Yetur Gross-Matos

He's the pick. Espenesa will be gone, Chase Young will be gone, Derek brown will be gone, and Jevan Kinlaw will be gone. Tristan Wirfs will be gone. We will have to pick between Delpit or Gross-Matos and he is the pick. He is the next LT, he is what DQ envisioned VB was. He is VB with heart and passion for the game. Drop VB Pick Gross-Matos and lets win this thing. 

Edited by Refried Beans

The more to jump on the Gross-Matos train the merrier!

lets hope he is there at our pick. He had a great bowl game and will workout well. Gonna move up some draft boards IMO.

Beat PSU lineman since Tamba Hali. He has shown up in every big game. When he was out the defense suffered...even Rutgers had a nice day on offense when he was out.

17 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

I actually worry about his draft stock skyrocketing to where he gone.

It is very possible. Before the Penn State v Ohio State game they were saying some NFL guys love him and consider him a top 10 prospect. He is just scratching the surface of his potential. All the discussion on him before this season was how raw he still was to the nuances of playing DL, and he has grown a lot in year two starting at PSU. Dude has a relentless motor too.

His previously perceived slot of late 1, early 2 will be pipe dream. I actually ponder if once tape is on and they workout if there is any chance he jumps Epenesa. Hard to see, but who knows.

I like him a lot, not sure who I like more between him and Epenesa until I watch more (still early in draft season). Delpit is a lot more than just a heavy hitting safety though. He's got nutty range and ballhawking ability. Dude is big enough to man up on TEs too. Special player.

I've been on the YGM train since last year. It goes without saying I'm a big fan. I do think he's been slept on until this point and will undoubtedly rise post combine. He checks every box... Size, athleticism, production, good against the run & pass, non-stop motor, great kid off the field. I hope he's there when we pick.

2 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I like him a lot, not sure who I like more between him and Epenesa until I watch more (still early in draft season). Delpit is a lot more than just a heavy hitting safety though. He's got nutty range and ballhawking ability. Dude is big enough to man up on TEs too. Special player.

If the edge targets are gone, Delpit would be one heck of a consolation prize.

1 hour ago, Summerhill said:

By LT do you mean Lawrence Taylor? 

Cant be talking Lawrence Taylor now can he??

His size at 6-5 264 would be perfect. 35 TFL and 17.5 sacks certainly shows production in that regard, but  ZERO pass defensed  for full 3 years ? Is that even possible at that height and a supposed indicator of pass rush effectiveness?

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

Both him and Winfield. I’ve been a fan of Winfield for months now.

I like what I see in Winfield too.  To me hooks a lot like Honey Badger did for LSU. Great ball skills and a playmaker.  Will be interesting to see what he runs.  Would love him in the 4th round, like him in the 3rd.

I'm on board the YGM train.  To me he's the better pass rusher over Espenesa.  YGM has prototypical 4-3 DE size and already shows that he is not a one trick pony in that he is adept at getting to the QB and at setting the edge / defending the run.  IMO he has more upside and is the style of 'pass rusher' player we have been missing on the edge.

I see Espenesa as more of an Adrian Clayborn style DE who wins more with physicality.  He's a bigger bodied guy that may push the pocket more, may have heavier hands, and will be more capable than YGM to drop down inside, but won't have the pass rush upside.  Quinn may value this type of DE more but I'm taking YGM.

4 minutes ago, FAN_O_THE_ATL said:

I'm on board the YGM train.  To me he's the better pass rusher over Espenesa.  YGM has prototypical 4-3 DE size and already shows that he is not a one trick pony in that he is adept at getting to the QB and at setting the edge / defending the run.  IMO he has more upside and is the style of 'pass rusher' player we have been missing on the edge.

I see Espenesa as more of an Adrian Clayborn style DE who wins more with physicality.  He's a bigger bodied guy that may push the pocket more, may have heavier hands, and will be more capable than YGM to drop down inside, but won't have the pass rush upside.  Quinn may value this type of DE more but I'm taking YGM.

He’s pretty relentless