Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UGABOZ

Hawks January Game Thread

325 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, JDFIII said:

Adding Deandre and Cam and Our first Draft Pick next year will help. We need a big, and I hear there is one that should be right there for us next year. Enter Wiseman. Otherwise, maybe Anthony Edwards at 2, Hurter at 3, Collins at 4, and Dedmon or Jones at 5. All of the sudden, we are running out of spots to play all of our talent. Hunter could go 3 or 4, and Reddish could too. We can go small with anyone then. the other big that would work around our 2nd 1st rd pick is Zeke Nnaji . He is athletic and has some room to fill out. He moves very well for someone his size.

I don't think Huerter will excel playing the 3, especially on defense. Hunter is our starting SF.

Edwards will have to actually beat out Huerter to claim the starting spot.

I don't want us playing small on the wings. Cam isn't a 4, too light.

As in Damian Jones at the 5? I doubt he's back unless he shows significant improvement between now and the end of the season on defense and rebounding.

Word is Dedmon is not currently on our radar to bring back via trade (Sac is asking for assets). It may be an option in the offseason depending on how FAcy plays out.

2 hours ago, JDFIII said:

Adding Deandre and Cam and Our first Draft Pick next year will help. We need a big, and I hear there is one that should be right there for us next year. Enter Wiseman. Otherwise, maybe Anthony Edwards at 2, Hurter at 3, Collins at 4, and Dedmon or Jones at 5. All of the sudden, we are running out of spots to play all of our talent. Hunter could go 3 or 4, and Reddish could too. We can go small with anyone then. the other big that would work around our 2nd 1st rd pick is Zeke Nnaji . He is athletic and has some room to fill out. He moves very well for someone his size.

Nice post but I think our 2 is good to go with Kevin.  Wiseman is interesting.  I have seen a few of the Memphis highlights he had but of course he dominated in high school.  Kid has the prototypical frame of a NBA center.  I’m starting to cool on Ant-man he’s extremely talented but I’m not sure he’s what we need.  However 5 has to be the Hawks main focus and with the other pick we could use a combo guard.  The Arizona big you mentioned I haven’t watched so I will check him out.

5 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Nice post but I think our 2 is good to go with Kevin.  Wiseman is interesting.  I have seen a few of the Memphis highlights he had but of course he dominated in high school.  Kid has the prototypical frame of a NBA center.  I’m starting to cool on Ant-man he’s extremely talented but I’m not sure he’s what we need.  However 5 has to be the Hawks main focus and with the other pick we could use a combo guard.  The Arizona big you mentioned I haven’t watched so I will check him out.

That last game pumped the brakes on Antman for me.. 

blkbigdog35 likes this

10 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

That last game pumped the brakes on Antman for me.. 

Me too I think he's trying to do too much from forcing ridiculous shots and no defense.

21 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Me too I think he's trying to do too much from forcing ridiculous shots and no defense.

Talented as all get out.. but he was shook.. those free throws.. yikes

1 hour ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I told yall this is a weak draft. AE has a worse 3pt % than cam did last year. 

Yeah it is I’m really trying to see who to get excited about.  I’m liking Carey Jr. out of Duke as a potential 5.

9 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I mean has he even played this season!

5 games, 54 minutes, 18 shot attempts, 14 total points all for $25.1 million dollars.:D

When I first saw the headline...Atlanta Hawks Chandler Parson....I thought OMG, a trade, (glad he is ok) but wanted it to be a trade...Don't judge me :rolleyes:

blkbigdog35 and Drew4719 like this

1 minute ago, jayu70 said:

5 games, 54 minutes, 18 shot attempts, 14 total points all for $25.1 million dollars.:D

When I first saw the headline...Atlanta Hawks Chandler Parson....I thought OMG, a trade, (glad he is ok) but wanted it to be a trade...Don't judge me :rolleyes:

Lol I’m glad he’s okay too but to be making 25 million for that type of production dude is stealing money!!

jayu70 likes this

4 hours ago, jayu70 said:

Honestly didn’t realize he had played at all.. but ****! 25 mill?! 

jayu70 likes this

On 1/15/2020 at 9:22 AM, blkbigdog35 said:

This is what makes me believe this team has a very bright future!

The problem is all three are defensive liabilities. 

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

The problem is all three are defensive liabilities. 

Trae and Kevin defensively definitely need to improve but JC has been much better defensively this year.  We have a smaller sample size due to the suspension and the fact when he’s out of position at the 5.   Don’t worry these guys are only going to continue to improve their all around games.

jayu70 likes this