Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carter

January 2020 Recruiting Thread

Posted (edited)
On 1/1/2020 at 6:00 PM, g-dawg said:

Please stop using "TOS" on this site. 

It doesn't make any sense here

THANK YOU SIR. I assume it means the other site...and I have no idea how phub relates to recruiting.)

Edited by Augustadawgchop

20 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

:huh:

When posting on one site, and you are referencing info from a different site, then "TOS" (This Other Site) most definitely makes sense. 

38 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Some on TOS interpret as positive sign for Evans.

I hope it is but it could be talking about some February guys or even Jones/SVP who haven't signed yet though probably not since they are committed.

I'm still hopeful Evans makes it here though and go from there with him.

3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

:huh:

When posting on one site, and you are referencing info from a different site, then "TOS" (This Other Site) most definitely makes sense. 

No it doesn't...at all

It's used on 247 to reference Rivals since you aren't allowed to say "Rivals" over there

There, it always means one site, and one site only

Here, it could mean any site

No, it makes no sense here, none, Zero

Just now, VA F.O. said:

No it doesn't...at all

It's used on 247 to reference Rivals since you aren't allowed to say "Rivals" over there

There, it always means one site, and one site only

Here, it could mean any site

No, it makes no sense here, none, Zero

Don't give a squat about 247. You do realize TOS has been around on the internet a LOT longer than both 247 or Rivals, right?

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

Don't give a squat about 247. You do realize TOS has been around on the internet a LOT longer than both 247 or Rivals, right?

Most on here don't know what it stands for, and even if they did, what site is it referring to to? The "other" site? What "other" site? On Rivals or 247 it could make sense since there's one major site being referred to.

Here is makes no sense, and only confuses people, so it shouldn't be used. The only thing it does here it cause a whole bunch of posters to try and figure out what site is being referred to, since no one but the poster would know that.

Yeah, makes no sense here

48 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Dawgnation speculation 

the Twitter comments are real from the players...

The interpretation is up for debate

Gonna be interesting to see how this years group or rb’s do in college.  There were plenty of backs that I would have been happy to get.  Really interested to see how guys like Jahmyr Gibbs, Tank, Ebony Jackson and Kobe Pryor turn out.

Could be wrong but I seriously doubt those tweets have anything to do with Evans, I'm sure the kids know we are taking 23-24 this yr. So of course we arent done lol - Still 2-3 spots left.

2 minutes ago, Team UGA said:

Could be wrong but I seriously doubt those tweets have anything to do with Evans, I'm sure the kids know we are taking 23-24 this yr. So of course we arent done lol - Still 2-3 spots left.

Maybe not for Evans...

Posted (edited)

Looks like the Evans dream has died. 

SoFL_Dawg Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just shared with me via PM. Rusty went cloudy, had 3-4 sources say Evans will not be in this class within the last 2 hours.

Theres the news, today we would know, reasoning I’ve heard posted earlier today in this thread.

I don’t know what this means as far as initial counters. I doubt another RB is taken. BPA based on transfer possibilities likely will be prioritized.

Try not to melt too hard, kinda saw this coming within last 24 hours...Fromm is returning so celebrate that should you choose to.

Don't miss the Fromm nugget. And if you're curious what he shared earlier this morning about Evan's situation:

Yes more details on the issue with the phone have surfaced. Our staff didn’t fully know those details until last week. What’s being said that went down is very similar to the first situation that earned a suspension. Just like the first time, I don’t know the intimate details, just know enough that something physical went down again with a coach a second time, and Evans is said to be the aggressor, again. Doesn’t matter when his coaches let staff know, you simply can’t do this; especially if there’s already a perceived history of this behavior.

There was a clear plan rolled out to Evans prior from UGA, allowing us to get back into the mix with him. Evans allegedly violated the plan/stipulations placed on him. This is no longer about the HS coaches, it’s about not following what our staff asked him to follow.

There is still chatter about the ACT as well. So lots of input, making it more fuzzy, don’t truly know what’s going on. It took about 1.5 weeks to get clearer details with the first incident.

We should know soon if he still has a spot available. Not expecting an announcement from our side per se, but if Evans is going to EE, another school likely will get their opportunity by today to land him.

Edited by RandomFan

I'm not surprised about Fromm.

I'm not surprised about Evans.

Time to move on, hold onto Broderick and SVP, and grab 1 or 2 more. Perhaps even make a late push for Gibbs or Edwards (though not a dire need since we'll be just fine with Zeus, Cook, McIntosh, and Milton).

17 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Any chance we pick back up on Corey wren? 

Wren signed I thought?  Also UGA took his commitment as a speed receiver- we have already upgraded him with Arian Smith.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Wren signed I thought?  Also UGA took his commitment as a speed receiver- we have already upgraded him with Arian Smith.

No wren didn't sign.  He was offered a short time ago by OU. 

7 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

No wren didn't sign.  He was offered a short time ago by OU. 

Ok...regardless, do you think Dawgs would want him at this point?  Wouldn’t think so.