• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will remember Jerry at this year's Festivus event when I air my grievances about 2020.

RIP (Help me sing it babe) Mama-say, mama-sa, ma-ma-ko-ssa Mama-say, mama-sa, ma-ma-ko-ssa Mama-say, mama-sa, ma-ma-ko-ssa (Yeah, sing it to the world, sing it out loud) Mama-say, mama-

8 minutes ago, The Kingfish said:

Woodrow "Woody" Anderson | Sanford and Son Wiki | Fandom

Raymond Allen - American television actor best known for his appearances on 1970's TV shows SANDFORD & SON, GOOD TIMES, and STARSKY & HUTCH.

Noooooooo!!!!

Not Woodrow/Ned the Wino.

RIP. He may have been the last of the main/often recurring cast members of Sanford and Son who was still alive outside of Lamont(Demond Wilson).

2 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Noooooooo!!!!

Not Woodrow/Ned the Wino.

RIP. He may have been the last of the main/often recurring cast members of Sanford and Son who was still alive outside of Lamont(Demond Wilson).

A few others are still living:

Lynn Hamilton (Donna)

Gregory Sierra (Julio)

Hal Williams (Officer Smitty)

Howard Platt (Officer Hoppy)

• 2 weeks later...

Quiet Riot drummer Frankie Banali dead at 68
Ef9tMTzUcAUb560.jpeg
Frankie Banali, the drummer for heavy metal band Quiet Riot, died Thursday in Los Angeles. He was 68. His wife Regina wrote in a statement that he had been battling stage four pancreatic cancer since April 2019. The longtime Quiet Riot drummer also played with Billy Idol, W.A.S.P. and Faster Pussycat.

Todd Nance, Widespread Panic founding drummer, dead at 57
02-01-16_DPV_0830_PELP5_Widespread_Panic

Todd Nance, founding drummer and 30-year member of the Southern rock jam band Widespread Panic, has died at the age of 57. The group and Nance’s family confirmed the drummer’s death Wednesday, adding that Nance died in Athens, Georgia, following “sudden and unexpectedly severe complications of a chronic illness.”

Walter Lure, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers Guitarist, Dead at 71
A-340327-1407930320-9639.jpeg.jpg

Walter Lure, guitarist and last surviving member of punk legends Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers, has died at the age of 71.

Rhythm guitarist Lure joined singer/guitarist Johnny Thunders and drummer Jerry Nolan in the Heartbreakers in 1975 following the dissolution of their previous band the New York Dolls. The Heartbreakers’ early lineup also included bassist Richard ****, who after a year left the group and was replaced by Billy Rath, solidifying the lineup that would play on the Heartbreakers’ lone studio album and punk classic, 1977’s L.A.M.F.

On 8/25/2020 at 3:12 AM, k-train said:

Walter Lure, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers Guitarist, Dead at 71
A-340327-1407930320-9639.jpeg.jpg

Walter Lure, guitarist and last surviving member of punk legends Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers, has died at the age of 71.

Rhythm guitarist Lure joined singer/guitarist Johnny Thunders and drummer Jerry Nolan in the Heartbreakers in 1975 following the dissolution of their previous band the New York Dolls. The Heartbreakers’ early lineup also included bassist Richard ****, who after a year left the group and was replaced by Billy Rath, solidifying the lineup that would play on the Heartbreakers’ lone studio album and punk classic, 1977’s L.A.M.F.

I knew him from the Dolls, but looking at the picture, I honestly didn't know who he was without any makeup on.

7 hours ago, Statick said:

I knew him from the Dolls, but looking at the picture, I honestly didn't know who he was without any makeup on.

The picture is of Walter Lure, who just passed away recently. He wasn't in the Dolls himself, but rather played in the Heartbreakers with Johnny Thunders & Jerry Nolan of the Dolls.

That said, Thunders looked a lot different in the NY Dolls compared to what he looked like a few years later in the Heartbreakers:

Here's the NY Dolls (Johnny Thunders is on the far right)
03zNxMec0JAOVqgw6XRpX2NmnRWATubzK5gf3NhM

And just a few short years later, here's Johnny Thunders & the Heartbreakers (Thunders is 2nd from right). Walter Lure, the dude who just dies, is the guy on the far left.
The-Heartbreakers.jpg