No Fuller, sacked 7 times, still carries his team

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Likely because Ryans defense just gave up 50.

Wait a minute....didn't Ryan practically win week 17 with the same type of situation?  Sacked 6 times, no Ridley, no running game, still carries his team to a victory?  

Of all the years I’ve been on this site, I haven’t seen as many attention seekers as I have the past 2 years. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Yeah, it’s crazy.  Def a lost discipline at times these days.  I expect game 2 to be better fundamentally  but I’m sure there’ll still be the ubiquitous “shoulder and arm tackles“  .  Guess at this level they quit preaching square up and wrap up.   

Tackling in the Titans Pats game is moons better than the last crap.

Even on that TD run in by Henry the LBer came up and laid his shoulder in first but it stopped and slowed his momentum.

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Watson’s a big time player.

But the tackling in the NFL in general is absolutely pathetic.

For such a physical game a way to show this physicality is good solid tackling all I see watching these games is a bunch of padded athletic freaks who arm grab and tackle like *******.

I get what you're saying and it is true. But with the smothering type penalties that we're seeing these days, it's almost all the're allowed is to grab. You wrap a guy up and pound him to the ground and out come the kindergarten playground cops throwing the flags.It'll be flag football in the near future. 

56 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Tackling in the Titans Pats game is moons better than the last crap.

Even on that TD run in by Henry the LBer came up and laid his shoulder in first but it stopped and slowed his momentum.

Yeah it is.  I figd that BB and Vrabel would have their squads playing much sounder football on D.  I may be giving those guys too much credit but their attention to  fundamental details seem to always stand out.  

36 minutes ago, Chaz said:

I get what you're saying and it is true. But with the smothering type penalties that we're seeing these days, it's almost all the're allowed is to grab. You wrap a guy up and pound him to the ground and out come the kindergarten playground cops throwing the flags.It'll be flag football in the near future. 

I think what I’m really getting at is instead of arm first go with your shoulder instead and your arms will follow that’s the technique thing that’s getting lost in translation.

5 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Yeah it is.  I figd that BB and Vrabel would have their squads playing much sounder football on D.  I may be giving those guys too much credit but their attention to  fundamental details seem to always stand out.  

Your dead right everyone does there job and fundamentals are key to that.

Spot on it just looks like a more well coached game than the first one.

The difference in this game is the Titans are hoping behind the Henry ground and pound there going to wear the Pats down.The Pats counter is to force Henry back inside.

For me Tannerhill just needs to make a few PA passes to ice it as the Pats are all in on limiting Henry.

Titans punter is money he’s buried the Pats deep everytime.

28 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Your dead right everyone does there job and fundamentals are key to that.

Spot on it just looks like a more well coached game than the first one.

The difference in this game is the Titans are hoping behind the Henry ground and pound there going to wear the Pats down.The Pats counter is to force Henry back inside.

For me Tannerhill just needs to make a few PA passes to ice it as the Pats are all in on limiting Henry.

Titans punter is money he’s buried the Pats deep everytime.

Tannehill did enough, made a cpl key plays to extend drives. Henry is a beast and that dang punter is an even bigger beast.  Fine example of old school football still being relevant and to your point the key to it all was that to a man almost they executed at high level.  I enjoyed this game as much as any lately.  

1 hour ago, cblack said:

Ryan would have been sacked 10+ times because he can't move.

Honestly I know some people have an unnatural hatred of all things Ryan however no way Ryan takes half those sacks Watson took. Ryan knows his routes and knows his hot reads a lot better than Watson. FTR I love Watson (he’s my favourite QB) but he holds the ball way too long. That being said that play to avoid the double tackle was pure Watson magic. Ryan doesn’t make that play for sure but he probably would have already dumped it to his hot read. Just try to keep it real that’s all I’m asking