Neutral Kaleb McGary Reviewer on Twitter

Ergo Proxy

23 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Oh yes. And that time when several on this very board called TD an idiot for drafting someone with a “life threatening heart condition.” 

And many people still wanted someone like Montez Sweat with our first pick; yet it was circulating at the time of the draft more on Sweat rather than McGary.

Of course, that’s likely why people overreacted when Kaleb showed signs of needing another procedure near the end of TC. A setback, but so far he is doing well. Only missed snaps from the knee injury vs PHI before coming back late in the game.

This year, with a full pro level offseason and hopefully getting some meaningful preseason snaps it will help set him and Lindstrom up for a great Year 2. Get a run game out of this offense and these guys will slow down those rushers at minimum; even discounting technique/consistency improving.

4 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Would be A LOT better if we ran more than 30% of the time. Opposing DEs can pin their ears back against us based on nothing else but run:pass ratio.

Thankfully, we played with more leads after the Bye, but a successful ground game is essential vs some teams based on your matchup week to week; where as passing more could be the better gameplan to open a game.

Regardless, definitely when trying to control TOP with a lead...you have to be able to run the ball efficiently at minimum.

8 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Hope we do it every year.  Those 3rd round picks are overrated

You can’t lead the NFL in sacks allowed, one per game, and say he was the best rookie OT.  I’ll take Taylor and keep the 3rd round pick every single time.

How would we have gotten Taylor?

Pretty sure we would have it it had been a possibility

11 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Hope we do it every year.  Those 3rd round picks are overrated

You can’t lead the NFL in sacks allowed, one per game, and say he was the best rookie OT.  I’ll take Taylor and keep the 3rd round pick every single time.

Any rookie is going to give up sacks when you (a) pass more than anyone in the league and (b) don't have a guard that can pick up a guy that moves back to the inside after working you wide.

1 minute ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Any rookie is going to give up sacks when you (a) pass more than anyone in the league and (b) don't have a guard that can pick up a guy that moves back to the inside after working you wide.

True.  But to say he was the best rookie tackle seems a bit much.  McGary is still a work in progress.  I think he will be very solid by year 3....but if I told you after the draft he would lead the NFL in sacks allowed, you’d say WTF

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

True.  But to say he was the best rookie tackle seems a bit much.  McGary is still a work in progress.  I think he will be very solid by year 3....but if I told you after the draft he would lead the NFL in sacks allowed, you’d say WTF

I think you can argue that he was the best in the run, given the small sample size. But he has a way to go in pass pro but having Lindstrom beside him will help a ton. I expect a pro bowl calibre sophomore campaign. 

As youve said we need to bring in anyone but Morgan.

By forcing them at gunpoint to trade with you, and telling them your not going to overpay? Too bad it doesn't work that way

Who knows, McGary could have fallen to us.  I hate TD tunnel vision in the 1st round.  Like he did with Trufant, dude falls in love with players at the top of the draft and wastes draft capital to get “his” guy

I think you can argue that he was the best in the run, given the small sample size. But he has a way to go in pass pro but having Lindstrom beside him will help a ton. I expect a pro bowl calibre sophomore campaign. 

As youve said we need to bring in anyone but Morgan.

He played to his draft profile.  Moving forward he is a beast (that’s why I like him at guard). But he lacks finesse and struggles to mirror edge rushers

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Unless you also told me we would lead the league is pass attempts and then I'd say KOETTER!!! You *******

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Who knows, McGary could have fallen to us.  I hate TD tunnel vision in the 1st round.  Like he did with Trufant, dude falls in love with players at the top of the draft and wastes draft capital to get “his” guy

I can't disagree. also falling in love with Takk.  It's like he just HAS to have Pacific North guysHopefully we stay put this year. If we felt we HAD to draft a ST why did we sign sombrero? It wasn't to catch passes. Oh wait

Just now, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I can't disagree. also falling in love with Takk.  It's like he just HAS to have Pacific North guysHopefully we stay put this year. If we felt we HAD to draft a ST why did we sign sombrero? It wasn't to catch passes. Oh wait

Exactly.  We still have no clue if Ty was even serviceable.  Looked good at TE, though

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

It’s a fair point.   I don’t buy it completely, but out offensive style certainly played against Kaleb’s natural strengths

It allows the defense to pin their ears back and rush without thought. Add to that he was always against the other team's best pass rusher and you can temper your expectations.