And the Goat has spoken

2 hours ago, Skott Lee said:

This ^^^  How can you be the greatest when you can’t get open to get TD catches. At the least, he should be getting jump ball 50/50 balls in the end zone, if not getting complete separation most of the time....  He may be the best between the 20s, but he’s not that great in the red zone.  

Look at the list of incompetent coordinators we've had. Also how many times a season do we see Matt and Julio fail to connect deep? I feel so bad for Julio and Matt wasting their prime years under koetter and sark. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of that is on Matt. I love Ice but his work in the RZ is a weak side to his game.

3 minutes ago, athell said:

I mean, it's not really accurate but if you say so.  Here is ranked 3rd overall...

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2019/2018-19-deep-ball-project

Here is is ranked 5th overall...

https://sportsinfosolutionsblog.com/2019/11/06/which-quarterbacks-are-best-at-throwing-long-passes/

The Precision Passers

The table below will show which passers have been the most accurate on passes that travel at least 20 yards down the field. Catchable Percentage looks at the percentage of passes that should be caught by the receiver based on where the pass is placed. Here are the season leaders in Catchable Percentage on deep balls so far during 2019 (minimum 15 attempts):

Quarterback Catchable %
Jacoby Brissett 74%
Jimmy Garoppolo 70%
Kirk Cousins 65%
Daniel Jones 63%
Matt Ryan 62%

At least 20 yards down field? That's not the type of ball we were talking about.  We're talking about the "moonshot" bombs that he throws. They are terrible!!

2 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

At least 20 yards down field? That's not the type of ball we were talking about.  We're talking about the "moonshot" bombs that he throws. They are terrible!!

You said "deep balls" ie balls at least 20 yards down field.

Also I really couldn't care less about moon shots.  I don't need moon shots.  Moon shots, unless you are Aaron Rodgers, are pretty much always ill advised and result in incompletions or interceptions.  20+ yard accuracy is much more indicative of a solid deep ball passer than hail mary percentages lol

Just now, athell said:

You said "deep shots" ie deep balls ie balls at least 20 yards down field.

Also I really couldn't care less about moon shots.  I don't need moon shots.  Moon shots, unless you are Aaron Rodgers, are pretty much always ill advised and result in incompletions or interceptions.  20+ yard accuracy is much more indicative of a solid deep ball passer than hail mary percentages lol

I said he throws them like that.  His deep balls are awful.  20 yards is not a "deep shot".

1 minute ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I said he throws them like that.  His deep balls are awful.  20 yards is not a "deep shot".

I just proved to you they are not.

20 yards literally is a deep ball per advanced metrics so...you are taking L's all over the place here but you want to push your narrative so please continue.

Just now, athell said:

I just proved to you they are not.

20 yards literally is a deep ball per advanced metrics so...you are taking L's all over the place here but you want to push your narrative so please continue.

I'm not though.  A 20 yard pass is not what anyone was talking about, but play your game playa. Matt Ryan does not throw the deep ball well, and I would venture to guess you are in the minority of people that think he does.

Just now, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I'm not though.  A 20 yard pass is not what anyone was talking about, but play your game playa. Matt Ryan does not throw the deep ball well, and I would venture to guess you are in the minority of people that think he does.

You literally said "deep ball".  Your words.  So you, indirectly because you obviously don't know what qualifies as a "deep ball" in the nfl official statistics, were very much talking about it.

You can plug your ears and scream LA LA LA all you want, but you are flat out wrong.  Far be it from me to get in the way of ignorance though, so please continue to move your goal posts and pretend you are right.

Just now, athell said:

You literally said "deep ball".  Your words.  So you, indirectly because you obviously don't know what qualifies as a "deep ball" in the nfl official statistics, were very much talking about it.

You can plug your ears and scream LA LA LA all you want, but you are flat out wrong.  Far be it from me to get in the way of ignorance though, so please continue to move your goal posts and pretend you are right.

I am right. If you want to twist my words that is ok.  You knew what I was referring to, and he isn't good at it.  20 yards is not a "deep ball".  Sorry!

Just now, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Whatever you say...

It's been established it doesn't matter what I, or advanced metrics, or insiders or reporters say because the only say that matters is Boise Falcon Fan's say on the interwebs.

Therefore, I conform to your solid line of reasoning of "they are terrible" and "I am right" over the analytics and film because reasons.  We are lucky to have a poster with your level of knowledge here on these forums.

6 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

In what area?  It’s not production or metrics.  Not a single one except TD’s

Rice had 118 TD's after 9 season with only having 3 his rookie season.  JJ has 57.  You're right JR wasn't better.  #BigDifference

You can't take away a MAJOR statistic to prove your argument.  TD's are an EXTREMELY important part of the equation.

Edited by Boise Falcon Fan
1 minute ago, athell said:

It's been established it doesn't matter what I, or advanced metrics, or insiders or reporters say because the only say that matters is Boise Falcon Fan's say on the interwebs.

Therefore, I conform to your solid line of reasoning of "they are terrible" and "I am right" over the analytics and film because reasons.  We are lucky to have a poster with your level of knowledge here on these forums.

You're a real piece of work. I could give 2 poops about "Advanced Metrics"! When someone says he doesn't throw the deep ball well, they are talking about the bombs.  You know that, and you're just trying to be a wise guy.  Carry on. I am done with this topic, so say what you want, but MR is not good at throwing the deep ball! :lol::tiphat:

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yup, and I am a big Ice supporter, but I have to be honest about our future HOF QB. He cannot throw the deep ball in stride. How many times has Julio been open deep to just see under thrown balls where Julio had to come back after being wide open and it turns out to be a jump ball?

Ice needs to release the ball early on deep throws because if he doesn't the WRs out run his throws, 

Way to often. Almost always. Maybe more work together in off-season would help. Matt seems to struggle to put the ball out there for him to go get.