January 2020 Recruiting Thread

Carter

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

you guys are actually needing an rb bad and are going after gibbs now.. you have pretty much struck out on every rb you have been after.  you only have a 3 star.. rb recruiting for osu has been pretty bad this cycle.. you guys have tried to go after every top back and have lost out.. you might be great on campus now, but your coaches are desperate to add some top talent.  

We need a speed guy back there.  We have SOME depth but  would like a speed guy back there.  Gibbs would definitely do that for the team...

14 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Man we have no choice but to use a target like that... 

Not soo fast.  Kirby has been STUBBORN.  The first thing I looked at is the fact that Nauta wasn't used as much as he should have been with Fromm.  Georgia HAS to open up the offense more with a guy like that or it will look bad... 

15 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

So, let's see here.

Didn't really want him

Didn't need him

UGA paid him

His mom wanted Tennessee 

He's not even that good

Our defenders will destroy him over the middle

He won't get any targets 

They're seriously not only bashing the kid, but bashing him being a parent, and are convinced he was theirs until UGA paid him right before he signed

Just...wow

1 minute ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I believe OSU missed on their top 6 targets this year.  You can’t have years like that and stay loaded.

Can't sign everyone of them.  Loaded at receiver, quarterback and the lines.  Replacing key secondary pieces.  Number 3 ranked class.  Gonna be a good recruitment...

22 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

We need a speed guy back there.  We have SOME depth but  would like a speed guy back there.  Gibbs would definitely do that for the team...

i have been following your rb recruiting the entire time and so far ryan day has done a poor job there with this class.. if you guys can get gibbs that would be great, but right now i doubt it.. everyone is after gibbs.. heck even bama was before mcclellan flipped to them.  you have recruited terrific at wr for instance, but the rb coach hasn't been holding his own.  you know how it is you can't whiff like you guys have at rb in more than 1 cycle.. 

8 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I believe OSU missed on their top 6 targets this year.  You can’t have years like that and stay loaded.

yeah the OSU fans have been quite upset over their rb recruiting and they have a few horrible homers who run 247 and have done a real bad job setting them up for how the rb recruiting was going..  

16 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Was that interview with Evans supposed to accomplish something?

I don’t know what to make of that interview.

We already knew about the incident he had with his coach a long while ago, so how did something recently change??

Evans made it sound like whomever he sent his LOI to has changed their mind because of this past incident and just told him they’re afraid he isn’t mature enough to go there.  Likely meaning, Kirby.

But that doesn’t make sense.  How the heck do we accept his LOI, or obviously give him the impression it’s okay to send us his LOI, but then at the 11th hour before his official announcement tell him, “Wait, we’re concerned about your maturity level again, so don’t announce yet.”

That can’t be what’s happened.  That’s completely illogical.

So WTF is happening here?  This is wildly perplexing.

Edited by Beef