Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carter

January 2020 Recruiting Thread

2 minutes ago, Augustadawgchop said:

Evans and that 2021 rb with the 4.3 40...with Zeus btw the tackles and a legit pass first threat/1st down balance...mercy.

Don’t forget Milton. Dude helped big time putting this class together and he’s as solid a kid as you can find. Our coaches are probably ok with not taking a 2nd RB in this class if things go a certain way imo because we have Milton. That 2021 group of RBs we are going after is very special.

21 minutes ago, Beef said:

Considering I showed the evidence of Monken giving more touches to RB’s on average than Chaney and Coley did, only an ignorant rube would suggest UGA will no longer be RBU because of the changes.

As long as Dell McGee is RB coach, UGA will always be RBU - he’s the best RB recruiter in the nation.

30 minutes ago, Carter said:

That 2021 group of RBs we are going after is very special.

Who would you say are the players we're targeting/players that are standing out at RB for the next cycle? 

21 minutes ago, RxDawg said:

Who would you say are the players we're targeting/players that are standing out at RB for the next cycle? 

Pryor, Brown and Shipley are the main guys you would want to keep an eye on right now but that’s a deep RB class in 21

1 minute ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Shipley looks fast and a good receiver as well but the film I saw didn’t seem to show any wiggle or elusiveness? Just speed? Am I wrong? 

Very similar to McCaffery and not only because he’s white but in the actual way they play football 

21 minutes ago, RxDawg said:

Cody Brown, Lovasea Carroll, Will Shipley, Evan Pryor, Donovan Edwards are the names I know of that we’ve been working early. In a really good spot with all of them, just have to see how it unfolds.

28 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Very similar to McCaffery and not only because he’s white but in the actual way they play football 

I don’t know about that.  Shipley and McCaffery film look nothing alike.  Shipley is a one-cut north-south power/speed back. Not even close to the lateral agility and stop/start ability McCaffery has.

20 minutes ago, Beef said:

I don’t know about that.  Shipley and McCaffery film look nothing alike.  Shipley is a one-cut north-south power/speed back. Not even close to the lateral agility and stop/start ability McCaffery has.

They are alike in that both are fast, same body build and great catchers out of the backfield. Yes, McCaffery has a little bit more wiggle to his running style but in fairness Shipley didn’t really need to use any wiggle because of his speed 

17 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

They are alike in that both are fast, same body build and great catchers out of the backfield. Yes, McCaffery has a little bit more wiggle to his running style but in fairness Shipley didn’t really need to use any wiggle because of his speed 

That description fits most RB's now. Kamara, Lewis, White, etc.

Loads of backs you could compare him to bud.

2 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

That description fits most RB's now. Kamara, Lewis, White, etc.

Loads of backs you could compare him to bud.

Not really, the 3 RBs you mention are not in between the tackle RBs and as a matter of fact are mainly 3rd down backs for their respective teams. McCaffery however is an every down back and does run between the tackles as well as being a great receiver out of the backfield as does Shipley. 

46 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Not really, the 3 RBs you mention are not in between the tackle RBs and as a matter of fact are mainly 3rd down backs for their respective teams. McCaffery however is an every down back and does run between the tackles as well as being a great receiver out of the backfield as does Shipley. 

Kamara is mainly third down? Yeah ok. That's like saying Swift is mainly third down lol. 

Just because the Saints arent running Kamara to his death like the Panthers are with CMC doesn't make him a "third down back".

Doesn't matter because no back at UGA will be an every down back in your eyes since we run a heavy rotation.

Just for kicks and giggles a tiny 195lb RB won't survive between the tackles. Dude it like a taller Cohen.

42 minutes ago, Carter said:

Interesting we have composite 4 star OG Marcus Henderson visiting this weekend. Luke went in-home with him on Tuesday according to Rusty. He's currently an Ole Miss commit.

It’s only interesting if we lose SVP.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Interesting we have composite 4 star OG Marcus Henderson visiting this weekend. Luke went in-home with him on Tuesday according to Rusty. He's currently an Ole Miss commit.

Probably just a backup plan in case something crazy were to happen with Jones or SVP. Similar to why I think we are still keeping an iron in the fire with Edwards. 

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/sedrick-van-pran-granger-even-nfl-owner-arthur-blank-wants-him-at-uga

That said, he did not sign during the early period. That caught the eyes of a lot of Georgia fans and Georgians in general, including the owner of the Atlanta Falcons.

The context of that story came up while Van Pran-Granger was describing how much the Georgia fan base has embraced him since he committed back on Aug. 17, 2019.

“My uncle stays out there in Georgia,” he said during Under Armour All-American Week down in Florida. “He called me a couple of weeks ago and you know he runs a car dealership. I think it was one of his clients or a co-worker or something. They know Arthur Blank.”

Yes, that same Arthur Blank. The pinstripe suits. Home Depot. The owner of the NFL’s Atlanta Falcons.

“Arthur Blank was worried if I was going to stay committed to Georgia,” Van Pran-Granger said. “Seriously. I thought that was a really cool story. Just shows the love that I have gotten from Georgia man. It is crazy.”

… on what coach Luke is looking for with his Georgia offensive line personnel: “I think coach Luke wants agile linemen. I think he wants more agile linemen. He doesn’t want all brut force. Brute force is good but you definitely want to be able to move.”

Edited by RandomFan

11 hours ago, g-dawg said:

It’s only interesting if we lose SVP.

It’s interesting regardless and has nothing to do with SVP. We are in a position of closing with the best players or best fits available for the last couple spots. SVP is a center and all Dawg. Also I was mistaken earlier, seems Henderson’s not a commit for Ole Miss.

OM wants him to play tight end and defense as a freshman. Luke has apparently been talking to him for a while about UGA. Pittman is also trying to get Henderson to Arkansas.

I become less sure how this class closes out after Jones and SVP with each passing day lol

1 hour ago, Carter said:

It’s interesting regardless and has nothing to do with SVP. We are in a position of closing with the best players or best fits available for the last couple spots. SVP is a center and all Dawg. Also I was mistaken earlier, seems Henderson’s not a commit for Ole Miss.

OM wants him to play tight end and defense as a freshman. Luke has apparently been talking to him for a while about UGA. Pittman is also trying to get Henderson to Arkansas.

I become less sure how this class closes out after Jones and SVP with each passing day lol

Assuming we hold the commits we got:

OT - Tate Ratledge

OT - Broderick Jones

C - Sedrick Van Pran Granger

OG - Chad Lindberg

OT/OG - Austin Blaske

OG/OT - Devin Willock

that's already six offensive linemen in a class projected to be 24 or 25.   That's basically 25% of the 2020 class right there.   Seems hard to believe we would take another although like you said - anything is possible.