January 2020 Recruiting Thread

Carter

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, mike teevee said:

Yeah, the only non-message board thing I’ve seen is a Bama reporter saying he “heard’ that. Until a legit source mentions it I’ll assume it’s nonsense 

evans signed with a team already.. when he announces doesn't matter. bama guys don't have the best info on evans.. they are trolling now on their boards. 

1 minute ago, LawDawg said:

Some folks are just magnets for drama and he seems to be one of them. Whether its his fault or not. This kid's career at Georgia will be like that of Isaiah Crowell. Abundance of talent, but lacking between the ears.

Looking forward to Kendall Milton being Kendall Milton.

Easy to see why early on Milton was #1 priority over the higher rated Evans.

Frightning.

Dont really know whats up (Grades, Prior incident, or just wants out of his LOI) but kid really needs to have a mentor or something to help him along his way. Guy is super talented but talented or not, teams wont put up with this type of stuff for long. If he wants out of his LOI like some have said, I hope we just give it to him and move on.

Just now, Team UGA said:

Dont really know whats up (Grades, Prior incident, or just wants out of his LOI) but kid really needs to have a mentor or something to help him along his way. Guy is super talented but talented or not, teams wont put up with this type of stuff for long. If he wants out of his LOI like some have said, I hope we just give it to him and move on.

Kipp says it’s not grades, or needing a test score.

17 minutes ago, L.A.Falcon Fan said:

Straight from Radi: 

I think there is something to this. Not sure if he is a take at UGA at this point either due to grades or something we don't know about. So maybe he postpones his decision while talking to the coaches? Not sure what's going on but there is something worth looking into.

if he postpones it then the rumors of him signing are 100% false even though his school even said he did.. that really makes zero sense.  if he signed and LOI the school he signs with will need to release him to he can sign some place else.. his entire situation is just pathetic on all fronts.. 

1 minute ago, Team UGA said:

Yeah me too....if we hold the kid to his LOI, it just drags out the drama for us.  As much as I want the talent of Evans, the program just doesn’t need the drama.

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

if he postpones it then the rumors of him signing are 100% false even though his school even said he did.. that really makes zero sense.  if he signed and LOI the school he signs with will need to release him to he can sign some place else.. his entire situation is just pathetic on all fronts.. 

Yes, you cannot apply logic to anything about Zach Evans.

From Kipp:

With the latest twist in the recruitment of five-star Zachary Evans (Houston/North Shore), here is what I have been able to confirm so far.

-Zachary Evans did sign with a program during the Early Signing Period. Our intel suggests that Georgia is that school.

-Immediately following that confirmation, less than 24 hours after that NLI was signed, multiple sources indicated to Dawgs247 that Evans had possibly reached out to other colleges. In that interaction, Evans made it seem like he would still be available to sign with them. We do not know the reasons for these actions by Evans, nor why or how he would intend to get out of his NLI. LSU is a program that figures to be prominently in the mix with him, even though it recently began pushing for Jahmyr Gibbs.

-We are told that at this time, Evans is still wanted by Georgia and the staff continues to work to keep him in the fold.

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Man I wish we took Tank and didnt need to deal with this.

all we heard was they were similar rbs and our staff didn't want that.. we screwed up royally with our rb recruiting with what we did with tank.. sometimes for as much as I love kirby, he shoots sometimes for the sky and ignores what is in our own backyard.. that will be something he needs to be careful of in the future.  I am sure we will be fine at rb regardless, but frankly we should have been done with rb recruiting already and not have to deal with evans and his crap.