Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jidady

PFF Ranks Atlanta's O-Line 24th for 2019

This won't settle any debates, but it's a data point for those who have wondered.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-following-2019-regular-season

24. Atlanta Falcons

The Falcons made the offensive line a point of emphasis this past offseason, drafting two first-round players to fill in on the right side and signing free agent James Carpenter to a four-year deal. Things did not go according to plan at those three positions, though. Carpenter picked up a 45.3 overall grade before being placed on IR. Chris Lindstrom missed a significant portion of the season before returning in Week 14 with several weeks of solid play. And lastly, Kaleb McGary graded out at 34th among 38 qualifying right tackles. Solid play at the center and left tackle positions wasn’t enough to overcome those deficiencies.

21 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Like McGary, still feel Gono May be a better solution at RT though. He has similar size with much better feet and athleticism.

I really hope they play him somewhere on the line next year. He has way more potential than Wes and the free agent guys.

22 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Like McGary, still feel Gono May be a better solution at RT though. He has similar size with much better feet and athleticism.

7 minutes ago, red falcon said:

I really hope they play him somewhere on the line next year. He has way more potential than Wes and the free agent guys.

Outside of $, I have no clue why they didn't play Gono more last year.  It's mind boggling to me.  Dude looked like a complete upgrade over Brown/Carp/whomever he filled in for.

McGary has it in him, I think an offseason of prep will be hugely beneficial for him along with having Lindstrom next to him more.  He showed a lot of good, but some really bad.  I think he can correct it.

40 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Browns were ranked 27th but finished 1st for rushing at PFF.

Not coincidentally, Chubb was their first-team All-Pro RB.

"Nick Chubb was about the only thing that functioned on a disastrous Cleveland Browns offense. As one of three players to top 1,000 rushing yards after contact, Chubb was consistently able to back up his impressive rookie season and did it on an increased workload for the Browns. Chubb averaged almost four yards after contact per carry and broke 64 tackles on the ground, narrowly edging the work Christian McCaffrey was able to do as a receiver to snag the place as our first-team All-Pro."

How much of our lines woes can be attributed to Chris Morgan? Quinn claims he is one of the beat line coaches in the league, but I don’t see it. The O lines were always disappointing in SEA too if I recall, including Carpenter being a first round bust.

On 12/31/2019 at 3:48 PM, 1989Fan said:

I think Gono could be the solution at LG. Immediately 

1 hour ago, jidady said:

"Nick Chubb was about the only thing that functioned on a disastrous Cleveland Browns offense. As one of three players to top 1,000 rushing yards after contact, Chubb was consistently able to back up his impressive rookie season and did it on an increased workload for the Browns. Chubb averaged almost four yards after contact per carry and broke 64 tackles on the ground, narrowly edging the work Christian McCaffrey was able to do as a receiver to snag the place as our first-team All-Pro."

Sorry but I was told the running back isn't the issue it's the line and Ryan.

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I think Gono could be the solution at LG. Immediately 

What do you think of Big Country kicking inside where he won’t have to worry about getting worked by speed rushers, and Gono being at RT?

i realize it’s unlikely due to draft status, but it seems to fit when comparing their agility and footwork.

3 hours ago, jidady said:

I’m sorry, Chubb is dang good, but McCaffrey was easily the best RB this year. PFF got it wrong there if they have Chubb as they top RB. 

1 hour ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I’m sorry, Chubb is dang good, but McCaffrey was easily the best RB this year. PFF got it wrong there if they have Chubb as they top RB. 

McCaffrey had a much lower run grade than Chubb but a much higher pass grade.  Chubb also edged him out in pass pro as well.