January 2020 Recruiting Thread

Carter

18 minutes ago, Carter said:

Couple more Rivals guys have joined the predictions on Vandagriff to UGA. No movement yet on the balls of crystal.

Yeah, well he said recently if he decommitted from OU then UGA and FL were his top two schools in line. All you gotta do is see this to know he ain't going to Flerduh :wiggle:

giphy.gif

Edited by RandomFan

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

So wait a minute....Coley tells Caleb that we aren’t taking any QB commitment just yet?  Like he’s reassuring Caleb he still has a spot? #riskybusiness

Gonna go out on a limb and say that coaches here, and at most schools, are going to say that same thing to a lot of recruits....whether it's actually true or not. 

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

So wait a minute....Coley tells Caleb that we aren’t taking any QB commitment just yet?  Like he’s reassuring Caleb he still has a spot? #riskybusiness

You can only trust so much of what you read with recruiting. People make **** up all the time. No idea how recent that quote supposedly even is. I know Williams is taking his time, which is good news after how big that LSU visit seemed to be for him and how well LSU continues to do. We have maintained contact with Vandagriff on a regular basis and it's been no secret at all that UGA is a leader for him.

Memo to Kirby and Coley: *A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

Offer the Georgia stud QB = Vandagriff. If Vandagriff wants to be at UGA, then take his commitment. If he wants to go back through a recruitment process then recruit him. Caleb Williams can then accept that we aren't just waiting around for him... to spurn us later.

Take the commitment of the first one to 'Want to be at UGA.'

** Seems to me that CW is more the Sooners style QB anyway, and Vandagriff more the UGA QB type.

4 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Tell both guys we are taking the first to commit and then shut it down. Not worth taking a chance on losing both imo. I’d hate to see these two end up at Florida and LSU if we play too many recruiting games. 

I think we take Vandagriff soon and that will be that. We can build our 2021 class around him with some big time players in Georgia this next cycle. Williams probably won't be committing soon and he may just be waiting to see if Brady takes a NFL job before he commits.

10 minutes ago, Carter said:

I think we take Vandagriff soon and that will be that. We can build our 2021 class around him with some big time players in Georgia this next cycle. Williams probably won't be committing soon and he may just be waiting to see if Brady takes a NFL job before he commits.

That’s fine with me. We can win with either. I just don’t want to get left holding the bag. You can take that gamble at other positions but not at qb imo. 

42 minutes ago, Carter said:

yep give me Vandagriff and call it a day.. tell williams he can go after another school while waiting for brady. 

1 hour ago, m2Falcons said:

Memo to Kirby and Coley: *A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

Offer the Georgia stud QB = Vandagriff. If Vandagriff wants to be at UGA, then take his commitment. If he wants to go back through a recruitment process then recruit him. Caleb Williams can then accept that we aren't just waiting around for him... to spurn us later.

Take the commitment of the first one to 'Want to be at UGA.'

** Seems to me that CW is more the Sooners style QB anyway, and Vandagriff more the UGA QB type.

vandagriff has an offer.. has had one for a while.. we don't need to reoffer him.. we were on the phone with him as reported within a few mintues of his decommitment.. if he wants to be a dawg he is a dawg.. i would tell williams while he is waiting on brady we are waiting on vandagriff.  goes both ways. 

To put this in perspective, I think a lot of folks have forgotten or maybe don't know that Vandagriff was our #1 QB in 2021 and was always a priority. We have talked to him just as much after he committed to OU as we did beforehand. Williams is a guy we really picked up effort on after Vandagriff committed.

Now that Brock has decommitted from OU, I think everyone should understand that he should be considered our top priority at QB.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Things change and when Coley told him that Caleb was basically our only target left at QB but when BV decommitted it changed. We will take BV’s commitment if he wants to commit, no doubt in my mind

4 hours ago, RandomFan said:

If Vandagriff wants in this class I'm taking him 10 times out of 10 over Williams. And not the least of the reasons is because he's a Georgia kid over an outsider. Plus, he's just that good. 

In Bobo style offense: Vandagriff

In Coley style offense: Williams

Will be happier than a pig in poop if we get either of them

11 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

vandagriff has an offer.. has had one for a while.. we don't need to reoffer him.. we were on the phone with him as reported within a few mintues of his decommitment.. if he wants to be a dawg he is a dawg.. i would tell williams while he is waiting on brady we are waiting on vandagriff.  goes both ways. 

thanks Sac.

You have any intel on Gunner Stockton situation? 

*as in is he a strong UGA lean, comes from a HS/Staff with strong UGA support, does the Clemson Booster Program have any ridiculously strong link already with his family, has he been coached by Ryab Day ????

2 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

thanks Sac.

*as in is he a strong UGA lean, comes from a HS/Staff with strong UGA support, does the Clemson Booster Program have any ridiculously strong link already with his family, has he been coached by Ryab Day ????

Mike Bobo's dad is Gunners QB coach and the families are extremely close. Watch that one.

2 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

thanks Sac.

i will talk about gunner next offseason.. right now it's too early.  i don't see bobo at south carolina after next season.  i think muschamp is fired.  i think we have a good shot at gunner, but right now i want to see how things go before I say how good of a chance we have. 

3 hours ago, Carter said:

I think CW said he was committing sometime in the Spring. Both guys are 1A, 1B so you just take the one that is ready. Thing about Williams is he knew the WR personnel of this class along with Pickens and Blaylock. He obviously has UGA up there.

Just glad Coley is closing in on one of top 3 QBs for 2021.

1 minute ago, Is This What You Want? said:

Anybody know exactly when during the game that Evans and Washington will be committing?  Halftime, First Quarter, etc.??

Washington at Halftime and Evans sometime in the 4th quarter. That’s as of yesterday morning, obviously things could change