January 2020 Recruiting Thread

Carter

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

From Kipp:

With the latest twist in the recruitment of five-star Zachary Evans (Houston/North Shore), here is what I have been able to confirm so far.

-Zachary Evans did sign with a program during the Early Signing Period. Our intel suggests that Georgia is that school.

-Immediately following that confirmation, less than 24 hours after that NLI was signed, multiple sources indicated to Dawgs247 that Evans had possibly reached out to other colleges. In that interaction, Evans made it seem like he would still be available to sign with them. We do not know the reasons for these actions by Evans, nor why or how he would intend to get out of his NLI. LSU is a program that figures to be prominently in the mix with him, even though it recently began pushing for Jahmyr Gibbs.

-We are told that at this time, Evans is still wanted by Georgia and the staff continues to work to keep him in the fold.

if he did sign with UGA he is stuck with us unless we release him.. i am sure kirby would release him because of the PR nightmare, but this goes to show you sometimes you gotta let crazy go.. anyone who has had an exgf who was crazy will tell you.. sometimes sticking with a boring gf is a lot better than a crazy one.. 

1 minute ago, Team UGA said:

Looks like he did sign with us then he continued to talk to other schools, it just needs to be a yes or no convo. with him. Do you want to be apart of this class or not? If he says no or skates around an answer then its time to release him from the LOI.

if he did sign with us then the other schools were violating ncaa rules by talking with him.. 

Yea seems like he has been telling them (other schools) he isnt signed though others have said otherwise. Who knows... I wouldnt waste much more time on this, I would need a yes or no answer by end of the week or I'd move on. Be great to get Gibbs but could be like Tank now and be too little too late.

7 minutes ago, Team UGA said:

Yea seems like he has been telling them (other schools) he isnt signed though others have said otherwise. Who knows... I wouldnt waste much more time on this, I would need a yes or no answer by end of the week or I'd move on. Be great to get Gibbs but could be like Tank now and be too little too late.

Isn’t it factually known by other schools once the LOI is signed?

11 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

if he did sign with us then the other schools were violating ncaa rules by talking with him.. 

The other schools have to know, right?  Shouldn’t they be hanging up the phone on the recruit once the LOI signed?

2 minutes ago, Team UGA said:

I have no idea lol - I know in interviews this week he said he signed with a school. I think in one he said it was the school he wanted from the very beginning or something along those lines. 

Yeah, he said he knew before the first game of the season.

24 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

if he did sign with UGA he is stuck with us unless we release him.. i am sure kirby would release him because of the PR nightmare, but this goes to show you sometimes you gotta let crazy go.. anyone who has had an exgf who was crazy will tell you.. sometimes sticking with a boring gf is a lot better than a crazy one.. 

You are absolutely correct! I had to figure that out the hard way! :lol: And I think they are more cray cray ones out there than anything else!

This is just way past the point of ridiculous with this kid.

I was hopeful that he would get on campus soon enough and could put all this behind him but.... Maybe it's all being blown out of proportion, but even if he isn't enrolling early he can still announce like the thousands of other kids that have done so.

Hopefully he will still be at UGA and a productive back but we will be fine with or without him fortunately. 

Edited by jeffro2000

This is from Jasonsdawg on Rivals. A very well respected poster with inside info. 

jasonsDawg
War Daddy

He saw Zeus and KM and realized we are deep at RB. This isn't a kid that has a stable of outside help, and he is young.

All of the other speculation is just that.

We can tear up the LOI, which I wouldn't put it past CKS to do. He doesn't burn bridges. He could continue to pursue. 

We will know what Kirby decides soon.

That's all there is to this. Not some kind of big conspiracy. It's called recruiting young people. Please refrain from bashing this young man. We wish him the best, and nothing is better than Athens. 

HBTFD

1 minute ago, Team UGA said:

Kinda thought the same thing but word is he was making calls 24 hrs after signing.

Yep, read the same.  Had nothing to do with the game last night.  
So, with him having signed his LOI, if he were to be released, would UGA lose that spot?  If so, do NOT let him out of the LOI.

3 minutes ago, Team UGA said:

Kinda thought the same thing but word is he was making calls 24 hrs after signing.

Can any of you that have been following recruiting longer than me ever remember a recruitment like this one?    I know there has been signing day drama before but this started back in September and just one thing after another.

8 minutes ago, L.A.Falcon Fan said:

This is from Jasonsdawg on Rivals. A very well respected poster with inside info. 

jasonsDawg
War Daddy

He saw Zeus and KM and realized we are deep at RB. This isn't a kid that has a stable of outside help, and he is young.

All of the other speculation is just that.

We can tear up the LOI, which I wouldn't put it past CKS to do. He doesn't burn bridges. He could continue to pursue. 

We will know what Kirby decides soon.

That's all there is to this. Not some kind of big conspiracy. It's called recruiting young people. Please refrain from bashing this young man. We wish him the best, and nothing is better than Athens. 

HBTFD

I don’t believe this take.   If Evans was talking to other teams 24hrs after signing LOI, then last night’s game shouldn’t mean anything.

Moreover, it’s not like Zeus or McIntosh had a “Pickens-type domination” game last night.   They were slightly better than good.