Jump to content

January 2020 Recruiting Thread


Carter
 Share

Recommended Posts

From Trent Smallwood:

There is a lot of speculation out there. I have confirmed he is no longer an early enrollee which has put a big pause on things and a big reason why he has delayed things. I believe the school he had initially signed with (of course that is told to be Georgia) notified him that he was not cleared on the the academic side to enroll in January.

I am told this has nothing to do with the game last night. I am also told as of this morning he has not been released from his LOI and is still in communication with the team he signed with. 

Will look more into it but that is what I have up to this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, L.A.Falcon Fan said:

This is from Jasonsdawg on Rivals. A very well respected poster with inside info. 

jasonsDawg
War Daddy

He saw Zeus and KM and realized we are deep at RB. This isn't a kid that has a stable of outside help, and he is young.

All of the other speculation is just that.

We can tear up the LOI, which I wouldn't put it past CKS to do. He doesn't burn bridges. He could continue to pursue. 

We will know what Kirby decides soon.

That's all there is to this. Not some kind of big conspiracy. It's called recruiting young people. Please refrain from bashing this young man. We wish him the best, and nothing is better than Athens. 

HBTFD

Jasons is a good dude, but he’s one of the people I was talking about recently who you have to be careful with reading what he posts. He does have some connections but he also verifiably makes things up sometimes and injects his Disney Dawg take into false info and tries to pass it off as inside info. He often says a lot without saying anything useful. Good dude, great fan... not someone to take as gospel with inside info though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

From Trent Smallwood:

There is a lot of speculation out there. I have confirmed he is no longer an early enrollee which has put a big pause on things and a big reason why he has delayed things. I believe the school he had initially signed with (of course that is told to be Georgia) notified him that he was not cleared on the the academic side to enroll in January.

I am told this has nothing to do with the game last night. I am also told as of this morning he has not been released from his LOI and is still in communication with the team he signed with. 

Will look more into it but that is what I have up to this point.

Of all the players in the universe that signed LOIs in December that NEED to enroll early, no one needed it more than Zach Evans.  
 

The kid needs to get out of North Shore area and find a mentor on college campus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Of all the players in the universe that signed LOIs in December that NEED to enroll early, no one needed it more than Zach Evans.  
 

The kid needs to get out of North Shore area and find a mentor on college campus.

I already said how I feel about him and left it at that. Got piled on about being negative, having a bad attitude about him, bashing, etc. I never bashed the kid I just said I don’t think he will be at UGA (or anywhere else he may sign) for very long.

He does need to be with a better crowd. I became hopeful that he could get close to guys like Kendall Milton and Nolan Smith who have their heads 100% on straight. I think you can see that type of influence positively affecting George Pickens as well. But I have absolutely zero confidence Evans will be at UGA long term.

My preference is still to cut bait and use that scholarship elsewhere. I don’t care if he’s a 5 star. He’s not a fit for our team or any other school that has integrity about academics imo. Hopefully that proves wrong and he’s a Dawg and one of the great ones. Guys who have this type of recruitment usually end up irrelevant and play for multiple schools though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Carter said:

I already said how I feel about him and left it at that. Got piled on about being negative, having a bad attitude about him, bashing, etc. I never bashed the kid I just said I don’t think he will be at UGA (or anywhere else he may sign) for very long.

He does need to be with a better crowd. I became hopeful that he could get close to guys like Kendall Milton and Nolan Smith who have their heads 100% on straight. I think you can see that type of influence positively affecting George Pickens as well. But I have absolutely zero confidence Evans will be at UGA long term.

My preference is still to cut bait and use that scholarship elsewhere. I don’t care if he’s a 5 star. He’s not a fit for our team or any other school that has integrity about academics imo. Hopefully that proves wrong and he’s a Dawg and one of the great ones. Guys who have this type of recruitment usually end up irrelevant and play for multiple schools though.

The only problem is if he did in fact sign the LOI that scholarship is taken and counts towards this year. So it benefits us to get him onboard 

Edited by Bdawg58
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bdawg58 said:

The only problem is if he did in fact sign the LOI that scholarship is taken and counts towards this year

Suppose that should be right. I don’t know if releasing him from it so quickly without any announcement being made that he is in our class has any bearing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

as you guys read, it just sounds like it's academics..  he won't be able to enroll early.. seems a lot to do about nothing..  he won't officially announce, but he did sign an LOI with UGA..  everything else about talking to other teams is rumor.. not facts. 

I still don’t understand why he wouldn’t announce today, as scheduled.  That makes this situation seem shady, considering he has signed an LOI.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

as you guys read, it just sounds like it's academics..  he won't be able to enroll early.. seems a lot to do about nothing..  he won't officially announce, but he did sign an LOI with UGA..  everything else about talking to other teams is rumor.. not facts. 

Hopefully....if so, Kipp should amend his earlier update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...