How many times was Matt Ryan sacked yesterday?

Refried Beans

5 or 6? Who's fault was it? The OC,? Matt Ryan? or the fans in the third row? Heaven forbid you blame a poorly constructed o-line that once again got their manhood taken away from them. Any softer and they could sell sheets and toilet paper for a living. Pathetic. Falcons go 6-2 and beat 4 cream cakes and everyone thinks we are going to be a contender next year. We shall see. I looked at the schedule and I see 8-8 or 9-7 at best. Our o-line is trash, our defense dont pop people, our head coach is a rah rah bag of hot air, and we play soft.  

Edited by Refried Beans

7 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Falcons brass are fooling themselves if they roll that trash o-line out next year and expect to win with it. Mack has to go, and Matthews has never been great just decent. Falcons need to be searching high and low for some maulers. 

Need to find a quality replacement for Mack before just letting him go. Remember when Person was center and was rolling snaps to Ryan

There was plenty to go around. 

Dirk deserves some blame for letting McGary repeatedly get bullied by JPP and not really helping him with a TE or moving the pocket or anything. 

The one where Shaq Barrett had a free run was on Matt I think. I feel like Freeman leaked out to the flat and was wide open but Matt wasn’t expecting Barrett on the blitz. 

I think the blame can be spread around. Matt holding the ball too long and maybe not audibling to another play when the Bucs were constantly showing a blitz. Or, DK not making any adjustment for the constant pressure. I thought the Falcons could have gone hurry-up at times to try and ware the Tampa D down, but they didn't do that either. And yes, the OL got their lunch money taken again.

2 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

5 or 6? Who's fault was it? The OC,? Matt Ryan? or the fans in the third row? Heaven forbid you blame a poorly constructed o-line that once again got their manhood taken away from them. Any softer and they could sell sheets and toilet paper for a living. Pathetic. Falcons go 6-2 and beat 4 cream cakes and everyone thinks we are going to be a contender next year. We shall see. I looked at the schedule and I see 8-8 or 9-7 at best. Our o-line is trash, our defense dont pop people, our head coach is a rah rah bag of hot air, and we play soft.  

So we're just gonna look the other way and act like we didn't go on the road and beat the Saints and 49ers? Those wins don't count because the other 4 wins were over bad teams?

3 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Whether fans (I'm a fan since '66) like it or not, there is a huge amount of truth in this post!

We also don't have a very strong and fast powerback like Tampa has nor strong and fast DE's! 

2 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

I think the blame can be spread around. Matt holding the ball too long and maybe not audibling to another play when the Bucs were constantly showing a blitz. Or, DK not making any adjustment for the constant pressure. I thought the Falcons could have gone hurry-up at times to try and ware the Tampa D down, but they didn't do that either. And yes, the OL got their lunch money taken again.

I keep hearing how Matt is holding the ball too long - but it doesn't appear that way to me.   There have been times, when the receivers couldn't get open - but for the most part - he gets rid of the ball quick.   It's just that the line is letting the D through too quickly.

In fact, Matt Ryan had the second shortest time to throw in the NFL this year.   Just behind Carson Wentz.