2020 MLB Season Thread

4 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Benches did clear later on. 

Astros have been getting drilled pretty regularly. 

Dodgers have the most incentive.  Astros are getting off by having no fans to continually boo and heckle them. 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The circumstances suck but given how they acted in the playoffs last year.......they can suck it.

When I first heard about the runner on second rule I absolutely hated it but now that I've seen it in action for a number of games I actually like it. It adds instant drama and excitement to the game.

The Indians beat the Royals 10-1. The Braves beat the Red Sox 10-3. The Tigers beat the Brewers 12-1. The Cardinals beat the Reds 16-2. The Giants are beating the Rockies 23-4.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Phillies once again had 0 positive. They'll play a doubleheader Saturday. 

Marlins added 1 more positive. Up to 16 players, 3 members of their pitching staff. They're searching for guys who can eat some innings for them. 

More good news here.

27 minutes ago, dmite said:

1 or a few Marlin players supposedly partied it up in Atlanta after the exhibition games before they flew to Philadelphia. 

https://fansided.com/2020/07/29/miami-marlins-party-covid-19-outbreak/

Like I keep saying, this is good news. All of it is good news. It means the protocols put in place are working. Follow the protocols and you don't get sick. Don't follow the protocols you get sick. It's as simple as that. The NFL can look at the MLB's protocols and see that it's working.

MLB and the union have agreed to give disciplinary power to Manfred for sign stealing. The league has contracted a security firm to monitor video rooms. They will also have unique angles that block out signs from in game footage available to teams. No teams are allowed to have cameras in the stands.. Manfred will have the authority to suspend anyone involved for an indefinite amount of time and he can also ban them from being paid and receiving service time during their suspension. 

9 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Like I keep saying, this is good news. All of it is good news. It means the protocols put in place are working. Follow the protocols and you don't get sick. Don't follow the protocols you get sick. It's as simple as that. The NFL can look at the MLB's protocols and see that it's working.

If not done already, there needs to be strict punishment for someone breaking the protocol.  If it is known that they broke a protocol up front, a 10 day quarantine is sufficient.  If they hide that they broke it, then something must more drastic has to be done such as 1 month suspension or removal from the season.  It’s serious and it needs to be treated that way. 

Two Phillies staff members are positive. Still no players but they've shut down workouts for now.

MLB is working with the Marlins to grant them a rule exception. They only have 23 healthy players on their 40 man. They need at least 7 more to fill out their MLB roster. 

LOL!!! Gabe Kapler just made a fool of himself yet again!! Sent his pitching coach to the mound to buy time for a reliever to get up and then tried to make the pitching change but that's now illegal. LOL!! So funny how he always makes a fool outta himself.

Cardinals have positive players. Their game today is postponed as players self isolate in their hotel. Players are being told if the rest come back negative they'll play tomorrow. Potentially the first of the new 7 inning doubleheader. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Cardinals have positive players. Their game today is postponed as players self isolate in their hotel. Players are being told if the rest come back negative they'll play tomorrow. Potentially the first of the new 7 inning doubleheader. 

2 positives for STL. MLB still plans to have them play tomorrow. Doubleheader Sunday. 

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

This is not good news. I had been so encouraged that it had only been the Marlins and we knew they got it from going out partying. Extremely disappointing news.

11 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

This is not good news. I had been so encouraged that it had only been the Marlins and we knew they got it from going out partying. Extremely disappointing news.

Yeah, this is looking increasingly more difficult to pull off by the day. We've played 7 games and 3 teams have already had to quarantine with one losing 60% of its roster. Baseball is at such a disadvantage. As someone pointed out, NFL will have to travel one day and go home. MLB teams are hitting the airport two or three times a week and seeing multiple cities. Maybe if this continues the league should just try to do what the NHL is doing. Have a playoff tournament maybe format it like the College World Series or something. Its looking harder to make it through 60.

Theres only so much reconfiguring the league can do. If players aren't following protocol like Miami reportedly wasn't its a problem. At some point for the safety of everyone you just have to say enough. Thats why I say maybe just do a playoff tournament like the NHL and be done with it. Its not been smooth so far.