Day two target: Kenny Wilekes

We could certainly do worse than Wilekes!!!  I figure Chuck Smith knows a lot more than me, and if he says he'd be an excellent fit for The Falcons, I have no problem with that. 
Don't know if he has any comparisons, yet....but, in the videos I've seen, he looks a little Luke Keuchley-ish to me... :) 

14 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

We could certainly do worse than Wilekes!!!  I figure Chuck Smith knows a lot more than me, and if he says he'd be an excellent fit for The Falcons, I have no problem with that. 
Don't know if he has any comparisons, yet....but, in the videos I've seen, he looks a little Luke Keuchley-ish to me... :) 

Reminds me of Brooks Reed a little.

15 minutes ago, Vandy said:

The key for Hurst is to stay healthy. This is why we traded for him:

I called this trade *sort of* last year. Said if we.were nt keeping Hoop we should trade him and use the capital to trade for Hurst. He was rumored to be on the block last year. Im a really big fan

2 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

No. I said that EVEN IF Hurst is a good TE, he is still just a TE. No matter how good he is, he will still be no better than a third target. An impactful edge defender, a replacement for Mack at C, a strong CB, one of the deep talent pool of DT--- any of these would be more important to overall team success than a third target receiver. A FB or a bottom-run FA or XFL'er would be adequate.

As it stands, we have one potential star defender or lineman, or possibly even a RB to pair with a #3 option AT BEST in pass routes behind Jones and Ridley, possibly #4 behind Gage. Heck, Treadwell may conceivably get his act together, and he didn't cost us a draft pick. We COULD HAVE had 2 potential second rounders at more important, more impactful positions.

If Hurst catches for 800 yards, so what? If not him, then someone else could have had similar production. Hurst was nothing consistently special as a pass catcher in Baltimore. Not only did Mark Andrews have more receptions, the blocking TE ALSO caught more passes than Hurst.

You show an ignorance of the importance of tightends. You cant just simply throw out a rando m guy to replace Hooper s production.

also Boyle isnt just a great blocking tightend. Hes a reliable posessiom guy that has been on that team for 6 years. He had 31 catches to Hurst's 30. Hurst had  more yardage. You keep saying hes a.3rd string TE. Reality is Andrews is TE.1 and Boyle/Hurst are 2a and 2b.

And heres the proof to this point.

te1 Mark Andrews played 457 snaps

te 2a   Nick Boyle played 769 snaps

TE.2b Hayden Hurst played 457 snaps.

On 3/28/2020 at 10:52 PM, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

You show an ignorance of the importance of tightends. You cant just simply throw out a rando m guy to replace Hooper s production.

also Boyle isnt just a great blocking tightend. Hes a reliable posessiom guy that has been on that team for 6 years. He had 31 catches to Hurst's 30. Hurst had  more yardage. You keep saying hes a.3rd string TE. Reality is Andrews is TE.1 and Boyle/Hurst are 2a and 2b.

And heres the proof to this point.

te1 Mark Andrews played 457 snaps

te 2a   Nick Boyle played 769 snaps

TE.2b Hayden Hurst played 457 snaps.

Edited by Roanoke Falcon
Deleted.
8 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I called this trade *sort of* last year. Said if we.were nt keeping Hoop we should trade him and use the capital to trade for Hurst. He was rumored to be on the block last year. Im a really big fan

I remember you wanting him in the draft.

23 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

This post is too stupid and baseless to give any more of a response than this dismissal.

That means you can't continue because your argument has been shot to **** bud;)

In your world Nick Boyle is te.1 because he played 769 snaps. Andrews and Hurst both had the same snaps therefore Hurst is clearly TE 3

Well then the 3rd TE had all of one less reception, but had more yardage that Nick Boyle, despite playing 300 fewer snaps, which again was the same total as Andrews. 

not sure why you think he is TE3. He clearly has 2nd most targets per snap and it's not close.