Info for both restructures of Ryan and Grady are out now.

Jarrett restructured his contract in December of 2019, converting an additional $5 million in 2020 salary into a bonus. The move creates $3.66 million in cap room for the Falcons in 2020 while increasing Jarrett's cap charge by $1.83 million in the final two years of the contract.

Ryan restructured his contract at the end of the 2019 season to convert $12 million of 2020 salary into a bonus. The move creates $9.375 million in 2020 cap space while increasing Ryan's cap charges by $3.125 million in the final three years of the contract.

We're now at 11.3 mil cap space.

6 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Hopefully the same happens with Matthews and Julio soon. Give Mack a 2 year extension to lower his cap hit as well. Should have plenty of money at that point to re-sign Hooper 

Mathews yes,Julio no. Julio's cap hits are already pretty nuts. Mathews has some wiggle room. We just gotta get past this year and we're in pretty good shape. We have outs on lots of large contracts then.

35 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Mathews yes,Julio no. Julio's cap hits are already pretty nuts. Mathews has some wiggle room. We just gotta get past this year and we're in pretty good shape. We have outs on lots of large contracts then.

LMAO. There are only 25 players under contract in 2021 and you want to get rid of more?

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LMAO. There are only 25 players under contract in 2021 and you want to get rid of more?

It's the same ones you're wanting to get rid of this year for peanuts in your 'retooling plan'

You're wanting to cut the CB1 for 4 mil in savings. You're wanting to cut both safeties to save 10 mil total all while creating 20+ mil in dead money.

Wait til next year and you can actually save money instead of lose it.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

It's the same ones you're wanting to get rid of this year for peanuts in your 'retooling plan'

You're wanting to cut the CB1 for 4 mil in savings. You're wanting to cut both safeties to save 10 mil total all while creating 20+ mil in dead money.

Wait til next year and you can actually save money instead of lose it.

I'm wanting to cut them for roster spots so we can upgrade. Not just for cap space you clown.

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I'm wanting to cut them for roster spots so we can upgrade. Not just for cap space you clown.

You can upgrade without cutting them. Draft a CB better than Tru? Ok, that just moves Tru down and makes the rest of the secondary better. Draft a RB better than Free? Cool, now Free is one of the best 3rd down backs in the league. Cutting them for peanuts does nothing but make us worse. You dont have to get rid of somebody to upgrade you clown.

8 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You can upgrade without cutting them. Draft a CB better than Tru? Ok, that just moves Tru down and makes the rest of the secondary better. Draft a RB better than Free? Cool, now Free is one of the best 3rd down backs in the league. Cutting them for peanuts does nothing but make us worse. You dont have to get rid of somebody to upgrade you clown.

I didn't cut Tru. Free is a $3.5M cap savings on a cap constrained team and is in decline. Only one of the four safeties I cut has played significant snaps. He is about the most non play making safety in the National Football League and can certainly be upgraded. Especially with Anthony Harris. Any questions son?. 

9 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Free is awfully expensive for a third down back.....I think either he gets cut or his contract gets reworked.

I don't understand the hard on that people have for cutting Tru......he has been one of the better corners in the NFL since stepped foot in the league.

14 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I didn't cut Tru. Free is a $3.5M cap savings on a cap constrained team and is in decline. Only one of the four safeties I cut has played significant snaps. He is about the most non play making safety in the National Football League and can certainly be upgraded. Especially with Anthony Harris. Any questions son?. 

If we could get Anthony Harris I would actually be ok with releasing Rico and Neil. Ideally I’d like to keep Neil as I think he is a significant piece of our defencive structure but I get his injuries issues. A healthy Harris/Kazee/Neil is a good safety trio.