Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UGABOZ

Hawks January Game Thread

570 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I’m sorry but I would have took one for the team and laid his a$$ down.

Yes sir

6 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Who does this and not get a foul himself???

B.S. Should have been a technical on Boston. Boston would not have even been in this game if it were not for the officials bailing them out on weak calls all night. 

Drew4719 and blkbigdog35 like this

9 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Refs have been on our *** all night. I don't think the guys wanted to give them anymore calls. 

We got punked at the end and our guys laughed it off except for T young someone should have been a goon and done something! Pierce is soft 

blkbigdog35 likes this

1 minute ago, therawest said:

B.S. Should have been a technical on Boston. Boston would not have even been in this game if it were not for the officials bailing them out on weak calls all night. 

Why would Pierce let this go on ? Get ejected man! Fight for your guys 

2 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

We got punked at the end and our guys laughed it off except for T young someone should have been a goon and done something! Pierce is soft 

Smart is that dude you do it for!!

Drew4719 likes this

Just now, UGABOZ said:

Why would Pierce let this go on ? Get ejected man! Fight for your guys 

This crap is beyond Loyd. The Refs don't like defense.  Atlanta has too many young players for the refs to give them the benefit of the doubt. 

1 minute ago, therawest said:

This crap is beyond Loyd. The Refs don't like defense.  Atlanta has too many young players for the refs to give them the benefit of the doubt. 

Disagree Pierce should have went ballistic after that crap

Spts1 likes this

1 minute ago, UGABOZ said:

Disagree Pierce should have went ballistic after that crap

He was going ballistic all night. Only thing he didn't do was run out on the court and punch Smart. 

GEORGIAfan and Drew4719 like this

4 minutes ago, therawest said:

He was going ballistic all night. Only thing he didn't do was run out on the court and punch Smart. 

Not at all! At the end he was a joke 

Posted (edited)

What's lost in that game is the move by Boston to have their big come out and smother Young.  When the play was developing I felt the Hawks should have ran a transition fast break play.  Teams have been doing that against Trae this season.  The other option is to have Huerter bring it up like they have done in these situations...

Edited by Spts1
therawest likes this

6 hours ago, Spts1 said:

What's lost in that game is the move by Boston to have their big come out and smother Young.  When the play was developing I felt the Hawks should have ran a transition fast break play.  Teams have been doing that against Trae this season.  The other option is to have Huerter bring it up like they have done in these situations...

I think Cam ought to be our starting 2.  And in these situations run the point.  He plays do much better when the ball is in his hands

Spts1 likes this

15 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think Cam ought to be our starting 2.  And in these situations run the point.  He plays do much better when the ball is in his hands

Huerter has been off this season. His production would make a viable reason to start Cam. Cam is getting to the free throw line consistently...

2 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Huerter has been off this season. His production would make a viable reason to start Cam. Cam is getting to the free throw line consistently...

I don’t think we are there yet. Kevin is getting his rhythm back. Cam has started a lot of games so far. He can handle the ball and play good defense but he is still a liability offensively. Although i liked the starting unit they had last night with Cam and Kevin. 

Spts1 and jayu70 like this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

1 hour ago, therawest said:

I don’t think we are there yet. Kevin is getting his rhythm back. Cam has started a lot of games so far. He can handle the ball and play good defense but he is still a liability offensively. Although i liked the starting unit they had last night with Cam and Kevin. 

Agree. Cam is stoll to unreliable offensively.

I wish Cam had his one role at backup SG locked in for his first 30 games.

He's been in and out of the starting lineup at PG, SG, SF - that's a lot for a rookie.

However, despite that he still plays defense. Lots of players let their offensive struggles disrupt the focus on defense - not him, that's special for a rookie to have this mindset already.

Heurter has played in 24 games, starting 16 (13 of which are after his shoulder injury)  - he's still working his way back from offseason and in season injuries.

Edited by jayu70
blkbigdog35 likes this

I think Cam is trying to fit in offensively.  To me he’s looked better when he has been able to handle the ball.  He’s been asked to play 3 positions so it’s truly hard to know your role.

Posted (edited)

Trying to keep up with the game, but it's hard for me to not pay more attention to the playoff games lol.

That bills texans game was crazy.

Edited by Drew4719