January 2020 Recruiting Thread

Carter

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

I understand that but I do think you make exceptions for kids like Evans. 

As a HC, you have to be consistent.  Letting him slide sends the wrong message.  You can’t play favorites, or you will lose the respect of your team.

Kirby would be setting a horrible precedent, by not holding Evans accountable.  And I’m not saying that whatever Evans did was bad enough to let him go, but at some point, Evans either gets it together or Kirby moves on.

Edited by Turkeydawg

1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

As a HC, you have to be consistent.  Letting him slide sends the wrong message.  You can’t play favorites, or you will lose the respect of your team.

If he were already on the team I’d agree but that’s not the case. Unfortunately for Evans his **** is public, I can promise you there are other guys currently on our team that had similar issues coming out of HS

2 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

If he were already on the team I’d agree but that’s not the case. Unfortunately for Evans his **** is public, I can promise you there are other guys currently on our team that had similar issues coming out of HS

I wholeheartedly disagree.

3 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

No problem, I’m just sitting here watching the disaster that is Tennessee football. So I definitely had the time lol

i would love to be watching that.. my wife and i are watching "making it" with amy poehler and offerman.. LOL  i am dvring the vols game though.. hahaha

Soo, from another site, and I do know this poster's reputation and he's usually fairly plugged in: 

Just spoke with one of my sources and basically Evans had another run in with his high school coach between signing with us and getting out to UA game. Evan's grades are fine and he will be somewhere within the next week. He signed with us so if we don't accept him then he will enroll elsewhere (probably A&M). Up to Kirby now.

This makes the video apology make a lot more sense too. 

Edited by RandomFan

When asked why he did not announce, he was vague with his answer.

“Everything going on with the schools and stuff, coaching staffs leaving and stuff like that,” Evans said.

When asked which school he signed with, he responded, “I can’t tell you all yet.”

However, Evans did say he spoke with Georgia coach Kirby Smart this week and also saw how the Bulldogs handled Baylor in the Sugar Bowl win.

“Kudos to them,” he said. “I want to tell (running backs) coach (Dell) McGee good job last night. I saw Zamir White get in the end zone. I want to tell coach Smart that was a good workout there. Ya’ feel me. George Pickens, college receiver, best freshman.”

And when did Evans speak to Georgia?

“Coach Smart?” he said. “A couple of nights ago. A real good man.”

5 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Soo, from another site, and I do know this poster's reputation and he's usually fairly plugged in: 

So either the coach has it in for the kid or he just can't stay out of trouble. Not sure what to believe.

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

not worried.. the use of the TEs and nauta had nothing to do with kirby being stubborn.  i find it funny people talk about the usage of UGA TEs and ignore most teams aren't using their TEs much either..  if we have a talent like washington he will be stretched out and used.  nauta was a nice player, but he isn't at all what washington in.. no comparison. 

Handoff to Zamir, back shoulder throw to pickens, rinse, repeat...:lol:  Kirby hard headed...

8 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

His HS coach seems like a D-bag.. He obviously has it out for Evans