Jump to content

January 2020 Recruiting Thread


Carter
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yeah the OSU fans have been quite upset over their rb recruiting and they have a few horrible homers who run 247 and have done a real bad job setting them up for how the rb recruiting was going..  

Yup, they kept telling them they were in the lead for a RB and then they would commit elsewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Not soo fast.  Kirby has been STUBBORN.  The first thing I looked at is the fact that Nauta wasn't used as much as he should have been with Fromm.  Georgia HAS to open up the offense more with a guy like that or it will look bad... 

not worried.. the use of the TEs and nauta had nothing to do with kirby being stubborn.  i find it funny people talk about the usage of UGA TEs and ignore most teams aren't using their TEs much either..  if we have a talent like washington he will be stretched out and used.  nauta was a nice player, but he isn't at all what washington in.. no comparison. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Yup, they kept telling them they were in the lead for a RB and then they would commit elsewhere.

yeah the guys who run 247 are lying left and right to their subscribers.. one reason i visit their site and laugh when i read the updates.. if a guy answers the phone from an osu coach then they are going to get them..  eventually the subscribers started to ignore and mock any rb update.. it's pretty bad over there.. you can't trust any info because they let their fan boy take over their professionalism which they have none of. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Beef said:

I don’t know what to make of that interview.

We already knew about the incident he had with his coach a long while ago, so how did something recently change??

Evans made it sound like whomever he sent his LOI to has changed their mind because of this past incident and just told him they’re afraid he isn’t mature enough to go there.  Likely meaning, Kirby.

But that doesn’t make sense.  How the heck do we accept his LOI, or obviously give him the impression it’s okay to send us his LOI, but then at the 11th hour before his official announcement tell him, “Wait, we’re concerned about your maturity level again, so don’t announce yet.”

That can’t be what’s happened.  That’s completely illogical.

So WTF is happening here?  This is wildly perplexing.

You got all of that from the 5 words Evans said?  #Nostradamusindahouse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find i amusing that VolNation and @Spts1 and anyone else cannot fathom that Kirby will have capacity to evolve his offensive philosophy.  Good head coaches adapt.     Who thought Ed Orgeron was an offensive savant in August?  The man cannot even speak English.

Changes are a comin' in Athens - I can feel it.    Doesn't mean we won't be run-centric but there is gonna be more dynamite in the passing game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

You got all of that from the 5 words Evans said?  #Nostradamusindahouse

Well the words he did speak made it sound like his "commitment" was somehow in jeopardy. Either the kid is awfully confused or the stuff we've been led to believe (i.e. that he signed his LOI) is wrong. The timing of everything is strange.

I, for one, am fine moving on without him.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

You got all of that from the 5 words Evans said?  #Nostradamusindahouse

He didn’t announce after previously being on the schedule to.

This obviously means something just changed.

Everyone knows he sent a team, almost assuredly UGA, his LOI already.

But in that interview, he explicitly apologized for making the mistake of getting into an incident with his high school coach and declared it won’t happen again and he promises he’s a good kid and will be a good kid at the school he chooses.

So yeah, the logical inferences and connecting the dots are there.

What doesn’t make sense is that this incident was known by everyone already, AND, he’s supposed to be an EE and start school on freaking Monday.

So why is he pointing to the past incident as the reason he didn’t announce tonight??

It makes it seem like we pulled his offer over that old incident, which makes no sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LawDawg said:

Well the words he did speak made it sound like his "commitment" was somehow in jeopardy. Either the kid is awfully confused or the stuff we've been led to believe (i.e. that he signed his LOI) is wrong. The timing of everything is strange.

I, for one, am fine moving on without him.

 

Very bizarre recruitment.  Will be interesting to see how long this drags out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Beef said:

He didn’t announce after previously being on the schedule to.

This obviously means something just changed.

Everyone knows he sent a team, almost assuredly UGA, his LOI already.

But in that interview, he explicitly apologized for making the mistake of getting into an incident with his high school coach and declared it won’t happen again and he promises he’s a good kid and will be a good kid at the school he chooses.

So yeah, the logical inferences and connecting the dots are there.

What doesn’t make sense is that this incident was known by everyone already, AND, he’s supposed to be an EE and start school on freaking Monday.

So why is he pointing to the past incident as the reason he didn’t announce tonight??

It makes it seem like we pulled his offer over that old incident, which makes no sense.

I didn’t draw the conclusions that rehashing the incidents had anything to do with not announcing the commitment tonight.   That was left unaddressed and purposely so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bdawg58 said:

Y’all need to pay attention to his first sentence.. he apologized to his “college coaches”. He’s basically apologizing to Kirby and Dell and you know what he seems sincere. I would have no problem taking a risk on this kid

Yeah, I also saw a rumor that perhaps his high school is the one that might supposedly be not allowing him to graduate early now for some reason, and just made that decision? Not sure on the validity, but that would be one of the few things that would seem to make this situation make any type of sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

Yeah, I also saw a rumor that perhaps his high school is the one that might supposedly be not allowing him to graduate early now for some reason, and just made that decision? Not sure on the validity, but that would be one of the few things that would seem to make this situation make any type of sense. 

I saw it said somewhere else that his HS/his coaches were unhappy that he signed, and supposedly he did so without telling them

Again, not sure how true that may be so...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

Yeah, I also saw a rumor that perhaps his high school is the one that might supposedly be not allowing him to graduate early now for some reason, and just made that decision? Not sure on the validity, but that would be one of the few things that would seem to make this situation make any type of sense. 

Kirby and the staff wanted Evans to be an EE because they want him out of that toxic situation and that was part of some of the stipulations. I hadn’t heard that rumor but if that’s true then his HS coach is a vengeful guy. That’s just wrong in every way

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Y’all need to pay attention to his first sentence.. he apologized to his “college coaches”. He’s basically apologizing to Kirby and Dell and you know what he seems sincere. I would have no problem taking a risk on this kid

Kipp implied that something happened between the time he signed and today.  Thus the reason he didn’t announce.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Yeah, I also saw a rumor that perhaps his high school is the one that might supposedly be not allowing him to graduate early now for some reason, and just made that decision? Not sure on the validity, but that would be one of the few things that would seem to make this situation make any type of sense. 

If his high school allows it and he has the credits, grades etc, they can’t keep him from graduating early.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Turkeydawg said:

Kipp implied that something happened between the time he signed and today.  Thus the reason he didn’t announce.  

Obviously something did but it’s definitely UGA that’s holding his commitment off and not Evans. Evans seemed sincere with his apology and dang I say give the kid a chance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I didn’t draw the conclusions that rehashing the incidents had anything to do with not announcing the commitment tonight.   That was left unaddressed and purposely so.

quote:
When asked where he was at, Zach Evans responded: "I want to first apologize to all of my college coaches and apologize for the things they are hearing. I am really a good kid." 

 

quote:
Deion Sanders went on to say during the interview during the ESPN broadcast, "He's a kid. He did something stupid. He made a mistake and he deserves a second chance." 

Why would these things be said if he had sent in his LOI and is supposed to EE next week?

And why the heck would an old irrelevant incident be brought up and apology be made for it if this wasn’t the reason for his cancelling the announcement?

Sanders pleading the kid deserves a second chance, but didn’t we already give him that?  Why else would we allow him to send us his LOI??

Edited by Beef
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Obviously something did but it’s definitely UGA that’s holding his commitment off and not Evans. Evans seemed sincere with his apology and dang I say give the kid a chance

I guess it depends on what it was that he did.  If Evans was given a set of stipulations and he didn’t live up to them, at what point should Kirby cut bait?

Edited by Turkeydawg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Turkeydawg said:

I guess it depends on what it was that he did.  If Evans given a set of stipulations and he didn’t live up to them, at what point should Kirby cut bait.  

I understand that but I do think you make exceptions for kids like Evans. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"The commitment of Darnell Washington was over privately for months. I am skeptical of times with silent commits, but this one stuck. In fact UGA staff felt so good on this one, they did not have a problem with him visiting Tennessee last. That is when I knew this was with done.

Todd Hartley did a very good job with this five-star TE from Las Vegas as the lead recruiter for Georgia.

His coach called me in late August and talked with me about doing a commitment video for Georgia. I also talked with Darnell about his ideas for a video. Few weeks later, he decided to wait until the UA Game to do it on national television. I did a CB a few days after that call.

Others recruited him hard and I am sure it was close at times, but Georgia led the entire season here on him according to people very close to this and people in Las Vegas besides his staff." --- Mansell, 247

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...