Official NFL Playoff Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just gonna point out that the Saints wouldn’t even have been playing this weekend if they didn’t lose to US. You’re welcome, Swamp Rats. Come join us on the couch and pop open a cold one. 

Tonight I will satiate myself on the tears of Saints fans... and laugh!  Looks like i picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Rooting for Tennessee upset in the WC round. Bills winning would be cool as well. 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

The whole "running the ball" to set up the PA pass is conventional thinking. I've watched some games from '16. We were very unpredictable, especially on first down. It wasn't necessarily a run like Dirk likes to call. It was a 10-15 yard throw a lot of time with ability to get YAC. Shanny never called a conservative or scared gameplan. Every play meant something. Dirk calls plays independently and little feel for how to call a WC offense. There's more to it than just wide zone and PA pass like many people think.

Actually DK does call plays to set up others.

It is one of those misconceptions that tend to get over used here.

The example that sticks out to me at the moment was vs the eagles.

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I hope all the folks high on Kevin Stefanski are watching this game closely. The play calling today has been terrible!! Vikings should be blowing out the Saints but aren't because of terrible play calling.

Who fumbled the ball? I wouldn’t trust Cousins as much as Ryan and being able to run is a good strategy on the road in a hostile environment; sets up Kirk for less pressure immediately on the road.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Actually DK does call plays to set up others.

It is one of those misconceptions that tend to get over used here.

The example that sticks out to me at the moment was vs the eagles.

One of his better called games on the year but that was with Eagles D being predictable that game.

Thats not the same as making them read and adjust to you; that was letting the Eagles beat themselves letting THEM run the same thing over and over and saving a play call.