Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

January 2020 Recruiting Thread

1,237 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Carter said:

By the way, Zack Evans is visiting Ole Miss this weekend. 

great to hear.. zack evans and kiffin would be fun to watch.. lol 

On 1/9/2020 at 4:31 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

CBS with some interesting nuggets.  I have no clue on particulars about #3

1st: Newman is a Dawg

2nd: Coley forced  Fromm into his system rather than adjust his system to fit Fromm’s style.  Coley will have his influences drastically reduced.  One analyst flat said Coley is out.

3rd: Serious changes/shake-ups on offensive philosophy.  Announcements starting Tuesday.  We will announce our version of Joe Brady

CBS was pretty freaking on point 9 days ago

L.A.Falcon Fan likes this

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Need Korey Foreman!  After Vandagriff/Williams,QB - he’s my #2 UGA target.

This kid is a beast for sure.  Schools I noticed that are showing interest are USC, Oregon, Alabama, Arizona and Arizona ST.

Wardog357 likes this

Monken was the perfect hire. Experience, leadership, success at every level, and innovative/creative play calling all rolled into one. He checks all the boxes, and I can’t think of another available coordinator with a comparable resume off the top of my head.

I hope Coley can retain the co-offensive coordinator role, because I still think he plays an important role in game planning and recruiting, but he was inept at adjusting and creativity. 

Now we just need to bring Brice in to compete with Newman and we’ll have had an almost perfect start to the offseason. 

I'm either way on Brice. I can absolutely see benefits, but I wouldn't be bothered if we didn't get him. At very least, I don't see how we clearly and obviously need him, but also not how one could think we clearly and obviously should stay away.

At best it's middle ground

1 minute ago, VA F.O. said:

I'm either way on Brice. I can absolutely see benefits, but I wouldn't be bothered if we didn't get him. At very least, I don't see how we clearly and obviously need him, but also not how one could think we clearly and obviously should stay away.

At best it's middle ground

Agree for the most part, but I think this is a good argument to support not taking him. He doesn't move the needle. If we didn't land Newman and Brice was our target I would be very disappointed.

Beef likes this

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Agree for the most part, but I think this is a good argument to support not taking him. He doesn't move the needle. If we didn't land Newman and Brice was our target I would be very disappointed.

Mathis still isn't cleared, and let's be honest here, Bennett is only here because we needed someone who knew the offense

Our only real QBs who would actually (or at least the coaches hope so) see the field are Newman and Beck right now, and one of those will be gone after next season.

I'm not sure why we'd be troubled by those two also competing with Brice, and I'm not sure why any would think it bad to have an experienced QB on roster when when our (theoretical) top QB gets there.

Competition is a good thing. Contingency is a good thing. Not having either is why we now have Stetson Bennett.

Not losing the spot for 2021 is probably the best reason not to.

Oh, and we've been pretty **** lucky with no QB injuries in the last few years. Right now, if Newman gets injured, we have Bennett (uhuh) and a rookie. Next year, we'd have Beck, as a second year, Bennett again, and the rookie; certainly not a great depth chart

Of course, all this changes a bit if Mathis were to ever get cleared, but even if he did, you're still adding a kid with zero college experience.