Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

January 2020 Recruiting Thread

1,249 posts in this topic

Happy New Year errbody!

Trent Smallwood of Rivals’ UGASports.com has put in a prediction for Vandagriff to the Dawgs now.

Vandagriff is the #1 QB in the 2021 class, currently rated higher than Caleb Williams. He also lives and goes to school just minutes away from Athens and has said if it’s not Oklahoma then it’s Georgia for him. Things can always change in recruiting but this is a very promising development.

Posted (edited)

Technical difficulties by the operator. We apologize for this brain fart. We can promise this wasn’t the first time and probably isn’t the last time. 

please carry on

Edited by 95Dawg

Georgia texts me every day," Williams said. "They want me to be the guy. They are all in. I talked to Coach Coley two days ago, or yesterday. We talked, it was not even about ball. I have a good relationship with Coach Coley. Coach Coley is a great guy. He is not going to let another kid commit. He says he is going to wait.

FalconsIn2012 and mike teevee like this

3 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Georgia texts me every day," Williams said. "They want me to be the guy. They are all in. I talked to Coach Coley two days ago, or yesterday. We talked, it was not even about ball. I have a good relationship with Coach Coley. Coach Coley is a great guy. He is not going to let another kid commit. He says he is going to wait.

Not gonna wait forever.  Tick Tock, Caleb

3 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Chad Simmons confirmed that UGA called Vandagriff within 10 minutes of this tweet going up this morning lol... we will get one of those guys, I’m feeling certain of it right now.

mike teevee and Wardog357 like this

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Not gonna wait forever.  Tick Tock, Caleb

Depends.  If Beck looks to be solid, I could see Coley waiting until the end for Williams, especially knowing that Gunner will be in the next class.

g-dawg likes this

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Chad Simmons confirmed that UGA called Vandagriff within 10 minutes of this tweet going up this morning lol... we will get one of those guys, I’m feeling certain of it right now.

Not surprising that this staff called him after the announcement.  That’s what relentless recruiters do.  I would rather get Williams, but would be happy with either.

g-dawg likes this

Just now, RandomFan said:

If Vandagriff wants in this class I'm taking him 10 times out of 10 over Williams. And not the least of the reasons is because he's a Georgia kid over an outsider. Plus, he's just that good. 

I’m good with either.  I would love to get one to commit by spring and be the leader and key recruiter for the 2021 class.

g-dawg likes this

Buried in a DawgNation article about Arian Smith today: 

Smith was told the Bulldogs are going to keep running the ball but will try to spread things out more on offense in 2020.

sdogg and g-dawg like this

8 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Buried in a DawgNation article about Arian Smith today: 

Yeah, I don’t see Kirby moving away from being more of a running team.  That’s fine, but they have to do a better job of spreading it out and getting more creative in general.

54 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

If Vandagriff wants in this class I'm taking him 10 times out of 10 over Williams. And not the least of the reasons is because he's a Georgia kid over an outsider. Plus, he's just that good. 

agreed.. take him all day long over williams.. 

12 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Yeah, I don’t see Kirby moving away from being more of a running team.  That’s fine, but they have to do a better job of spreading it out and getting more creative in general.

Yeah, you don’t get two top 6 RBs if you are going away from the run. 

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

agreed.. take him all day long over williams.. 

Yep. I would imagine the WR and TE haul we just signed probably had some influence on his decision if he in fact ends up picking UGA, lol. 

20 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

You can still be a running team and be explosive in the passing game. Shanahan's offense has proved that.

m2Falcons, 95Dawg and frankly88 like this

7 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Yep. I would imagine the WR and TE haul we just signed probably had some influence on his decision if he in fact ends up picking UGA, lol. 

Yeah, that’s got to be enticing.

Just now, Ransack said:

You can still be a running team and be explosive in the passing game. Shanahan's offense has proved that.

Yep.  Just have to be more creative.

I absolutely would not wait for Caleb Williams if Vandagriff is ready to commit. I mean I’ll take either one of those guys but if I have to rank them I’m putting Vandagriff slightly ahead. Both should be great.

sdogg, 95Dawg, LawDawg and 1 other like this

4 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Andrew Ivins with the CB for Avantae Williams to UGA

This is based on the all star games; Ivins is there and has been putting in CBs based on what he's hearing

CB was actually for the Gators. Says he wants to stay close to home so I definitely say it will come down to Florida/Georgia and I am wondering how bad we will go after him honestly.

VA F.O. likes this

7 minutes ago, Team UGA said:

CB was actually for the Gators. Says he wants to stay close to home so I definitely say it will come down to Florida/Georgia and I am wondering how bad we will go after him honestly.

OK, don't have VIP, must've misread

So wait a minute....Coley tells Caleb that we aren’t taking any QB commitment just yet?  Like he’s reassuring Caleb he still has a spot? #riskybusiness