Jump to content

Official NFL Playoff Thread


Recommended Posts

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Breesus is good but his excellent OL over the years made him better than he actually is for sure. Matty Ice doesn't not know these types of OL's.

His OL has been one of the best, but they’re losing today. Only 12 sacks in 10 Brees games played is crazy. It’s definitely effecting him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just gonna point out that the Saints wouldn’t even have been playing this weekend if they didn’t lose to US. You’re welcome, Swamp Rats. Come join us on the couch and pop open a cold one. 

Tonight I will satiate myself on the tears of Saints fans... and laugh!  Looks like i picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Rooting for Tennessee upset in the WC round. Bills winning would be cool as well. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Well I'm gonna disagree with you because we had/have so many more issues than just the cap being swayed towards the offense. I'm not trying to convince you, just saying there are tons of other factors that generate those inconsistences you speak of.

It’s definitely not the only factor but its a step in the right direction. The other factors such as coaching can possibly stem from an unbalanced roster full of jags. Also draft strategy can be affected by having to balance a lopsided cap allocation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stizz said:

We need a running back so bad. JK in the second would be unreal.

I would be absolutely elated if we some how could land Najee Harris if he fell to us in the second.  I've seen a lot of Alabama games and that guy is the real deal.  Absolute beast.  He's like Derrick Henry.  He will be very good in the nfl.  If he was available TD and company would probably just draft some rb that none of has heard of though...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

And we’re busy trying to use coaches in a mosh pit fusion we haven’t used effectively before...couldn’t get the right Shanny style coach eh?

Yeah we're directing the whole "continuity" thing towards the wrong things. It'll be either be Quinn's downfall or make him look like a genius. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mescalito said:

I would be absolutely elated if we some how could land Najee Harris if he fell to us in the second.  I've seen a lot of Alabama games and that guy is the real deal.  Absolute beast.  He's like Derrick Henry.  He will be very good in the nfl.  If he was available TD and company would probably just draft some rb that none of has heard of though...

Isn’t he more of a projected third round guy? I’d personally be happy with any of Ettiene, Taylor, Swift, or Dobbins. I expect Taylor and Swift go likely be gone in the first round though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

It wouldn't have happened against us!

It's because he's got an axe to grind against the Falcons. He used to kick in the same building as the Falcons when he was at Georgia State and the Falcons let the Saints get him.

He's never missed a kick against the Falcons. He's a perfect 18-for-18 on FG and 19-for-19 on PAT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Yeah we're directing the whole "continuity" thing towards the wrong things. It'll be either be Quinn's downfall or make him look like a genius. 

Yep. It works if the coaches adjust and get more out of the units; plain and simple...running the ball helps but we saw WAY more explosive plays using WC or Shanny style ball...see the Seahawks or Jaguars games.

One didn’t have much of a run game in part because of the score, but Jags we ran well; even if the ratio was still wonky.

If the defense can have player turnover; we aren’t due to lose anyone major and likely get Neal back...and continue their 2nd half resurgence under new coach setup?

Gives is a fighting chance. Need key roles replaced on D like Tyeler or Vic but Vondre isn’t irreplaceable and Vic is part of a rush attack and hasn’t been nearly as valuable as an every down defender vs situationally.

Edited by Schwarzwald
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Isn’t he more of a projected third round guy? I’d personally be happy with any of Ettiene, Taylor, Swift, or Dobbins. I expect Taylor and Swift go likely be gone in the first round though. 

I would be extremely surprised if he made it out of the second.  If he's there we should take him especially if he falls to our second round pick.  You see Derrick Henry yesterday?  Harris can do that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

Yep. It works if the coaches adjust and get more out of the units; plain and simple...running the ball helps but we saw WAY more explosive plays using WC or Shanny style ball...see the Seahawks or Jaguars games.

The whole "running the ball" to set up the PA pass is conventional thinking. I've watched some games from '16. We were very unpredictable, especially on first down. It wasn't necessarily a run like Dirk likes to call. It was a 10-15 yard throw a lot of time with ability to get YAC. Shanny never called a conservative or scared gameplan. Every play meant something. Dirk calls plays independently and little feel for how to call a WC offense. There's more to it than just wide zone and PA pass like many people think.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...