2020 MLB Season Thread

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In other words...   "Screw you guys,  I'm going home!"

The circumstances suck but given how they acted in the playoffs last year.......they can suck it.

Posted Images

• 6 months later...
3 minutes ago, jidady said:

There are going to be great pitchers who have ERAs of 6+ because of one or two bad starts. Smaller sample sizes are brutal for this stuff.

Oh yeah, especially the bullpen. You could have a great year and still carry a 4 or 5 ERA from 1 or 2 bad games. 

43 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Oh yeah, especially the bullpen. You could have a great year and still carry a 4 or 5 ERA from 1 or 2 bad games. 

Man, I hadn't even considered that. Guys will get 20-30 appearances. If you give up 4 runs without recording an out, it's a deathblow to your baseball card next year.

Has Karl Ravech lived in a box the last couple of years when Gabe Kapler was managing the Phillies? He's acting so stunned that Kapler has made a crap load of pitching changes tonight. Dave Roberts likes to really use the bullpen too. Can't wait for the Giants to play the Astros. Can you even begin to imagine the number of pitching changes that's gonna happen? I still remember a few years ago when Dusty Baker used like 10 pitchers at the end of the season after the Nationals had already clinched the playoffs.