Duke Riley - Eagles Special Teams Captain

4 hours ago, athell said:

And another player thriving in a city not named Atlanta...good to see him thriving under competent coaching.  Reminder we gave up Duke and a 6th for Jonathan Cyprien and a 7th.

The former Falcons linebacker participated on 74-percent of the special teams snaps last week against the Giants and has been in on 56-percent of the special-teams snaps for the year. He’s also made some nice tackles in run support for the league’s third-stingiest rush defense.

According to The Athletic’s Bo Wulf, Riley was recently awarded the title of team captain and takes over the role vacated by Kamu Grugier-Hill who was placed on IR on Dec. 18. While Riley doesn’t yet have the official “C” stitched into his jersey, he’s earned the right to demand more from his teammates.

Eagles head coach Doug Pederson made it known in a very public manner during a recent meeting. It was a memorable moment for the 25-year-old.

“Doug Pederson said it front of the whole team, and everybody was just clapping and applauding me,” Riley told Wulf. “I’m more honored than anything that they would even do that for a guy like me. I’ve always worked and tried to lead by example, so it’s good that they see that, that I’m doing that and trying to lead.”

I just threw up a lil in my mouth.  Duke solid in run support?  WTF

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good for him... he's a over glorified gunner...Dude trash. So glad he's not our frustration anymore.

I wouldn’t necessarily consider that thriving. I’ll continue to believe he sucks until he cracks a full time starting job and actually makes a meaningful contribution 

He was doing a lot better in run support before the trade. I wouldn’t say he’s thriving. He’s exactly what he was here except they got him for a 6th and we got him for a 3rd. 

LOL at anyone thinking this means he is Suddenly good or we got “Troffed” in a trade. 

he played in 56% of their ST snaps, and got an unofficial ST captain designation after the real ST captain got hurt a couple weeks ago. Seems like an “attaboy” for him for their one and done playoff game coming up. Not to mention never heard of the real ST captain either.

Still glad he is gone. Still would rather have Cyprien, too bad he continued to be injured.

19 hours ago, athell said:

And another player thriving in a city not named Atlanta...good to see him thriving under competent coaching.  Reminder we gave up Duke and a 6th for Jonathan Cyprien and a 7th.

The former Falcons linebacker participated on 74-percent of the special teams snaps last week against the Giants and has been in on 56-percent of the special-teams snaps for the year. He’s also made some nice tackles in run support for the league’s third-stingiest rush defense.

According to The Athletic’s Bo Wulf, Riley was recently awarded the title of team captain and takes over the role vacated by Kamu Grugier-Hill who was placed on IR on Dec. 18. While Riley doesn’t yet have the official “C” stitched into his jersey, he’s earned the right to demand more from his teammates.

Eagles head coach Doug Pederson made it known in a very public manner during a recent meeting. It was a memorable moment for the 25-year-old.

“Doug Pederson said it front of the whole team, and everybody was just clapping and applauding me,” Riley told Wulf. “I’m more honored than anything that they would even do that for a guy like me. I’ve always worked and tried to lead by example, so it’s good that they see that, that I’m doing that and trying to lead.”

Sure all looks good when you are in the worst division of the league with some really pathetic players.

I bet, if Falcons were in that division our entire roster would go to probowl !! And meet Brady in Sueprbowl every other year.

6 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

LOL at anyone thinking this means he is Suddenly good or we got “Troffed” in a trade. 

he played in 56% of their ST snaps, and got an unofficial ST captain designation after the real ST captain got hurt a couple weeks ago. Seems like an “attaboy” for him for their one and done playoff game coming up. Not to mention never heard of the real ST captain either.

Still glad he is gone. Still would rather have Cyprien, too bad he continued to be injured.

This is the most TATF response ever

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I don’t think that’s the case. I think most of us really just didn’t care to lose Riley either way. Special teams ace can be found in every draft. Losing Riley wasn’t a huge deal at the time or now

Look up like 4 posts lol

And I'm not stanning for Riley, just that it amused me that he was doing well in Philly.

Just now, NWFALCON said:

At the time, it was worth it. We needed safety depth and Riley wasn’t getting a lot of playing time outside of ST 

If we are honest, Cyprien wasn't worth it.  Just like Richard wasn't worth it.  Although, Duke was traded early in the season huh?  When we were still "in it"?

20 hours ago, IamFRESCO1 said:

Good for him... he's a over glorified gunner...Dude trash. So glad he's not our frustration anymore.

He was actually coming around about the time the Falcons traded him.  Guess the Falcons figured to sell high but they came up on the short end of that stick...

Just now, athell said:

Look up like 4 posts lol

And I'm not stanning for Riley, just that it amused me that he was doing well in Philly.

If we are honest, Cyprien wasn't worth it.  Just like Richard wasn't worth it.  Although, Duke was traded early in the season huh?  When we were still "in it"?

He did well on special teams with the Falcons so it’s not that much of a surprise that he did the same in Philly. If gunners weren’t easily replaceable I could understand why people are actually making a big deal about it. Even people on twitter are making an issue of it. That in itself is amusing.

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

He did well on special teams with the Falcons so it’s not that much of a surprise that he did the same in Philly. If gunners weren’t easily replaceable I could understand why people are actually making a big deal about it. Even people on twitter are making an issue of it. That in itself is amusing.

No one is really making a big deal about it, at least here.  Just a post about a former Falcon making a name for himself.  This former Falcon just happens to be widely hated by the entire fanbase.

2 minutes ago, athell said:

No one is really making a big deal about it, at least here.  Just a post about a former Falcon making a name for himself.  This former Falcon just happens to be widely hated by the entire fanbase.

I meant put “especially  people on twitter”. I’ve skipped over most of these posts so I don’t really know who’s done what here. This new phone takes over my spelling. I ain’t got time to be correcting it every time :rant:

18 minutes ago, athell said:

Look up like 4 posts lol

They sat on their hands the previous season when our safeties got hurt. At least they made a move. But We will never know if Cyprien was worth It because he got hurt. Oh well