savings. I believe his Post-June 1st savings number is 6.5 million. Don't quote me. Can't remember exactly.)

* This Offseason doesn't include cutting Alex Mack, but cutting him would be 8 million in cap savings. 

* Our projected cap after the Jarrett and Ryan restructure was 12 million. After these cuts, the cap room goes up to 23.75 million. Not the cap **** we all imagined lol. It would be 31.75 million if you add in Mack, and 33.75 if we Post-June 1st cut Schaub. He is our best backup, so we need him as of now. 

Notable FA letting walk:

- DE Vic Beasley - I'd rather lose his 4-8 sacks than she'll out 10+ million and have him disappear most of the 2020 season after he gets paid. 

- WR Justin Hardy - Never made drastic improvements during his tenure here. He would be the 5th WR at best anyways. Would rather us spend a mid round pick on a guy who could blossom. 

- OLB De'Vondre Campbell - Nice production, but could be replaced. Oluokun isn't far off from him, and we can get a mid round LB or vet to replace him.

- P Matt Bosher - I will miss his passion, but Ryan Allen simply has a stronger leg, and is younger. 

- OL Wes Schweitzer - I have us getting a mid round LG. Not realistic to cut Brown or Carpenter this off-season, when the savings will be essentially non-existent. 

Notable Players Re-Signed/Tendered:

- TE Austin Hooper - We can't let go of a young, pro bowl caliber TE that has great chemistry with Matt. He's the 3rd option in this passing offense.

- RS Kenjon Barner - It was nice getting production from this spot, after lacking in this spot for years. 

- K Younghoe Koo - A young K that blew everyone's expectations away when he signed. I hope he can be here the next decade plus. I'd be Koo with that. Sorry lol. 

- RB Brian Hill - He is a solid backup to Ito and a draft pick that we will get to later. 

- P Ryan Allen - Young Punter with a powerful leg, and was able to stay healthier than Bosher as of late. Simple as that. 

- DT Tyeler Davidson - If he wants too much, then let him walk. Otherwise, he is a solid rotational piece to have on the squad.  

- LB Kemal Ishmael - Solid depth piece, especially with out lack of LB depth. 

Notable FA Signings:

- DE Michael Bennett - He will turn 35 in November, but is coming off a 6.5 sack and 14 TFL season(14 TFL would have led the team). We also NEED veteran leaders who can light a fire under their teammates. Bennett is that guy, while also coming cheap and having a great relationship aitch Quinn.  

- DE Bruce Irvin - Another NEEDED veteran who loves Quinn.  Is turning 33 in November. Had 8.5 sacks last year in only 13 games. Would have led the team. 

- LB Deone Bucannon - Very cheap LB depth that would also give us an emergency backup to KeKe as an in the box ONLY SS. 

Draft:

*TRADE* Atlanta trades back to the end of the 1st, and picks up an extra 3rd and 4th, as a 2nd is somewhat unlikely. Old trade value chart is kinda outdated. At least the values are not as closely followed as in the past. 

1) With their 1st round pick, the Atlanta Falcons select... 

Darrell Taylor EDGE Tennessee - Many may not know who this is, as he has flown CRIMINALLY under the radar. A few weeks ago I started watching his tape, and reading his scouting report, and he is going to be the draft seasons Biggest Riser, IMO. He will be in the Senior Bowl, and will get a chance to showcase his elite pass rushing tools. He is also expected to blow up at the combine. He's currently listed as someone who is supposed to go 2nd-4th round, but slowly, people are starting to notice him. He will be a lock for a top 50 pick come April, and wouldn't surprise me if we have to stay at 18 to get him. 

Strengths:

- Elite bend on the edge

- Turns speed into power with ease

- Chiseled frame and prototypical edge rusher size at 6'4" 255 lbs. 

- flexible hips

- knows how to use his shoulders and hands to manipulate his rush off the edge. 

- powerful and quick first step

- Has tremendous IQ for the position.  

- lateral quickness

- crazy length

- after watching film and reading scouting reports, I'd out him as the 2md best edge rusher in the draft, after only Chase Young.

McShay: Best player on either team in his bowl game vs. Indiana.  Ended up dominating that game. 

- 16.5 sacks the last 2 years in the SEC, to pair with 21 TFL in that same 2 year span. 6 career FF and 4 career FR. 4 PD this past season.  

- has gotten production from standing up, or with his hand in the dirt. 

- former HS basketball star. 

- got into a fight with teammate OL Trey Adams a couple years ago and Adams needed stitches after Taylor kicked him in the head. He has since eliminated those character concerns, as he is the Vols most passionate leader, and was voted his teams Captain.  He is a flat out dog and wardaddy off the edge. Whether he goes 1st or 2nd,or whenever, I'll put A LOT of money that he will be a very productive NFL edge rusher.  We need him.  He's got hidden top 10 talent, and we can get him at 16 or later. 

He's the definition of thisbyears STEAL of the draft. Can't wait to see him in drills at the Senior Bowl. 

***If he was a lock to be there with our 2nd, I would have drafted C Tyler Biadasz to play LG this year, and be the eventual replacement to Mack.***

2) Raekwon Davis DT Alabama - I think his production will keep him out of the 1st, but we get another old school wardaddy on the DL with our 2nd round pick. Davis is an absolute monster in the run game, and coaching could turn him into a decent pass rusher with that size and athleticism.  Our 2md straight pick of a player with swagger and toughness. We needed these 2 players on the DL. 

2) AJ Terrell CB Clemson - Terrell is a tall, lengthy CB who excels in press and man coverage. He and (hopefully) Oliver can be our boundary CBs of the future, so we can get out from under that Trufant contract next year, if feasible. 

3) Cam Akers RB FSU - We need a 3rd RB to share the load with Hill and Ito. Akers is a versatile RB that can simply do everything required of today's NFL RB.  

3) KJ Hill WR Ohio State - here we have a replacement for Hardy, and Hill is talented enough to be the #3 from day 1, while also hopefully giving us a long term #2 after Julio retires. Hill has great hands, is dangerous with the ball in his hands, and runs great routes. All you can ask for out of a rookie WR. 

4) Ben Bredeson LG Michigan - Here we get a LG that can compete with the failed contracts of Brown and Carpenter. He's a great overall LG and is said to be solid at the POA. 

4) Chazz Surratt LB UNC - Surratt is a do it all LB that is still somewhat raw. He can blitz up the middle, off the edge, get in the backfield, and can drop into coverage. 

5) Reggie Floyd S Virginia Tech - Floyd has been solid in run support, while also flashing potential in the passing game. Here we get a young S with potential to be the backup to Neal, Rico, or Kazee. 

7) Michael Ojemudia CB Iowa - Another Long CB that has most of his NFL potential as a press or man coverage CB.  

If you are hating this draft for only the selection of Darrell Taylor, then I suggest you do some research.  Many scouts are projecting him to REALLY rise this draft season, and I kid you not, he has ALL the physical and leadership tools of a future star of the edge.

Edited by LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

Liked your offseason moves/signings, thought everything was good until you picked Darrell Taylor with the Falcons' first pick. He projects as a Vic Beasley that has a slower reaction time. I'd consider him in the third round right now.  Let's see how he does in the Senior Bowl and during the combine if that's to change but right now I'd take Epenesa or Gross-Matos at our current first pick or attempt to trade down and shoot for Terrell Lewis. The rest of your draft picks look pretty solid.  I personally would like to grab one of the more elite RB's in the second round rather than wait until the 3rd round. I think Swift will go mid-late first round and then we likely have either Taylor-Dobbins or even Najee Harris (if he declares by Jan 20th) to choose from with our second pick, maybe one of them drops to our third pick but that may be doubtful. 

2 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Darrell Taylor in the first round is not the move.  He’ll be there in the 3rd.  If we really want him we can take him with our 2nd 2nd round pick.  

I think when it's all said and done, that he will end up going before our 1st 2nd round pick. I pointed out that he is looked at as a 2nd-3rd or 4th rounder right now. After the senior Bowl and combine, I believe that changes. I could be completely wrong, and I would be trendiest to admit it. That's why I said if he ends up not moving his draft stock really, that I would take Tyler Biadasz in the 1st(assuming Kinlaw and Epenesa are gone), and play him at LG while we get one more year out of Mack.  I just think Taylor is going to be a stud. Like I said, I could be completely wrong. His interview skills are not good, and his non-football IQ seems poor, so maybe he's a player that won't pan out. 

7 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

I think when it's all said and done, that he will end up going before our 1st 2nd round pick. I pointed out that he is looked at as a 2nd-3rd or 4th rounder right now. After the senior Bowl and combine, I believe that changes. I could be completely wrong, and I would be trendiest to admit it. That's why I said if he ends up not moving his draft stock really, that I would take Tyler Biadasz in the 1st(assuming Kinlaw and Epenesa are gone), and play him at LG while we get one more year out of Mack.  I just think Taylor is going to be a stud. Like I said, I could be completely wrong. His interview skills are not good, and his non-football IQ seems poor, so maybe he's a player that won't pan out. 

I only say this because I like taylor.  He’s in my draft plans as well, but I only see him going as high as late 2nd if there’s a run on edge rushers.  I love his versatility though.  He drops back in coverage with ease.

We won’t sign Bennett. He’s not what they want in the locker room. People fail to realize that nothing DQ and Raheem have coaches Bennett and he’s not been brought in after all of the opportunities they’ve had to pursue him. 

I also don’t believe Foye can replace Campbell. There is a huge size difference between the two that a lot of people seem to overlook. 

Edited by NWFALCON