Jump to content

Officially confirmed...Koetter will be back in 2020 as OC


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Well, that just ruined my day. 

Sometimes I hate this team.

Yup...my attitude right now is continue to love my Nittany Lions and find something else to do on Sundays.

i would be happy to be wrong about DK, but it’s been the same **** crap w him his whole coaching career. Hope he doesn’t get Ryan put on IR.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, that ******* sucks. Hope we prioritize the run game and disguising/misdirection, but I'm not optimistic. Such a miserable offense to watch. 

Well, that just ruined my day.  Sometimes I hate this team.

Disappointing doesn't begin to describe.

Jeez, cry me a river everyone. Koetter doesn't scheme guys as well as Kyle but he's not some atrocious coordinator. He had the league leading rushing in MJD before coming here the first time so this notion that he doesn't or doesn't want to run the ball is crazy. He hasn't because we haven't had good enough personnel and we've been behind in more than a few games as well. He came in and had to adjust to a new offense himself, not the other way around. Just like Sark and Sark was night and day better the second year. Unless Kyle Shanahan himself is coming through the doors, he's the logical choice for a team with an aging QB and receiver and a limited window for the coaching staff to get it done. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

Jeez, cry me a river everyone. Koetter doesn't scheme guys as well as Kyle but he's not some atrocious coordinator. He had the league leading rushing in MJD before coming here the first time so this notion that he doesn't or doesn't want to run the ball is crazy. He hasn't because we haven't had good enough personnel and we've been behind in more than a few games as well. He came in and had to adjust to a new offense himself, not the other way around. Just like Sark and Sark was night and day better the second year. Unless Kyle Shanahan himself is coming through the doors, he's the logical choice for a team with an aging QB and receiver and a limited window for the coaching staff to get it done. 

MJD leading the league in rushing was 8 years ago man. Most people on the boards didn't agree with Dirk being hired in the first place because it went against what Quinn believed what an offense should be. And scheming guys open is part of the OC's job. The NFL has changed. That's more important now than ever. The other part of a good OC's job is to know how to set up plays. Yesterday, Dirk was running wide zone runs in the first quarter. Ok great. A good OC would come back with those same looks and dial up a PA pass or the same run in the 3rd or 4th quarter to catch the D off guard. That's just one example from yesterday but it's been an ongoing thing with him. The talent makes Dirk look way better than he is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

MJD leading the league in rushing was 8 years ago man. Most people on the boards didn't agree with Dirk being hired in the first place because it went against what Quinn believed what an offense should be. And scheming guys open is part of the OC's job. The NFL has changed. That's more important now than ever. The other part of a good OC's job is to know how to set up plays. Yesterday, Dirk was running wide zone runs in the first quarter. Ok great. A good OC would come back with those same looks and dial up a PA pass or the same run in the 3rd or 4th quarter to catch the D off guard. That's just one example from yesterday but it's been an ongoing thing with him. The talent makes Dirk look way better than he is.

You mean like the touchdown to Ty???

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

You mean like the touchdown to Ty???

 

That was pretty.

What about the constant 5-7 seven step drops when the OL was struggling yesterday? What about the constant empty sets? Or the short throws that were batted down? Very little horizontal movement too from the offense in the second half. There's ways to scheme around constant DL pressure. He finally started helped the tackles with chip blocking in the fourth quarter. He's lucky their FG kicker also missed three kicks or we would be talking about a loss today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smiler11 said:

Sigh :(

Maybe Dirk will hand over play calling to someone else mid-season and we'll miraculously see a turnaround. 

Genuinely the most underwhelmed I've ever felt going into a new season.

 

I can understand your underwhelmed feelings for sure. But honestly, it has been MUCH worse and less hopeful numerous times especially during the Smith ownership tenure. That being said, I feel your pain. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I can understand your underwhelmed feelings for sure. But honestly, it has been MUCH worse and less hopeful numerous times especially during the Smith ownership tenure. That being said, I feel your pain. 

sadly thats the reality but it really shouldnt be the gage to become a champion...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

That was pretty.

What about the constant 5-7 seven step drops when the OL was struggling yesterday? What about the constant empty sets? Or the short throws that were batted down? Very little horizontal movement too from the offense in the second half. There's ways to scheme around constant DL pressure. He finally started helped the tackles with chip blocking in the fourth quarter. He's lucky their FG kicker also missed three kicks or we would be talking about a loss today.

Ryan also missed on some open throws and had open looks that he did not pull the trigger on

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Ryan also missed on some open throws and had open looks that he did not pull the trigger on

You would too if shell-shocked from the hits he took all year long. 

Our OL as a unit was pretty bad this year, much worse than last year when everyone was complaining about them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

Jeez, cry me a river everyone. Koetter doesn't scheme guys as well as Kyle but he's not some atrocious coordinator. He had the league leading rushing in MJD before coming here the first time so this notion that he doesn't or doesn't want to run the ball is crazy. He hasn't because we haven't had good enough personnel and we've been behind in more than a few games as well. He came in and had to adjust to a new offense himself, not the other way around. Just like Sark and Sark was night and day better the second year. Unless Kyle Shanahan himself is coming through the doors, he's the logical choice for a team with an aging QB and receiver and a limited window for the coaching staff to get it done. 

50 sacks, 130 hits on Ryan 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

Jeez, cry me a river everyone. Koetter doesn't scheme guys as well as Kyle but he's not some atrocious coordinator. He had the league leading rushing in MJD before coming here the first time so this notion that he doesn't or doesn't want to run the ball is crazy. He hasn't because we haven't had good enough personnel and we've been behind in more than a few games as well. He came in and had to adjust to a new offense himself, not the other way around. Just like Sark and Sark was night and day better the second year. Unless Kyle Shanahan himself is coming through the doors, he's the logical choice for a team with an aging QB and receiver and a limited window for the coaching staff to get it done. 

What year is this post from?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Well, that ******* sucks. Hope we prioritize the run game and disguising/misdirection, but I'm not optimistic. Such a miserable offense to watch. 

It will continue to look half-a** most Sundays, but when confronted by a team with a good D it will fold like a silk hankie.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...