And the Goat has spoken

kiwifalcon

4 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I love JJ, but Rice was the best.  Everyone knew he was getting the ball, and he still torched everybody.  Not to mention, defenses could hit WR's back then.  

Yeah but Julio's career isnt over yet. May be a lot closer of a comparison by the time it is

1 minute ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

The other place that JR has over JJ is TD's.  JJ's TD production is terrible. 

This ^^^  How can you be the greatest when you can’t get open to get TD catches. At the least, he should be getting jump ball 50/50 balls in the end zone, if not getting complete separation most of the time....  He may be the best between the 20s, but he’s not that great in the red zone.  

15 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

This ^^^  How can you be the greatest when you can’t get open to get TD catches. At the least, he should be getting jump ball 50/50 balls in the end zone, if not getting complete separation most of the time....  He may be the best between the 20s, but he’s not that great in the red zone.  

Some of that is on Matt. I love Ice but his work in the RZ is a weak side to his game.

1 hour ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

He's 100% right.  Love MR, but his deep balls are generally terrible. Moonshots that allow the defender to catch up.

That's not entirely accurate.  His deep ball struggles, which he does have, seem to be isolated to only Julio.  He seemingly hits the Marvin Hall's and Christian Blake's of the world just fine...for whatever reason he just can't get it under Julio.  I will never understand that.

14 minutes ago, athell said:

That's not entirely accurate.  His deep ball struggles, which he does have, seem to be isolated to only Julio.  He seemingly hits the Marvin Hall's and Christian Blake's of the world just fine...for whatever reason he just can't get it under Julio.  I will never understand that.

The best deep ball of Matt Ryan’s career was a gamewinner thrown at a dead sprint for his life in week 9 or 10 of 2012 that Roddy lost against the Superdome ceiling and couldn’t catch.

17 minutes ago, athell said:

Julio may just be enough faster than those guys that he outruns it.

21 minutes ago, athell said:

He's is bad on deep balls more often then he is good. It's actually quite disappointing. Many missed opportunities.

2 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I love JJ, but Rice was the best.  Everyone knew he was getting the ball, and he still torched everybody.  Not to mention, defenses could hit WR's back then.  

Rice is the best widedout of all time for so many reasons.

Carter had the best hands of any top wideout in history.

Tim Brown was a pure model of consistency...I liken him to Eric Moulds.

Larry Fitz is the 2nd best wideout in NFL history imo.

Julio is number 3 all time...faster but not stronger than Fitz, Fitz has him in the hands and consistency department.

Just now, Boise Falcon Fan said:

He's is bad on deep balls more often then he is good. It's actually quite disappointing. Many missed opportunities.

I mean, it's not really accurate but if you say so.  Here is ranked 3rd overall...

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2019/2018-19-deep-ball-project

Here is is ranked 5th overall...

https://sportsinfosolutionsblog.com/2019/11/06/which-quarterbacks-are-best-at-throwing-long-passes/

The Precision Passers

The table below will show which passers have been the most accurate on passes that travel at least 20 yards down the field. Catchable Percentage looks at the percentage of passes that should be caught by the receiver based on where the pass is placed. Here are the season leaders in Catchable Percentage on deep balls so far during 2019 (minimum 15 attempts):

Quarterback Catchable %
Jacoby Brissett 74%
Jimmy Garoppolo 70%
Kirk Cousins 65%
Daniel Jones 63%
Matt Ryan 62%

2 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

It's not though. The other place that JR has over JJ is TD's.  JJ's TD production is terrible. JR was the greatest.

Either y’all give Jerry too much respect or you don’t give Julio enough respect.

If Both Receivers Were 9 Years Into Their Career, Who Is More Impressive:

• Julio: 1,345 yards per season, 125 games played, 96.4 yards per game

• Rice: 1,120 yards per season, 140 games played, 83.6 yards per game

To put that into perspective: Julio has 1,600 more yards in a full season fewer games.  Sure, Jerry has the TD’s, but that’s also a product of system.  If Julio makes it to year 15, the narrative will change

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Either y’all give Jerry too much respect or you don’t give Julio enough respect.

If Both Receivers Were 9 Years Into Their Career, Who Is More Impressive:

• Julio: 1,345 yards per season, 125 games played, 96.4 yards per game

• Rice: 1,120 yards per season, 140 games played, 83.6 parr’s per game

To put that into perspective: Julio has 1,600 more yards in a full season fewer games.  Sure, Jerry has the TD’s, but that’s also a product of system.  

JR was better, and you're not going to find many that say otherwise. You're saying JR had so many TD's because the system? Teams throw a lot more now than they used to.

2 hours ago, Skott Lee said:

Look at the list of incompetent coordinators we've had. Also how many times a season do we see Matt and Julio fail to connect deep? I feel so bad for Julio and Matt wasting their prime years under koetter and sark. 

3 minutes ago, athell said:

I mean, it's not really accurate but if you say so.  Here is ranked 3rd overall...

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2019/2018-19-deep-ball-project

Here is is ranked 5th overall...

https://sportsinfosolutionsblog.com/2019/11/06/which-quarterbacks-are-best-at-throwing-long-passes/

The Precision Passers

The table below will show which passers have been the most accurate on passes that travel at least 20 yards down the field. Catchable Percentage looks at the percentage of passes that should be caught by the receiver based on where the pass is placed. Here are the season leaders in Catchable Percentage on deep balls so far during 2019 (minimum 15 attempts):

Quarterback Catchable %
Jacoby Brissett 74%
Jimmy Garoppolo 70%
Kirk Cousins 65%
Daniel Jones 63%
Matt Ryan 62%

At least 20 yards down field? That's not the type of ball we were talking about.  We're talking about the "moonshot" bombs that he throws. They are terrible!!