Official NFL Playoff Thread

AUTiger7222

Just now, Mescalito said:

I would be extremely surprised if he made it out of the second.  If he's there we should take him especially if he falls to our second round pick.  You see Derrick Henry yesterday?  Harris can do that.

Wouldn’t mind taking Harris with our second, second round pick if that’s the case. Personally not too enamored with Harris, but he’s a good back. Wouldn’t put him in the same category as the guys I listed though. 

2 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

The whole "running the ball" to set up the PA pass is conventional thinking. I've watched some games from '16. We were very unpredictable, especially on first down. It wasn't necessarily a run like Dirk likes to call. It was a 10-15 yard throw a lot of time with ability to get YAC. Shanny never called a conservative or scared gameplan. Every play meant something. Dirk calls plays independently and little feel for how to call a WC offense. There's more to it than just wide zone and PA pass like many people think.

Shanny's style of offense is a passing based offense to set up the run. You get the defense geared in on all those short passes to the outside and once they start biting you beat them deep over the top in the middle of the field. Once they back up to keep from getting beat deep then you pound the rock at them.

5 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

The whole "running the ball" to set up the PA pass is conventional thinking. I've watched some games from '16. We were very unpredictable, especially on first down. It wasn't necessarily a run like Dirk likes to call. It was a 10-15 yard throw a lot of time with ability to get YAC. Shanny never called a conservative or scared gameplan. Every play meant something. Dirk calls plays independently and little feel for how to call a WC offense. There's more to it than just wide zone and PA pass like many people think.

Disguise. Chess. Make them guess. On heels vs you on yours.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Do the Vikings seriously want to win this game? I just don't understand this play calling!! Cousins has more attempts (17) than Cook has rushes (16). That's just wrong. Kirk Cousins cannot and will not beat teams with his arm. Just not happening in a big game.

Cousins has more attempts (18) than Brees (15). Think about that? WTF is wrong with this picture? Ugh!! I hate stupid coaches and playcalling!!

1 minute ago, The Don™ said:

During yesterdays Bills, Texans game, Booger said Josh Allen must spike the ball if they didn't get a first down to set up the field goal. It was a third and long. Meaning it'd be fourth down and Booger wanted them to spike it stop the clock. :)

I don't know what was going on yesterday. I was at the ER with my girlfriend watching the game on a tiny TV I could barely see with no sound.

1 minute ago, The Don™ said:

During yesterdays Bills, Texans game, Booger said Josh Allen must spike the ball if they didn't get a first down to set up the field goal. It was a third and long. Meaning it'd be fourth down and Booger wanted them to spike it to stop the clock. :)

and he or the other guy said that josh allen could run for it?