Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FalconsIn2012

2020 Team Motto: Inspect What You Expect

We’ve had some interesting Quinn’isms over the years.   I’d love to never hear or see another one again.  Embrace The Suck was so bad....but  If indeed we have another, I hope it’s Blank’s and he directs it at the front office & coaches.  My nomination:  INSPECT WHAT YOU EXPECT.

When Koetter was hired, Quinn said numerous times that Koetter would bring balance, explosive plays, play action & a healthy marriage of the run and pass.  Talk is cheap.  None of that happened.  INSPECT WHAT YOU EXPECT.  And if expectations are not being met, fire him early next year.  Mularkey (likely gone) or Knapp are capable

But when I read headlines like the one in the next post it just makes me wonder WTF they were saying to each other during daily meetings? 

Dan Quinn explains why Falcons offense will be balanced, potent under Dirk Koetter

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – Make no mistake about it, Dan Quinn wants more explosive plays and a balanced attack on offense.

If you’ve spent any time at all listening to Quinn talk about the offense during the season or since it ended, he’s repeatedly hammered home one word in particular: balance.

“Let’s start on the offensive side, adding Dirk Koetter to the group, the ability to know how to use personnel in different ways, the explosive plays through the years, the Atlanta offense here will have balance,” Quinn said. “So the ability to add explosive plays and the use of personnel through the years, I’ve certainly been impressed by that.  Play action will be our bread and butter.”

I am not into mottos. I hate all these catch phrases. It’s just ridiculous. We are not “ fast and physical” like he’s been claiming for years. I despise the brotherhood garbage. 

Just focus on what you do and be good at it. That’s all it takes. I get sick of this in my job as well. They’re always trying to come up with gimmicks. Great places don’t have to tell you they are great. They just are. If you do the right things everything else takes care of itself 

1 minute ago, RYNE said:

I am not into mottos. I hate all these catch phrases. It’s just ridiculous. We are not “ fast and physical” like he’s been claiming for years. I despise the brotherhood garbage. 

Just focus on what you do and be good at it. That’s all it takes. I get sick of this in my job as well. They’re always trying to come up with gimmicks. Great places don’t have to tell you they are great. They just are. If you do the right things everything else takes care of itself 

Me too. That’s why I wanted the only one to be Blank directing it at his coaches.  

2 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

My motto for the whole leadership team:

”Any more shiit like last year and you’re fired”

I actually fired blank as the owner when he brought Mike Smith back from London on the team plane. Security still lets him in the building though...

:ninja::lol:

17 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I actually fired blank as the owner when he brought Mike Smith back from London on the team plane. Security still lets him in the building though...

:ninja::lol:

I fired Blank after the Green Bay game in 2010 where he demanded we get more explosive. 

11 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Dan Quinn explains why Falcons offense will be balanced, potent under Dirk Koetter

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – Make no mistake about it, Dan Quinn wants more explosive plays and a balanced attack on offense.

If you’ve spent any time at all listening to Quinn talk about the offense during the season or since it ended, he’s repeatedly hammered home one word in particular: balance.

“Let’s start on the offensive side, adding Dirk Koetter to the group, the ability to know how to use personnel in different ways, the explosive plays through the years, the Atlanta offense here will have balance,” Quinn said. “So the ability to add explosive plays and the use of personnel through the years, I’ve certainly been impressed by that.  Play action will be our bread and butter.”

That last paragraph was the complete opposite of reality