Official NFL Playoff Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just gonna point out that the Saints wouldn’t even have been playing this weekend if they didn’t lose to US. You’re welcome, Swamp Rats. Come join us on the couch and pop open a cold one. 

Tonight I will satiate myself on the tears of Saints fans... and laugh!  Looks like i picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Rooting for Tennessee upset in the WC round. Bills winning would be cool as well. 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I think Free’s problem this year was that he was running hesitant. Those injuries might have him messed up as well as him being told to run more “safe”. 

You can see Free knows where he needs to go, but he is hesitant and he lacks the speed burst that he needs to do what his mind is telling him to.

Cut ties with Free the sooner the better or cap friendly whichever comes first.

Just now, Rings said:

Did you watch the games this year?  There were very few designed passes for our backs, very few screens or routes.  Most the receptions came on check downs because he draws up long plays that don't work and Ryan was always under pressure.

Freeman isnt really a route running rb like Coleman is though. Just saying , quick passes to Coleman would have eliminated some of the pressures. Freeman is a good pass catcher but not the way coleman is 

4 minutes ago, Rings said:

Did you watch the games this year?  There were very few designed passes for our backs, very few screens or routes.  Most the receptions came on check downs because he draws up long plays that don't work and Ryan was always under pressure.

Dude just stop. OL/blocking and OC don’t matter. Player X > Player Z!!!

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You can see Free knows where he needs to go, but he is hesitant and he lacks the speed burst that he needs to do what his mind is telling him to.

Cut ties with Free the sooner the better or cap friendly whichever comes first.

Bingo. Good thing about TD is that he makes the moves that need to be made. When everyone thought we were letting go of Alford and Reed, he did that. 

In the end of the year press conference, the team did not sound committed to Freeman. They have never sounded that way about players they intend on keeping. 

1 minute ago, stizz said:

Bingo. Good thing about TD is that he makes the moves that need to be made. When everyone thought we were letting go of Alford and Reed, he did that. 

In the end of the year press conference, the team did not sound committed to Freeman. They have never sounded that way about players they intend on keeping. 

I hope we're right.

17 minutes ago, Rings said:

I hate this stale, lazy take...to say he isn’t what he used to be because of injury.  Go watch his rookie year under Dirk, he looked slow as heck then too.  Free thrives in an outside zone scheme, he did in college and in the pros, he doesn’t play well in the scheme Dirk is running.  Dirk also doesn’t pass much to backs, which is another place Free thrives.  Free’s regression is much more on Dirk than injuries.

It's not stale or lazy. Go and watch the games and look at how many times there was an opening for Freeman to gain some good yards but was too slow to hit the hole and got stopped for a loss or minimum yards. If it was all on Dirk and the OL then why did Brian Hill do much better running the ball? He was dealing with the same conditions as Freeman. The difference is that Hill has a quick burst to hit the hole and gain yards. Freeman doesn't have that anymore.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

It's not stale or lazy. Go and watch the games and look at how many times there was an opening for Freeman to gain some good yards but was too slow to hit the hole and got stopped for a loss or minimum yards. If it was all on Dirk and the OL then why did Brian Hill do much better running the ball? He was dealing with the same conditions as Freeman. The difference is that Hill has a quick burst to hit the hole and gain yards. Freeman doesn't have that anymore.

He wont answer that lol it doesnt fit the narrative lol 

18 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Free had the edge plenty of times and he didn't have the speed to get around it. Also, not getting to interior holes quick enough was on Free. 

We're not talking about the same Free from 3-4 years ago.

Exactly!! Freeman doesn't have the burst he used to to make something out of nothing anymore. When holes are actually there he doesn't hit them before they close up. I don't understand why folks refuse to see this and think Freeman is the same guy he was before all the injuries.