January 2020 Recruiting Thread

Carter

Honestly, it just sounds like the kid wanted his moment

Yes he was going to announce his school, but he was also going to announce his early enrollment at that school, and, by all accounts, was all hyped about enrolling early, and, at the same time, leaving his HS behind. He was done and was moving on

Now things have changed and he can't do that, so he's probably feeling bummed out, and is reevaluating how he wants to do this.

He was all finished and said and ready to be done with HS and go straight from this game to UGA, bags packed and everything probably, but not anymore.

It also puts the moment kind of on notice, since, well, if he isn't enrolling early then there's really no reason to announce at the all star game specifically. That was the last big event to put him on showcase, but if he isn't enrolling early, then there's other options now, ones possibly more favorable for him.

As far as the stuff about him talking to other schools, I dunno, sounds like BS, just too weird. I'll hold off thinking/commenting on that noise without/until confirmation there

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Honestly, it just sounds like the kid wanted his moment

Yes he was going to announce his school, but he was also going to announce his early enrollment at that school, and, by all accounts, was all hyped about enrolling early, and, at the same time, leaving his HS behind. He was done and was moving on

Now things have changed and he can't do that, so he's probably feeling bummed out, and is reevaluating how he wants to do this.

He was all finished and said and ready to be done with HS and go straight from this game to UGA, bags packed and everything probably, but not anymore.

It also puts the moment kind of on notice, since, well, if he isn't enrolling early then there's really no reason to announce at the all star game specifically. That was the last big event to put him on showcase, but if he isn't enrolling early, then there's other options now, ones possibly more favorable for him.

As far as the stuff about him talking to other schools, I dunno, sounds like BS, just too weird. I'll hold off thinking/commenting on that noise without/until confirmation there

Too much drama with this kid.  Hope it pans out, but I doubt it will.

22 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Glad Ohio State is loaded at running back. Would hate to be recruiting Zach.  Georgia  has enough backs.  Zach is looking like a hard pass with that drama...

Odds are Evans is still part of this class.   I will place the odds at 70%.

34 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Glad Ohio State is loaded at running back. Would hate to be recruiting Zach.  Georgia  has enough backs.  Zach is looking like a hard pass with that drama...

you guys are actually needing an rb bad and are going after gibbs now.. you have pretty much struck out on every rb you have been after.  you only have a 3 star.. rb recruiting for osu has been pretty bad this cycle.. you guys have tried to go after every top back and have lost out.. you might be great on campus now, but your coaches are desperate to add some top talent.  

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

yeah jake reuse put it up accidentally and pulled it quickly.  other sites have done the same on accident.. it happens. 

Not only that, but if you are on 247, the mods from the other schools Washington was looking at had already cb’d him to UGA, or said that their school was not getting him.