Mekhi Becton LG

gtech1

14 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

He looks massive. What round is he projected 

Right now he seems to be rated in the 30-45 range but I've seen him in some 1st round mocks and think he'll move up.  He'd look really good between Matthews and Mack.  

2 minutes ago, gtech1 said:

Right now he seems to be rated in the 30-45 range but I've seen him in some 1st round mocks and think he'll move up.  He'd look really good between Matthews and Mack.  

Yes he would look good.  And likely give Matt more time to operate and blow open running lanes. Unfortunately that’s probably not going to happen as we have big needs on D. 

14 hours ago, gtech1 said:

Our #1 need continues to be not letting Ryan get sacked 50 times.:tiphat:

were still figuring that one out arent we.  and i agree that keeping MR upright is paramount.  we just spent two first rounders trying to do that...ill be interested to watch the senior bowl to see some hidden gems that could work for us at G we could get in the later rounds

I worry about him getting paid and easing up. Weight has always been an issue for him and he wasn't as competitive before this last year. Not knocking his talent, because he's got all the talent in the world...just not a guy I'd use an early pick on, especially given our other needs and how we have invested in the OL already lately. Could be the best OL in the class or burn out completely.

Also - dude could straight up play LT despite his size. He's that good.