Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carter

January 2020 Recruiting Thread

It is like splitting hairs for the top 3 classes this year. Very very close in points. But the key to look at is those top 3 classes are the only ones in that proven elite, championship caliber point range.... LSU and Ohio State are not far behind, but after them it’s a pretty big drop off.

Funny thing about Florida too... they’re all happy with their top 10 class (currently #8), but they are 6th in the SEC and only ahead of the cellar dwellers.

57 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I disagree.   There are questions from the top to the bottom with our RBs.   This is first year in Kirby’s tenure where their wasn’t an established heir apparent.

We have the quality of depth at that position that 90% of teams envy... WR we have one healthy proven quality WR returning(Blaylock coming off injury), that’s it. Zeus just had 90 yards rushing in the bowl game, he is the established heir apparent 

44 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Yeah, the calculations are always done based on any hard commits + enrollees/signees... As of right now, the only reasonably conceivable way UGA holds the top recruiting spot when all is said and done is for 1) Alabama to miss on Jackson (unlikely) or 2) UGA to sign Evans still (also unlikely). Not a big deal at all, as we'll still have an exceptional class, but for anyone who cares about that composite team ranking, it's likely #2 for UGA when all is said and done barring any surprises from Kirby.

Good to know thanks

4 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

How many more could bama sign CLEMSON too? 

They both have room to sign more if I’m not mistaken but I don’t believe there’s a big enough recruit left to propel them past us, especially Clemson but not sure on Bama

17 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

We have the quality of depth at that position that 90% of teams envy... WR we have one healthy proven quality WR returning(Blaylock coming off injury), that’s it. Zeus just had 90 yards rushing in the bowl game, he is the established heir apparent 

Zeus is a good player but he is hardly established.   He still hasn’t shown the explosion that we saw in high school when he was thought to be an all-time recruit.   Cook has been held back by previous coaching staff for one reason or another.  McIntosh has looked good in limited play.    

8 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Zeus is a good player but he is hardly established.   He still hasn’t shown the explosion that we saw in high school when he was thought to be an all-time recruit.   Cook has been held back by previous coaching staff for one reason or another.  McIntosh has looked good in limited play.    

And Evans is probably headed to juco...

I’m not sure what you expected the staff to do with Evans.  He was given conditions and failed to meet them.  He was going to be a huge problem if he even showed up in Athens.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Dude behind this account is weird but man some good stuff in this clip... the run that starts at like 1:04 is just nasty...

Edwards is a gritty and tough looking runner. I personally love those types of backs.

50 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Zeus, KMAc, Cook, Milton and Edwards.  I’m good with that.  Heck, most were happy only taking 1 back in this class.

As am I. I remember Chubbs freshman year and he was quite the beast. Not saying any of these guys can or will be that…..but odds are, we will be in a good position with 5 quality backs to pick from.

1 hour ago, Bdawg58 said:

They both have room to sign more if I’m not mistaken but I don’t believe there’s a big enough recruit left to propel them past us, especially Clemson but not sure on Bama

Bama is the favorite it seems for McKinley Jackson. He would put them above us, even if we signed one more of our targets + Jones and SVP. We'd need to sign 2 more to stay ahead in that event. 

1 hour ago, Bdawg58 said:

This is incorrect as far as I know. Bama will most likely add #61 overall McKinley Jackson, dropping Jayson Jones. Along with adding Rakestraw (which according to Beef may not be as probable as some Bama posters think), this would put their composite above ours (314.46, only .20 difference ish without Rakestraw), unless we're adding Evans or someone else in the top 50ish (Evans brings us to 317ish). The issue is that there just aren't a lot of top 100 guys who haven't already signed even. Again, it doesn't really matter one way or the other, but best to go ahead and square away that we'll likely finish with the #2 class now barring some strange finish.

Edited by fibonaccisquared

2 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Bama is the favorite it seems for McKinley Jackson. He would put them above us, even if we signed one more of our targets + Jones and SVP. We'd need to sign 2 more to stay ahead in that event. 

As far as the targets, no combination of Lundy/McConkey/Bell would be enough from what I've seen... still comes in at 313.35. Evans is the only one we're known to be in the mix for that would do it. Burch of course would, but he's a pipe dream IMO. I only count 10 in the top 100 that aren't already signed... that is insane.

58 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I’m not sure what you expected the staff to do with Evans.  He was given conditions and failed to meet them.  He was going to be a huge problem if he even showed up in Athens.

Based on what evidence? So far there is rampant speculation as to what Evans did/did not do... Frankly, I don't care whether he's here or not, but the amount of people saying he's a cancer or whatever seems grossly disproportionate to the facts in evidence... the kid had a disagreement with his coach about absolutely horrendous utilization of him in a game, and then had another disagreement with the same staff about giving up his phone... kids have done *much* worse, and been brought in to every SEC school, UGA included. Does his attitude give me pause? Absolutely! And I trust the staff to get it right.. if they don't want him, it's not the end of the world. If they do, it isn't the end of the world either... 

I'm of the mind that were I making the decision, I'd have brought him in if you can get him past admissions, because he's that talented... but they don't pay me millions of dollars to manage that locker room either. So far, Kirby has done a pretty good job at roster management and identifying talent and fit. I figure, let the man do what he's good at. And thankfully, he seems to be stepping away from the things he's not (offensive approach). :lol: 

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Lol, part of me wants to see us get Evans and him be successful just to annoy you

The idea of him signing here is really up in your ***, and now your boasting about being "right"

Just now, Bdawg58 said:

Guys, I’m basing mine on Rivals rankings.. Bama is 3rd in those rankings. I just looked at 247 and yes that would put Bama at 1 over us. I should’ve said that 

Oh yeah, I said earlier, 247's was hilarious. I was curious where teams were ranked and sure enough. Every year when they make their last rankings, it somehow always manages to put Alabama at #1; like clockwork 

8 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Oh yeah, I said earlier, 247's was hilarious. I was curious where teams were ranked and sure enough. Every year when they make their last rankings, it somehow always manages to put Alabama at #1; like clockwork 

Yep, the Bama bump lol. On Rivals, we get kicked off the site if we mention those words

19 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Guys, I’m basing mine on Rivals rankings.. Bama is 3rd in those rankings. I just looked at 247 and yes that would put Bama at 1 over us. I should’ve said that 

All good. That makes sense. I wish the 247 composite would remove ESPN at this point... 247 and Rivals are the only ones who put in the effort to have reasonable rankings it seems. 

56 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Based on what evidence? So far there is rampant speculation as to what Evans did/did not do... Frankly, I don't care whether he's here or not, but the amount of people saying he's a cancer or whatever seems grossly disproportionate to the facts in evidence... the kid had a disagreement with his coach about absolutely horrendous utilization of him in a game, and then had another disagreement with the same staff about giving up his phone... kids have done *much* worse, and been brought in to every SEC school, UGA included. Does his attitude give me pause? Absolutely! And I trust the staff to get it right.. if they don't want him, it's not the end of the world. If they do, it isn't the end of the world either... 

I'm of the mind that were I making the decision, I'd have brought him in if you can get him past admissions, because he's that talented... but they don't pay me millions of dollars to manage that locker room either. So far, Kirby has done a pretty good job at roster management and identifying talent and fit. I figure, let the man do what he's good at. And thankfully, he seems to be stepping away from the things he's not (offensive approach). :lol: 

Are you serious?  Do you think Kirby and Del pass on the best back in this class if there is no evidence of ZE being pure trouble, or a cancer?

4 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Yep, the Bama bump lol. On Rivals, we get kicked off the site if we mention those words

yep Radi has put his foot down.. don't question the rankings or you will be sent ot chile.. LOL  anyways regarding bama baker and burrough have grade concerns and neither may sign with bama.. that is still a question mark. 

24 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Lol, part of me wants to see us get Evans and him be successful just to annoy you

The idea of him signing here is really up in your ***, and now your boasting about being "right"

I just haven’t thought he was worth the trouble. Unbelievable talent, but I saw him as a wasted scholarship, because I don’t think he would have made it a year.

Not sure about the boasting part, I was speaking for myself, not necessarily what I thought the staff would do.  I’m glad we got Edwards and hopefully we get McHonky, Jones and SVP to finish it out.

Edited by Turkeydawg