January 2020 Recruiting Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

So either the coach has it in for the kid or he just can't stay out of trouble. Not sure what to believe.

It just sounds to me like Evans needs to get the heck outta dodge and he is disappointed he can’t early enroll because he knows it.

As to this coach, after he suspended him for State Championship game, why is he still in contact with the kid?  I don’t get it.

41 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

It just sounds to me like Evans needs to get the heck outta dodge and he is disappointed he can’t early enroll because he knows it.

As to this coach, after he suspended him for State Championship game, why is he still in contact with the kid?  I don’t get it.

Who knows.  He may have him class.  

I do wonder if the coach has had issues with is the brother of the LSU poster who claims he was going to be hand delivered to them.  

24 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Listen to the part where someone asks him who he’s still being recruited by and talking to and someone says, “Are you still talking to multiple schools?”, and he shakes his head and says “No, not multiple.”, then “Only one school?” and he clearly says, “Yes sir.”, then again, “Just one?”, and again he nods his head and says, “Yeah.” 

And then a minute later he admits to speaking to Kirby just a few nights ago. 

It’s abundantly obvious UGA is that one school, and the only logical reason he’s only talking to one school is because that’s what the rules mandate when you’ve sent in your LOI.  Otherwise a bunch of schools would still be communicating with him.

9 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Who knows.  He may have him class.  

I do wonder if the coach has had issues with is the brother of the LSU poster who claims he was going to be hand delivered to them.  

People have said his coach is mad at him and bitter and vengeful because he promised he would deliver Evans to both A&M and LSU and Evans wasn’t choosing them. Complete garbage, it’s fake *** info and dangerous rumors. Evans is just another teenage kid who got his ego blown up and had issues with authority, point blank. It’s not any more complicated than that. Tired af seeing people flat out make up **** for excuses for him just because he’s a 5 star RB. He needed to be humbled and imo it seems like he has been.

Evans deserves a chance, I’ll not sit here and deny that. If Kirby wants to give him that chance then fine. Evans knows he has made some mistakes. Deion vouching for the kid as he sits there looking humiliated says a lot to me. If he can get to Athens and just chop wood as we say then I think he will be fine.

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

People have said his coach is mad at him and bitter and vengeful because he promised he would deliver Evans to both A&M and LSU and Evans wasn’t choosing them. Complete garbage, it’s fake *** info and dangerous rumors. Evans is just another teenage kid who got his ego blown up and had issues with authority, point blank. It’s not any more complicated than that. Tired af seeing people flat out make up **** for excuses for him just because he’s a 5 star RB. He needed to be humbled and imo it seems like he has been.

Evans deserves a chance, I’ll not sit here and deny that. If Kirby wants to give him that chance then fine. Evans knows he has made some mistakes. Deion vouching for the kid as he sits there looking humiliated says a lot to me. If he can get to Athens and just chop wood as we say then I think he will be fine.

This is it. 

All day. Kid signed LOI but Kirby told him he needs to get right.  First step was tonight on national tv.

Now we wait.

11 minutes ago, TroubleDawg said:

This is it. 

All day. Kid signed LOI but Kirby told him he needs to get right.  First step was tonight on national tv.

Now we wait.

The problem is this kid really needs to be an EE.  From reading what SoFl wrote at TOS, this kid is in toxic environment back home and friends who are no good, etc.   - Seems it won’t be good if he has to stay in that environment for another 6 months.   Take it FWIW, but this is basically what SoFl put down.

14 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

The problem is this kid really needs to be an EE.  From reading what SoFl wrote at TOS, this kid is in toxic environment back home and friends who are no good, etc.   - Seems it won’t be good if he has to stay in that environment for another 6 months.   Take it FWIW, but this is basically what SoFl put down.

This what I’ve heard from other places as well. Evans should be on campus sometime next week is the feeling I’m getting 

8 hours ago, Carter said:

I hear you.  And I’m not saying it’s  true but I’ve been coaching high school ball for 20+ years and unfortunately I’ve seen worse than that from other coaches so I can see it being within the realm of possibilities.