January 2020 Recruiting Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joseph would count against this class. Newman does as well since he enrolled early. We petitioned the NCAA to get back the initial counter on Joseph and used it on DRob. If academics are squared away he has elite measurables.

On Bama, McKinnley isn’t a slam dunk. A&M getting the last OV this weekend and are in the race. Ed O went inhome this week as well. Even if they get him, their class has casualties coming. Jayson Jones, Burroughs, Dameion George (Was Evan cootieship) and Javon Baker. At least 2 of the 4 likely not in their class. Perhaps all 4. If Baker doesn’t sign and any of the others don’t, even if they get McKinnley, they will be hard pressed to get the #1 class. It’s going to be close. Recruiting services may have to ‘adjust’ again to help Bama.

Great breakdown by Brooks Austin on Edwards:

I figured it out, Edwards reminds me of Le'Veon Bell.  Not a burner, but so shifty, incredible vision, great hands, and that patience to find the open yardage.  Obviously not as big as Bell, but the same running style.

20 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

So again, you're speculating. Perhaps he's not in the class because he can't get the ACT score needed. Perhaps he doesn't want to come to UGA as much as people think. There are a LOT of possible things that could be factoring into our decision to look elsewhere. Do I agree that it's *probable* that they are concerned about his attitude? Sure... I said as much. But there is a lot of BS being spewed as verifiable fact about things that no one posting has the specifics around.

These things have been discussed throughout Evans' recruitment and again mentioned today.

"He’s had documented off-field issues at North Shore High School – he was suspended for the state championship game – and has vexed college staffs to the point where some schools have taken him off their board".

4 minutes ago, Beef said:

Great breakdown by Brooks Austin on Edwards:

I figured it out, Edwards reminds me of Le'Veon Bell.  Not a burner, but so shifty, incredible vision, great hands, and that patience to find the open yardage.  Obviously not as big as Bell, but the same running style.

He's explosive.  He's got some great quickness and though he lacks top end speed, he should be able to pick up some big chunks.  

25 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

These things have been discussed throughout Evans' recruitment and again mentioned today.

"He’s had documented off-field issues at North Shore High School – he was suspended for the state championship game – and has vexed college staffs to the point where some schools have taken him off their board".

giphy.gif

Pretty sure I covered the documented issues in my original response: https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4076992-january-2020-recruiting-thread/?page=82#comment-11780445

And whether schools decide to take him off their board doesn't necessarily have any bearing on his character and everything to do with whether they're willing to wait around on him when it sounds like he may not even qualify for admission.

You seem overwhelmingly passionate about how awful of a human the kid must be. Not really sure why. Generally you're a great poster. I'm sure if you take a step back and read the posts objectively you can see that there is a middle ground... But maybe not?

Edited by fibonaccisquared
6 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

giphy.gif

Pretty sure I covered the documented issues in my original response: https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4076992-january-2020-recruiting-thread/?page=82#comment-11780445

And whether schools decide to take him off their board has no bearing on his character and everything to do with whether they're willing to wait around on him when it sounds like he may not even qualify for admission.

You seem overwhelmingly passionate about how awful of a human the kid must be. Not really sure why. Generally you're a great poster. I'm sure if you take a step back and read the posts objectively you can see that there is a middle ground... But maybe not?

I heard Evans killed a baby goat in some ritual to get his talent. But I mean you tell me if he's a good kid or not :ninja:

17 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

And whether schools decide to take him off their board doesn't necessarily have any bearing on his character and everything to do with whether they're willing to wait around on him when it sounds like he may not even qualify for admission.

I’m not saying that he’s a horrible kid, but I think he has proven to be very immature, has a problem with authority and has turned off schools because of that.  If he came to UGA and wasn’t a distraction, I’d be pulling for him just like any other UGA player.  My concern is, and has been, that it would be a wasted scholarship, because I haven’t trusted that he would actually make it to Athens, or if he did, that he would last a year.