Jeff Schultz Interview: If You Could Ask Just One Question

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd ask him whose idea it was to hire Koetter in the first place.

This should be the question. Seriously. Or, who's call was it to retain Koetter? Quinn's? or Blank's?

What happened to the promise of balance and a focus on running the ball? How are the fans supposed to honestly believe that this will indeed be the focus of 2020 as you stated, when it was an obvious

I would personally like to know why none of Kyle's staff was kept to help Sark with the transition.....

not trying to be 'snarky at sarky' but I believe there are several of us here who are scratching our heads over that one. I mean good grief, if Sark hadn't worked out then, you have the pieces in place to just run shanny's system anyway cause you have all his lil helpers still in house

7 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Alright, our friend @gazoo knows Jeff Schultz and can possibly get a shirt interview with him.  Schultz has been an insider covering the Falcons for the Athletic and AJC for 30 years.  

So send your request in: if you can have him ask Blank or TD/Quinn just one question, what would it be?

Mine would quite possibly be this: “which one of your wives or ex wife’s is Senat sleeping with cause he clearly pissed one of you off?”

Excellent thread concept. Gaz if you do get to Schultzy here are a few of my questions. Please deliver:

BLANK

1. Do you have the same passion to bring rest to the Falcon Nation you promised us in 2002?
  2. Is it really true you've gone soft?
  3. How in the hail could you possibly fire Reeves, pass on Wade, then hire Mora?
  4. Would you kindly explain how you can fire three wives and not fire Dimi?
  5. Is there a lifetime contract you don't like? Can I get one?

DIMI

1. Will you please delete the pics you have of Arthur Blank doing unnatural things?
  2. Why haven't you built an OL or front seven since you replaced the players you inherited?
  3. How could you build an unbalanced roster for twelve years and feel good about it?
  4. Are you comfortable stealing checks after 53-59 and two playoff berths in the last seven years?
  5. Should we be happy about being at the bottom of the league in cap space the last six years?

QUINN

1. Why TF didn't you tell Shanny to run the ball?
  2. Can you legitimately justify the Shanny, Sark, Kutty trajectory?
  3. How many more years do we have to suffer through your training bro?
  4. What do you think about the idea of taking preseason seriously?
  5. Can I drive you to the State Line if you stumble out of the gate this year?
1 hour ago, gazoo said:

He really isn’t, I assure you. He definitely was axe grinding at times when he was with AJC but I really like his reporting since he joined The Athletic. 

I’ve had my own personal interactions with him. Very personal. And I can tell you, he earned every bit of my question.

To each his own, though, so enjoy. 

20 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Excellent thread concept. Gaz if you do get to Schultzy here are a few of my questions. Please deliver:

BLANK

1. Do you have the same passion to bring rest to the Falcon Nation you promised us in 2002?
  3. How in the hail could you possibly fire Reeves, pass on Wade, then hire Mora?

DIMI

1. Will you please delete the pics you have of Arthur Blank doing unnatural things?
  2. Why haven't you built an OL or front seven since you replaced the players you inherited?
  3. How could you build an unbalanced roster for twelve years and feel good about it?
  4. Are you comfortable stealing checks after 53-59 and two playoff berths in the last seven years?
  5. Should we be happy about being at the bottom of the league in cap space the last six years?

QUINN

2. How many more years do we have to suffer through your training bro?
  3. Can you legitimately justify the Shanny, Sark, Kutty trajectory?
  5. Can I drive you to the Line if you stumble out of the gate this year?

ROFLMBO

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

BLANK

DIMI

QUINN

images-29.jpeg.15cbb96ff4bc386f2ff243a75585ba24.jpeg

51 minutes ago, FalconBlood said:

Why are we settling for Dirk Koetter when he has underperformed running a Falcons offense in most years he’s been around?

Have no idea. Feels like a Blank or Dimi move.

Can't imagine Quinn saying "Koetter is one of the OCs I struggled against most".

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

BLANK

DIMI

QUINN

Thats what most wanna know and no sports media in Atl has guts to ask!!

I’d like to ask AB this multi faceted ? on behalf of every Falcon fan:  “How are you going to ensure that this staff will finally put all phases together on a consistent basis and instill championship caliber discipline, focus, attention to details and most importantly accountability into this roster and why haven’t they been able to do it so far??  What is going to be done differently from the last 5 years besides Rich McKay putting his old hat back on??

1 minute ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

I’d like to ask AB this multi faceted ? on behalf of every Falcon fan:  “How are you going to ensure that this staff will finally put all phases together on a consistent basis and instill championship caliber discipline, focus, attention to details and most importantly accountability into this roster and why haven’t they been able to do it so far??  What is going to be done differently from the last 5 years besides Rich McKay putting his old hat back on??

Or ask him, “if the NFL promised to take the team from Blank if the Falcons again fail to make the playoffs in 2020, would Koetter still  be back as the OC?

18 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

To me McKay is the closest thing to an NFL football man up there right now. Maybe Mularkey.

You are likely correct.  I know he/his dad had long history w Tampa and they have a Lombardi on shelf.  I was meaning that I felt maybe McKay had something to do w Koetter staying not nec to lump him in as non a football guy.  He’s had to have picked up some Xs and Os along his tenure.  I may be wrong abt his involvement but I really wish we had more NFL experience overall in exec suite.  

12 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

This should be the question. Seriously. Or, who's call was it to retain Koetter? Quinn's? or Blank's?

Can’t imagine Blank demanding that we keep Koetter. I think Blank likely wanted to hear out Quinn’s plans for next year if he were retained and those plans included keeping Koetter to eliminate the need for the offense to learn to work with a new OC.