January 2020 Recruiting Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Maybe he bought a dog?

Haha well he’s in the transfer portal to leave Michigan and has quite a few recent UGA follows on his social media. Not saying it’s for sure but there is something to it.

He was a 4 star WR on composite, 116 national ranking back in 2017. Listed as 6’3, 215 lbs. Runs a sub 4.0 cone drill, in the neighborhood of a 4.5 forty from what I can find. Hasn’t played much at Michigan though.

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Haha well he’s in the transfer portal to leave Michigan and has quite a few recent UGA follows on his social media. Not saying it’s for sure but there is something to it.

He was a 4 star WR on composite, 116 national ranking back in 2017. Listed as 6’3, 215 lbs. Runs a sub 4.0 cone drill, in the neighborhood of a 4.5 forty from what I can find. Hasn’t played much at Michigan though.

I would love it.  Him and Pickens would make Fromm even better and I could see Beck getting valuable reps with Pickens for 2021.     

2 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

When will we know if the Evans fiasco screwed up our scholarship number for this class?

Probably won’t know for sure since they can’t talk about Evans if he’s not in our class. Not sure if counting the final number would be accurate either cuz after signing day and transfers we always seem to take one or two more than we thought we could.

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Probably won’t know for sure since they can’t talk about Evans if he’s not in our class. Not sure if counting the final number would be accurate either cuz after signing day and transfers we always seem to take one or two more than we thought we could.

After reading on 247, Kipp seems to think since he didn’t enroll and hit the portal, we get that spot back this cycle.

So it sounds like we have nothing to worry about with SVP.  Jones is a wildcard.  How many are we expecting to sign in February?

*** Glad to have a definitive on Evans.  Now A&M has to see how he did on his ACT.  If he didn’t get his score, who knows what will happen with that kid.

Edited by Turkeydawg

Think Edwards is nothing more than depth and while that’s important, could see some or more value with wren there if nothing else but PR.. why doesn’t cook at least return punts? Svp huge, but so is jones- we lost both tackles w Cade there this yea gives some breathing room for Jones to learn but he’d prob start by 2021... 

6 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Think Edwards is nothing more than depth and while that’s important, could see some or more value with wren there if nothing else but PR.. why doesn’t cook at least return punts? Svp huge, but so is jones- we lost both tackles w Cade there this yea gives some breathing room for Jones to learn but he’d prob start by 2021... 

I think Edwards is more than depth, he’s a solid back.  This cycle has a ton of quality rb’s.  I would have to assume that the staff doesn’t have confidence in Cook fielding punts.  It must be pretty bad, when they stick Tyler Simmons back there.

17 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I think Edwards is more than depth, he’s a solid back.  This cycle has a ton of quality rb’s.  I would have to assume that the staff doesn’t have confidence in Cook fielding punts.  It must be pretty bad, when they stick Tyler Simmons back there.

Makes you wonder...  but it may have been a case of experience (the devil you know) won out when combined with Sr. Leadership aspect factored in.